Ancestry

Search the Boards

Search Results for "lomza" - 55 Messages

per page

HELP Posted on: 08 Jun 2016, by  Lisa64w

Localities > Central Europe > Poland > Former Provinces [1975-1998] > Lomza

I am looking for the parents of my great, great grandmother Sarah Pitronella, Hildegard Hawkinson. She was born in 1867 in Sweden. I know that she died in Colorado Springs, Colorado in 1934. She was m...

Re: Kuupetzky, Kupietzky, Kupietz from Poland Posted on: 30 Jul 2016, by  kupietz

Localities > Central Europe > Poland > Unknown

...family. My great-grandparents were Kupietzky (might have been spelled Kupiecki in Polish or Russian), from Lomza. I believe my great-grandmother's maiden name was Teff, Teft, or Tefft. Nowadays we're just ...

Searching for Irena Zelazna born 1914 Posted on: 08 Jun 2016, by  Lisa64w

I am searching for any family members of Irena (Zelazna) Ochman. She was born in Kupiski, Poland & died in Bialystok Poland in Aug 1966. I know that she was married to Jozef Ochman in 1938. She d...

Re: Gosiewski family in Lomza area? Posted on: 21 Jun 2016, by  Fred Gosiewsk...

Zlatica, I have made great progress over the past few days, mostly with the help of the website junosza.pl. This website has thousands of names. I was able to find my grandparents, plus generations o...

Re: GOSIEWSKI family in Podlaskie woj. Posted on: 09 Jun 2016, by  ZlaticaBeca

Łojki woj. podlaskie [ wojewodztwo] pow. grajewski [ powiat] gmina Grajewo 74 osoby [ inhabitants] kod: 19-200 [ zip code] >< Godlewo woj. podlaskie pow. grajewski gmina Grajewo 59 osób...

Re: SCHIFF - [ SZYFF/SZYF ] [ SZIFMAN - Lomza ] Posted on: 15 Jun 2016, by  ZlaticaBeca

Surnames > Schiff

Ah, so now you can proceed. The location of your ancestors is in gubernia Lomza. <> 5:38 p.m. Incorrectly transcribed SCHIFF and SCHIFMAN on NY EI. Sehiff, Basilia 50 1854-1855 1905 Sehi...

Lojki (Lomza region): Church Records for Jan Gosiewski, b. 1874 Posted on: 10 Jun 2016, by  Fred Gosiewsk...

I am searching for birth record for my grandfather, Jan Gosiewski, born in (or around) Lojki in either 1874 or 1875. How would I find the church in which his birth and baptism was recorded? He also m...

Re: Gosiewski family in Lomza area? Posted on: 09 Jun 2016, by  Fred Gosiewsk...

Just a quick reply to your many links. I will have to check this information (particularly the dates) with the notes that I have organized, relating to my grandfather. Anna is my grandmother, and Reg...

Re: Gosiewski family in Lomza area? Posted on: 09 Jun 2016, by  ZlaticaBeca

...village as most of the time only one. It would be a problem if he was baptized in a large town like Lomza. Nothing in Family History Center? Is he related to your Jan? Gosiewski, Aleksander Lojki 20 ...

Re: Gosiewski family in Lomza area? Posted on: 10 Jun 2016, by  Fred Gosiewsk...

Zlatica, I have sent an email to the above address, requesting information about Lojki. I will let you know if I make any progress. I know how frustrating this research can become. Every bit of info...

Re: Klama Posted on: 06 Feb 2016, by  j_klama

Surnames > Klama

Hi Greg, My family also came from modern day Lomza. The immigration records for my paternal great grandfather state he came from Kaleczyn. My great grandfather was victor Klama (spelled in Polish as Wikto...

Re: Lomza, Poland Posted on: 28 Aug 2016, by  ZlaticaBeca

Localities > Central Europe > Poland > Podlaskie

prober25 Is the place of birth or last residence Lomza on the arrival manifest? There are DOLINs arriving NY Ellis Island processing center. Sometimes our ancestors would use a district town [gubernia Lomza]...

Re: Gosiewski family in Lomza area? Posted on: 09 Jun 2016, by  Fred Gosiewsk...

...able to find any reference to him on the Geneteka website. I was hoping that someone, living in the Łomża region, would have more personal information about my grandfather. Ideally, I would like to hav...

Re: SUMOWSKI Alexander Posted on: 04 May 2016, by  ZlaticaBeca

Localities > Central Europe > Poland > Lodz

Thank you Jennifer You do know that city of Lomza is in Podlaskie wojewodztwo way off from Lodz which is in Lodzkie. Who was the informant on the Death Record? Ann HORISH is certainly not a name that is...

Re: Polish/German Posted on: 06 Feb 2016, by  j_klama

...came in the early 20th century indeed says Poland, Russia, but we know that they came from modern day Lomza. I'll have to look into the history more!

Re: can't read handwriting - marriage cert Posted on: 05 Aug 2016, by  sbny357

Topics > Research Resources > Brick Walls

... There are two places in eastern Poland with those names, about 40 miles apart on opposite sides of Lomza. Perhaps those are the places. Steve

Re: Szulborze Wielkie - Adamczyk/Sojka Posted on: 11 Feb 2016, by  M. G.

Localities > Central Europe > Poland > Mazowieckie

...ancestors' metrical records, I could help you. The entries for Zuzela parish are stored in Pułusk and Łomża archives, where I do the research very often. Please contact me: gierszon@yourrootsinpoland.com ...

Re: Grand Trunk Railroad Manifests - Schiff Posted on: 16 Jun 2016, by  Soosi Monahan

Localities > North America > Canada > General

...provide aren't very big. One other thing is she gives her place of origin as Lomsa, which is probably Lomza, the district that both Jablonka and Zambrów are in. I ...

Dora Rebecca Jacobs and Aaron Goldstein Posted on: 18 Jan 2016, by  Rebecca Golds...

Surnames > Marks

...(Silberstein), and my grandfather Aaron Goldstein. My grandmother was Dora Rebecca Jacobs (b. 1877 in Lomza Poland/Russia-d. 1949 Chelsea, Boston, USA). She came to New York @ 1882, at @ age 4 and went to ...

Re: SUMOWSKI Alexander Posted on: 04 May 2016, by  curran_jennif...

Localities > Central Europe > Poland > Lodz

...I'm not sure if he did come over; i've found records (ship manifests) with a Pawel Sumowski from Lomsa/Lomza but cannot confirm that is him (Alexander's father). Also his mother was (according to the deat...

Re: Grand Trunk Railroad Manifests - Schiff Posted on: 15 Jun 2016, by  highridgemini

...Russia, I also see ZEMBROVC, Poland - Russia. Could it be the following town ??? ... Zambrow Gubernia: Lomza  Province: Bialystok Location on a map ... http://www.mapofpoland.net/Zambrow,map.html TOWN I...

...archive. You might want to inquire there first. Archiwum Państwowe w Białymstoku Oddział w Łomży 18-400 Łomża, al. Legionów 36 tel: (86) 473-53-01 fax: 473-53-02 email: lomza@bialystok.ap.gov.pl ww...

Re: Kruszewski of Mianówek, Grędzice, Poland Posted on: 12 Feb 2016, by  Przemyslaw Li...

Localities > Central Europe > Poland > Mazowieckie

...of Warsaw. Roman Catholic parish for Mianówek was on Zuzela. Metrical records are collected in Łomża and Pułtusk archives. I conduct the genealogical research regularly. If you would like to find you...

Sobolewski from Lomza, Podlaskie circa 1900 (Russia) Posted on: 18 Apr 2016, by  Valsobo

Surnames > Sobolewski

Trying to find more information on my husband's family. Mother (Aleksandra Gromadzki) Sobolewska left Lomza with 3 children in 1913 (Wanda, Stanislaw, Waclaw) ... one daughter Jenny (Janina) had already ...

Re: Bonchek/Baczek/Bonczek from Lomza Poland Posted on: 08 Dec 2015, by  sjjrg1

My wife's family originated in Lomza Poland. For some reason there was a name change from Baczek to Biales somewhere in the past. Her grandfather was Yankel Biales who's father was Mordachai Baczek (1851...

Re: Bonchek/Baczek/Bonczek from Lomza Poland Posted on: 08 Dec 2015, by  tom_l_malczyk

Hello, My Polish roots are in Northeast Poland around the Lomza area/ Kolno, Turosl Parish - - My 3X Great-Grandmother's mother's name was Rozalia Bączek. She was born in 1834 and the daughter of Łukasz B...

Re: Josefa PIASZIK Posted on: 27 Jul 2016, by  ZlaticaBeca

Surnames > Piascik

...1914 Piaszik, Alexander Morgocouck 13 1889-1890 1903 I suspect that this location should be in Lomza gubernia but to decipher what its correct spelling is. Morgowniki woj. podlaskie [ wojewodztwo] po...

Re: Piasta family Posted on: 29 Aug 2016, by  RWajer120

Surnames > Kos

The line of Piasta's I am searching for came from Gibalka and some listed Lomza as where they had lived in Poland prior to moving to the US. They settled in MA and MI.

Re: Lomza, Poland Posted on: 28 Aug 2016, by  LynnRoseMorto...

My great grandmother was Frances MACIORA from Kolno. Her parents were Adam MACIORA and Rose DUDA.

Zlatica, I felt that I had to ask your name; not everybody uses their proper name in social media. I will have to search around to find a church in or near Lojki, and hope that they have records. I ...

Re: Kuupetzky, Kupietzky, Kupietz from Poland Posted on: 30 Jul 2016, by  ZlaticaBeca

...Poland's wojewodztwos: http://www.geneteka.genealodzy.pl/ <> NY EI arrivals: Kupiecki, Chaim Lomza, Russia 9 1903-1904 1913 Kupiecki, Feige Lomza, Russia 4 1908-1909 1913 Kupiecki, Liebe Lomza, Rus...

Re: Krajewski in Janczewo Posted on: 16 May 2016, by  Przemyslaw Li...

...your ancestors village: Janczewo is a village in the administrative district of Gmina Wizna, within Łomża County, Podlaskie Voivodeship, in north-eastern Poland. In XIX century Janczewo belonged to Roman...

...Lojki. Anna left a father K...{I cannot clearly say what is his first name ] OBRYCKI Godlezie [sp?] Lomza. Godlewo woj. podlaskie pow. grajewski gmina Grajewo 59 osób kod: 19-200 http://www.moikr...

Re: Wyszyn'ski name (Wyszyn'ska - female } Posted on: 16 Jun 2016, by  ZlaticaBeca

Surnames > Wyszynski

...1891-1892 1905 Wladyslaw is a male first name so his surname ending should be SKI. Wyszynska, Wladyslawa Lomza, Russia 18 1895-1896 1914 Wladyslawa is a female first name and so her surname ending ...

Re: Gosiewski family in Lomza area? Posted on: 08 Jun 2016, by  ZlaticaBeca

Fred Do you have your Jan GOSIEWSKI's arrival manifest? It should have his precise place of birth or last residence. In genealogy 3 things: LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION and then religion. Is this ...

Re: Searching for Irena ZELAZNA born 1914 Posted on: 08 Jun 2016, by  ZlaticaBeca

Lisa64w Do put a query on Poland's Unknown board as well. A wider exposure can only help. Maybe a relative of Irena who came to America thru NY Ellis Island. Zelazna, Bronislawa Kopiski, Russia 19 ...

Re: SCHIFF - Illinois Posted on: 14 Jun 2016, by  ZlaticaBeca

Surnames > Schiff

...manifest? On what US paper is this " Zemberof" written? Any mention of a gubernia like Warszawa, Lomza, Plock? Only suggesting. <> 7:34 p.m. Do you have any information on his wife? Did...

Re: HOJNOWSKI vs CHOJNOWSKI Posted on: 16 Apr 2016, by  ZlaticaBeca

...married in 1902 with Stefania so he cannot be your ancestor. The above Julian left a wife in Nowawies, Lomza [gubernia] Russia. going to Mass. Chojnowski, Stanislaw Nowawies, Russia 32 1879-1880 1912 ...

Re: Lojki (Lomza region): Church Records for Jan Gosiewski, b. 1874 Posted on: 13 Jun 2016, by  M. G.

Hi, today Łojki is a village in the administrative district of Gmina Grajewo, within Grajewo County, Podlaskie Voivodeship, in north-eastern Poland. It lies approximately 12 kilometres (7 mi) south o...

Re: HELP Posted on: 08 Jun 2016, by  ZlaticaBeca

Lisa64w Your query ended up on Lomza ancestry board. You might want to post it on Sweden's and Colorado's board.

Re: Searching for Irena Zelazna born 1914 Posted on: 08 Jun 2016, by  ZlaticaBeca

...http://www.polishroots.org/ <> Stare Kupiski woj. podlaskie [ wojewodztwo pow. łomżyński [ powiat] gmina Łomża 693 osoby [ inhabitants] kod: 18-400 [ zip code] >< Nowe Kupiski woj. podlaski...

...yes, there would be an address of the archive as well as e-mail address. showing you an example: Lomza [click on More to get the address] http://baza.archiwa.gov.pl/sezam/pradziad.php?l=en&miejscowo...

Re: Grand Trunk Railroad Manifests - Schiff Posted on: 16 Jun 2016, by  highridgemini

...England, UK Menachem Mendel Perelman *** Possibly Max Pearlman 1865–1942 BIRTH 5 MAY 1865 • Zambrow, lomza Gubernia, Poland DEATH 15 MAY 1942 • Brooklyn, New York City (All Boroughs), New York, USA Hi...

Greetings, and once again, thank you. What is your name, so that I may properly address you? At some point in time, I would like to write to the church in Lojki, and ask for copies/photographs of th...

Re: SCHIFF - [ SZYFF/SZYF ] Posted on: 15 Jun 2016, by  ZlaticaBeca

Surnames > Schiff

...board, was the arrival manifest to Canada among them? You have it confirmed that the location is in Lomza gubernia. City of Lomza as well as gubernia is in Podlaskie wojewodztwo. http://www.geneteka.genealod...

Re: Julius HOJNOWSKI Posted on: 15 Apr 2016, by  ZlaticaBeca

By any chance this is your Julius HOJNOWSKI in 1940 census? He has notation Na-naturalized. Name Julius Hojnowski Event Type Census Event Date 1940 Event Place Ward...

Re: SCHIFF - [ SZYFF/SZYF ] Posted on: 15 Jun 2016, by  ZlaticaBeca

Surnames > Schiff

...subscriber so will not be able to view what you urls you were given. Hopefully there is a gubernia Lomza or Pinsk or ? after the location. Knowing the "gubernia" will narrow down the location.

Krajewski in Janczewo Posted on: 14 May 2016, by  webcavalry

I am seeking information on my great grandparents Stanislaw Feliks Krajewski born about 1869 in Poland, and wife Elzbieta Ebner(?) Krajewska, born about 1871 in what is now Janczewo, Zambrow, Podlaski...

Re: Gosiewski family in Lomza area? Posted on: 21 Jun 2016, by  ZlaticaBeca

Fred Music to my ears you making a great progress in your research. Wonderful. Zlatica

Stanislaus Bielawski of Saint Louis, MO Posted on: 02 Apr 2016, by  Wolshock

Surnames > Bielawski

...Albert is the homeowner and Steve and family are renters. Stanley lists his place of birth as Kolno, Lomza, Poland on his WWI Draft registration. Albert's birthplace is also in Lomza according to Mike Balaski'...

per page