Search the Boards

Search Results for "lomza" - 103 Messages

per page

Re: Kurlander Family of Lomza Posted on: 24 Apr 2013, by  moniakurland

Surnames > Kurlander

My husband's grandgrandfather, Morris (Moisze) Kurlander was born in Lomza in 1889. He got married to Bertha Katznelson (shortened to Katz upon arrival in the U.S.), whose uncle was William and Morris Katz...

Re: Kurlander Family of Lomza Posted on: 24 Apr 2013, by  BursteinD

Surnames > Kurlander

...that may give you a lead. Gershon Baum and Frances (Frejda) Kurlander had three children, all born in Lomza: Libby Pearl (Liebe Perle) ; Jacob (Yitzhok Yaakov)and; Ida (Hinda). Libby Pearl married Abraham...

CELMER family ...Cleveland Area Posted on: 01 May 2013, by  kelesney01

Surnames > Celmer

...two female siblings who married two male siblings. They all were from the village of krezwo - east of lomza and immigrated to the US around 1900. The first married couple was Felix 'Feliks' Celmer m. Stani...

Jablonka Swierczewo Lomza Poland Posted on: 05 May 2013, by  PCeceroM

Localities > Central Europe > Poland > Mazowieckie

...Aleksander Wyszynski, b. 1879, immigrated to the U.S. in the early 1900's. His papers say he was born in Lomza, Poland and his last residence there was in JABLONKA SWIERCZEWO LOMZA POLAND. Can someone please ...

Re: Jablonka Swierczewo Lomza Poland Posted on: 05 May 2013, by  ChrisSmolinsk...

Jablonka Swierczewo is a village in the parish of Jablonka Koscielna, in the Lomza region of Poland. (Place names in Poland are often more than one word) The good news is that I know this area well, as m...

Re: Jablonka Swierczewo Lomza Poland Posted on: 05 May 2013, by  PCeceroM

Thank you for replying so quickly and helping me with the village name. His parents U.S. marriage record shows his parent's names were Jan Wyszynski and Agnieszka Gulaszewska (not exactly sure of the...

Re: Jablonka Swierczewo Lomza Poland Posted on: 05 May 2013, by  ChrisSmolinsk...

The films are and 939868 939869. Agnieszka's surname is probably Golaszewska Uszynski is also a surname I have seen in that parish. Do you recall when Leokadya was born? I would also recommend sp...

Re: Jablonka Swierczewo Lomza Poland Posted on: 05 May 2013, by  PCeceroM

Thanks for the film #'s and the link. Unfortunately, Even though I make a great babka I don't speak or read Polish and I didn't see an English translation on the link. Did you notice one? I don't k...

Joseph Niedzwiecki of Schenectady, New York Posted on: 06 May 2013, by  bjwilmot

Surnames > Niedzwiecki

...information on Joseph Niedzwiecki b. about 1895. Family seems to have immigrated from the Ossowiec, Lomza, Poland area. (That being the last residence on immigration records). Any information would be gr...

Re: Zedrin, G. Lomza Russia/ Poland Posted on: 07 May 2013, by  ZlaticaBeca

Localities > Central Europe > Poland > Unknown

Nicole Hopefully you have looked on both pages of her NY EI arrival manifest and saw Zedrin G.[gubernia] Lomza. So now we know that this location is to be in Gubernia Lomza. http://igrek.amzp.pl/mapindex.php?c...

Re: Jablonka Swierczewo Lomza Poland Posted on: 07 May 2013, by  ChrisSmolinsk...

The site is only in Polish, but you just need to learn a limited Polish vocabulary to be able to make good use of it.

Petlak/Perlman, Bursztyn/Baunstein - Lomza Posted on: 08 May 2013, by  perl829

I am searching for information on my ancestors: Henry Perlman and Sarah (Baunstein) Perlman. Their Hebrew names were Chunan Menachem Petlak (Yiddish nickname: Chuna Mendel) and Sure Leja Bursztyn. T...

Re: Zedrin, G. Lomza Russia/ Poland Posted on: 08 May 2013, by  Borys_Czernie...

There is no Zedrin in Poland and it does not sound Polish. My first guesses would be either Żebry (Zebry) - https://maps.google.pl/maps?saddr=%C5%82om%C5%BCa&daddr=53.092787,21.977749&hl=en&...

Re: Zedrin, G. Lomza Russia/ Poland Posted on: 08 May 2013, by  Jovilady11

Thanks for your input. I will definitely look into those locations further. Nicole

Re: Looking for Janucek(?) and Kalisiewicz ancestors. Lomza and Warsaw areas. Posted on: 10 May 2013, by  dwein1950

My daughter's mother in law is Linda Kashawlic. Her father was Joseph Kashawlic, Stanley's brother. We are trying to contact you but must have an old email address as the message is bouncing back. P...

Re: stalec Posted on: 25 May 2013, by  marksabol21

Localities > Central Europe > Austria > General

The surname occurs today in southern Poland spelled as you have it. It is probably derived from the word for steady, permanent. This map shows its distribution today: http://www.moikrewni.pl/mapa/k...

Re: Choromanski (Polish nobility entitled to coat-of-arms Jastrzebiez) Posted on: 31 May 2013, by  robski917

Topics > Royalty and Nobility > Polish Nobility

My great grandfather was Jan Choromanski, who also came from Chormany near Lomza. Any one have an idea if this relates?

Re: Jablonka Swierczewo Lomza Poland Posted on: 03 Jun 2013, by  popsrichards

Hi I am researching the Kopczewski family from Lomza. I visited the site you listed and found records but no luck in finding the people I am searching for (Walter Kopczewski and his wife Stella Muzyk) or,...

Re: Town of origin for Kulas, Suckiel, Krupinski, Gorski families Posted on: 08 Jun 2013, by  wlmoskal86

...https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1942-25846-19976-89?cc=1968530&wc=M9SG-SWS:n915048386 Wladyslaw born in Dombrowka, near Lomza. Now, village Dabrowka belongs to the municipality of Leleis , N...

Re: Town of origin for Kulas, Suckiel, Krupinski, Gorski families Posted on: 08 Jun 2013, by  ZlaticaBeca

from NY Ellis Island: Kulas, Leonora Dombrowka, Russia 18 1889 1907 Kulass, Rosalia Dombrowk G. Lomza, Russia 18 1893 1911 Kulass, Wladislaw Dombrowka, Russia 18 1893 1911 Kulasz, Francisze...

Re: Town of origin for Kulas, Suckiel, Krupinski, Gorski families Posted on: 08 Jun 2013, by  wlmoskal86

...Birth; Russia, Poland !!!. For this time, Dabrowka [pronounced Dombrowka] was in Gubernia[=Governorate] Lomza, when this part of Poland was under Russian occupation. Maybe Walenty Kulas was soltys or woj...

Re: Merski - Family History & Genealogy . Posted on: 09 Jun 2013, by  ZlaticaBeca

Surnames > Merski

...February 05, 2001 •Kapice, Bialystockiego - Records? - Sean February 03, 2001 •Re: Where is Kapice, Lomza? - Violetta December 17, 1999 •Re: Where is Kapice, Lomza? - Michaelene December 02, 1999 •...

Kawkiewicz/Wstenga Posted on: 15 Jun 2013, by  lkaffko

Surnames > Chmiel

...Raszka Wstenga. They had a son Abram Kawkiewicz who married Chaye Sora Cyzer. They were living in the Lomza/Bialystok area. Would like to contact anyone with information to share on this family line

Re: Kolasinski Records From North Eastern Poland Posted on: 16 Jun 2013, by  Michele Kolas...

Surnames > Kolasinski

...my family search???? My grandfathers name is Stanislaw Kolasinski and was born Sept 8 1887 in Ostrow Lomza Poland. His parents names are Franciszek and Teofila. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you, Mi...

Re: Gurowski - Family History & Genealogy . Posted on: 27 Jun 2013, by  Kilnwood

Surnames > Gurowski

What type of information are you looking for pertaining to the Gurowski family from the Lomza Guberna region of Poland/Russia?

Adamenko relative history in Lomza, Poland Posted on: 02 Jul 2013, by  EtoileWilson

Localities > Central Europe > Poland > Podlaskie

Looking for information on my grandfather, Nikolai N. Adamenko and/or his family in Lomza around 1930. My grandfather was in the Czars army that fought for Warsaw in 1920 and later was head of an agricult...

Re: Adamenko relative history in Lomza, Poland Posted on: 02 Jul 2013, by  ZlaticaBeca

You might want to post on http://genforum.genealogy.com/poland/ www.rootsweb.com/~polwgw/index.html www.polishroots.com distribution of ADAMENKO surname holders in Poland: http://www.moikrewni.pl/m...

Re: Adamenko relative history in Lomza, Poland Posted on: 03 Jul 2013, by  EtoileWilson

Thank you for the direction! I will post to you're suggestions. Eta

Re: Adamenko relative history in Lomza, Poland Posted on: 03 Jul 2013, by  ZlaticaBeca

You're welcome. Not sure if these 2 sites are related to your research but take a look, who knows what can help. http://lostrussianfamily.wordpress.com/2013/01/02/faq-understanding-russian-regional-a...

Barczak from Rogienice, Lomza, Poland Posted on: 13 Jul 2013, by  ebarczak_1

Surnames > Barczak

...Barczak arrived in Baltimore in 1905. His naturalization records indicate that he came from Rogienice, Lomza, Poland. Boleslaw married Mary (or Marianna) Dziamalek in Chester, PA before 1925. They settled...

Re: Orloski Lomza Posted on: 19 Jul 2013, by  KOrluski

Localities > Central Europe > Poland > Swietokrzyskie

Yes, all the names are familiar. I have to tell you a funny story. When my mother married my father, Andrew Orluski, son of John Orluski and brother of Anna Mae, John, Betty, Jimmy Orluski, she chan...

Re: Orloski Lomza Posted on: 19 Jul 2013, by  KOrluski

Localities > Central Europe > Poland > Swietokrzyskie

Oh, and George Orluski who was married to Eleanor Orluski. They had a son, Gerald Orluski who still lives in Duryea, PA. Karen Orluski Edmonds my e-mail is kle624@yahoo.com if that helps.

Re: Golash family in Lomza Posted on: 21 Jul 2013, by  annie2x

Localities > Central Europe > Poland > Former Provinces [1975-1998] > Lomza

...were you able to get any kind of help? I'm looking for my grandfather who was born in or around Lomza Poland: Ignatz Witkowski.......or my great grandfather Jan Witkowski..... can you help me? ann m...

Re: Dombrowski-Borkowski Lomza Village Question Posted on: 21 Jul 2013, by  annie2x

can you tell me how you were able to even find any documents from Lomza? I'm looking for my grandfather's birth certificate: Ignatz Witkowski.....or my great grandfather: Jan Witkowski.... thanks ann...

Re: Swierczewski Lomza , Poland Posted on: 21 Jul 2013, by  annie2x

...grandfather: Ignatius Witkowski or my great grandfather Jan Witkowski......they were born in and around Lomza........ thanks ann marie

Re: Dombrowski-Borkowski Lomza Village Question Posted on: 21 Jul 2013, by  Elena1100

I have not found any documents from Lomza itself. I've gotten clues from Ellis Island passenger records and church records (one marriage record from my relative's church actually listed the village in Lomza whe...

Re: Golash family in Lomza Posted on: 22 Jul 2013, by  techbear13

Most of the records in the Lomza area of Poland were destroyed by the Nazis before our troops got there. Many villages no longer existed. The local Catholic Church has no records of Baptism before the en...

Re: Golash family in Lomza Posted on: 22 Jul 2013, by  ZlaticaBeca

...http://www.geneteka.genealodzy.pl/ http://baza.archiwa.gov.pl/sezam/pradziad.php?l=en&miejscowosc=lomza&gmina=&wojewodztwo_id=0&wyznanie_id=0&rodzajaktu_id=0&search=search what is...

Gurowski, Grofsky, Rappaport, Schriber, Schreiber Posted on: 23 Jul 2013, by  Kilnwood

Surnames > Gurowski

...information pertaining to the death (in New Jersey, I think) of Beile Gurowski (born in 1897 in the Lomza Guberna region of Russia/Poland) who became Rebecca Grofsky then Rebecca Rappaport then Rebecca Sch...

Re: Dombrowski-Borkowski Lomza Village Question Posted on: 24 Jul 2013, by  annie2x

thanks for the info.........I'm new at this and was getting frustrated..........it was nice of you to reply.........Our family is the Witkowski's...... ann Marie.......... I am going to go to a churc...

Re: Dombrowski-Borkowski Lomza Village Question Posted on: 24 Jul 2013, by  Elena1100

Poland can be a challenge because of all the changes. Exhaust all your options here first - churches, cemeteries (including cemetery office records, not just the head stone), etc. Reach out to others,...

Re: Swierczewski Lomza , Poland Posted on: 24 Jul 2013, by  ZlaticaBeca

Ann Marie How born in and around Lomza was your ancestor? Only a precise place of birth can produce results. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%81om%C5%BCa We really want our ancestor to be born in a sma...

Petlak/Perlman, Bursztyn/Baunstein - Lomza Posted on: 29 Jul 2013, by  JeffBlustein

I am looking for the same people through the Grabina/Ginsberg side Bursztyn family married into the Grabina line elsewhere. My mom is from Ostrow Mazowiecka. I don't see you posting your interest in y...

Re: Petlak/Perlman, Bursztyn/Baunstein - Lomza Posted on: 14 Aug 2013, by  rogatadusza

You are posting in the wrong place. it should be placed in PODLASKIE, not mazowieckie. Lomza belongs to podlaskie forum. Repost it please.

Re: Jablonka Swierczewo Lomza Poland Posted on: 14 Aug 2013, by  rogatadusza

Post this in podlaskie, please. Lomza belons to podlakie .

Perlman/Petlak, Bursztyn/Baunstein - Lomza Posted on: 14 Aug 2013, by  perl829

I am searching for information on my ancestors: Henry Perlman and Sarah (Baunstein) Perlman. Their Hebrew names were Chunan Menachem Petlak (Yiddish nickname: Chuna Mendel) and Sure Leja Bursztyn. Th...

Re: Petlak/Perlman, Bursztyn/Baunstein - Lomza Posted on: 14 Aug 2013, by  perl829

Thank you for your help.

Re: Dombrowski-Borkowski Lomza Village Question Posted on: 20 Aug 2013, by  Temporary_sup...

My family were Borkowski's from Lomza. Many came over in the early 1900's.

Re: ZALUSKI,MIERZEJEWSKI,DAMIECKI, ZAORSKI, KURPIEWSKI, JASTRZEBSKI, ZALOGA,MAKOWSKI,KADZIALKA,BORKOWSKI Posted on: 21 Aug 2013, by  tcouz4

After years of searching I just found out we are from Plock (I it believe includes Lomza/Ostroleka) the late 1800's early 1900's. I have been doing genealogy research on the maternal side of our family...

Re: Kurlander Family of Lomza Posted on: 26 Aug 2013, by  Glenn Kurland...

Surnames > Kurlander

Morris and Bertha were my grandparents; my father, Irwin, is one of their four children. William and Morris Katz were Bertha's brothers, not her uncles.

per page
  • Visit our other sites:

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.