Search for content in message boards

Quodling

Replies: 13

Re: Quodling

Posted: 11 Dec 2013 2:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Leanne and Mary,
Forgot to add to my message this morning, for some reason the board is failing to notify me when any of "My favorities" have messages on them. Said their engineers were aware of it!

Both of you have earned your angel wings from me! You have helped me greatly with information and giving me places to look for information. I will be looking at all of the sites you recommended. Looking for information in Australia has been a challenge with very little information given to me and my not being familiar with you legal system. Thanks!!!!

I did not have any information on Dulcie’s previous marriage nor her maiden name.
Another complete surprise, and exciting, to know that it appears William Henry George Quodling had been married three times. I knew about the last two, but not the first marriage. When I obtain a copy of the divorce papers what might be in them to determine that it is the William I am looking for?

In addition the notes I have indicate William was still married to Lillian when she died but it looks like that isn’t true. The date I have for Lillian’s death I believe is incorrect and the Lillian in the article you found was the one I am looking for. What a terrible death! However I have found no connection with the name Robinson.

I had determined that Henry William and Agnes Adelaide might be William Henry’s parents. Too many Williams!

In the US we don’t have the children’s names listed on our death certificates, so was surprised to hear you do. The person providing the information here will give the deceased’s birth date, place of birth, maiden name, spouse name, mothers and fathers names and birth places, then provide their name and address.

It is felt the three children are Lillian’s, but I still need additional information on them. Possibly the boys were born 1932-1935. Might there be any current directories of any type which would show if they are still living? Are recent death certificates available for public use? I realize finding information on them will be a challenge since it is more recent.

I believe Lillian might have been born in England. Gwendolyn came to the US in about 1957 which I am currently trying to locate any immigration records of that time period, or if she became a citizen through marriage. Not sure those immigration records are available for public use yet.
Was there an obit for someone by the initials M. L. Goudling, on May 14, 1910? I have no idea who that might be according to the notes I was furnished unless it is Maria Lydia, maybe William Henry George’s grandmother.

When a notice is submitted to a newspaper for a probate does it include more information than the deceased death date, place and date of the probate being filed? That is the information which is included here. I am sure that William Henry George Goulding probably had a will and it was probated. Do you know where or how I might obtain copies of the will, accounting and probate?

Now I need to look at those sites you gave me, put it all together and try to get ready for the holidays!

Hope you can understand the way I have written this. If not let me know and I will try another way.

Again thank you both for your help!
Sue
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
suemardres 9 Dec 2013 7:33PM GMT 
nicholls29 10 Dec 2013 4:07AM GMT 
nicholls29 10 Dec 2013 4:37AM GMT 
nicholls29 11 Dec 2013 3:18AM GMT 
suemardres 11 Dec 2013 9:30PM GMT 
nicholls29 11 Dec 2013 11:34PM GMT 
nicholls29 12 Dec 2013 1:28AM GMT 
nicholls29 12 Dec 2013 1:57AM GMT 
suemardres 12 Dec 2013 11:50PM GMT