Search for content in message boards

Revolutionary War Veteran

Replies: 9

Re: Revolutionary War Veteran

Posted: 13 Oct 2010 1:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Jean,
Thank you for responding. Our line descends from John Sexton b.1759, I've done extensive research on this line, we descend through his son Lorenzo Drew Sexton. That makes Henry Miller Sexton Lorenzo Drew's brother who stayed behind in Henderson (Buncombe Co.), North Carolina when most of the other family moved to Greene Co, and Cocke Co., TN. They also moved in the 1830's to Greene County due to their aging.

I noticed that someone has posted the Parents of Henry Miller as Peter Sexton and Elizabeth. Is that what you have also? I have information on Peter but did not have him as the father of Henry Miller. I'd love to hear what you have. I am very interested in exploring the Quaker connection as I have seem much evidence of this going decades back. Could you tell more more? Quaker Knob is fascinating.

I would so love to find their gravesite!!

Kimberly: Thank you too for the info. In searching for where they are buried... I have searched the connection you gave me. There I found a notation of their being buried on top of a mountain they lived on. In researching further I could not find the Sexton Cemetery in Greene County, TN anywhere.

Diana: I don't have your dad's generation. Who is your grandfather and I'll see if I have him listed. Also, your great grandfather just in case I need to go back farther.

Thank you all so much! I look forward to hearing from you.
Best, Cynthia
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
cmsexton1 9 Oct 2010 4:10PM GMT 
Kimberly Eato... 9 Oct 2010 6:38PM GMT 
freshour91 12 Oct 2010 4:22PM GMT 
dianabacon23 13 Oct 2010 6:50AM GMT 
cmsexton1 13 Oct 2010 7:04PM GMT 
cyndycox 13 Oct 2010 8:35PM GMT 
Kimberly Eato... 14 Oct 2010 1:38AM GMT 
cmsexton1 14 Oct 2010 2:09PM GMT 
freshour91 14 Oct 2010 4:17PM GMT 
dianabacon23 11 Oct 2010 2:06PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.