Ancestry

Search the Boards

Search Results for "lomza" - 80 Messages

per page

Re: Lomza Village - Wisowoda? Posted on: 06 Sep 2015, by  mjasion

Localities > Central Europe > Poland > Podlaskie

...Zawodno/Zawodne". But a village called Zawodno/Zawodne also does not occur in the former Governorate of Łomża [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%81om%C5%BCa_Governorate] . There are however at least ...

Re: Lomza gub.; Village - Wisowoda? Posted on: 05 Sep 2015, by  Valsobo

ZlaticaBeca, I actually DID acknowledge that link and yes, the information is pertinent but it is NOT the information that I'm seeking at this point. I have examined all of the links that you've sent...

Re: Lomza gub.; Village - Wisowoda? Posted on: 05 Sep 2015, by  ZlaticaBeca

Just inquiring if you went thru this post being that you did not acknowledge. http://boards.ancestry.com/localities.ceeurope.poland.podlaskie/1785.1.1.1.1.2.2/mb.ashx Zlatica

Re: Lomza Village - Wisowoda? Posted on: 05 Sep 2015, by  Valsobo

I think I MIGHT be looking at the answer with this location... Wizna, Lomza, Podlaskie. Is there any chance (I know very little Polish) that "wodna" may represent a Polish word for village or tow...

Re: Orloski Lomza Posted on: 11 Sep 2015, by  momof2inaz

Localities > Central Europe > Poland > Swietokrzyskie

I am looking for info on a Michael Orluski, likely born in Austria/Poland between 1896 and 1898. In 1926 - 27 he would have been in Trenton NJ, working as a Machinist. From all the research I have don...

Re: Lomza, Poland Posted on: 05 Sep 2015, by  Valsobo

Yes, Zlatica, we have discussed this on a different thread and No, neither the family nor the governments/officials involved in their emi/immigration have any better spelling than the interpretive scr...

Re: Lomza Village - Wisowoda? Posted on: 06 Sep 2015, by  Stanislaw Sro...

Wizna https://www.google.pl/maps/dir/%C5%81om%C5%BCa/Wizna/@53.1873706,22.0730355,11z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x471e3390b30041f9:0xd031ee40027c535a!2m2!1d22.0590321!2d53.1781197!1m5!1m1!1s0...

Re: Lomza, Poland Posted on: 05 Sep 2015, by  kleingail1209

My Mendelsohn/Mendelson and Malina ancestors came from Lomza. Unfortunately, that site mentioned earlier in this thread doesn't work. Does anyone know of other searchable resources (besides Jewishgen)?

Re: Lomza, Poland Posted on: 05 Sep 2015, by  Valsobo

Do you by any chance know the name of the village that was overrun by Cossacks in Lomza, Podlaskie RUSSIA (at that time - it is now, of course, Poland) Very important to me. My husband's family SOBOLEWSKI...

Re: Lomza, Poland Posted on: 05 Sep 2015, by  ZlaticaBeca

2 historical maps to expolore where the village would be with its old name except that on the arrival manifest the shipping clerk did not transcribed it correctly. http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/digkonyv...

Re: Lomza, Poland Posted on: 23 Sep 2015, by  ZlaticaBeca

You're welcome Valsobo Not an Ancestry subscriber so cannot e-mail you thru the "envelope" symbol. If you are not an Ancestry subscriber here is my e-mail zlatalzbetka2 at Hotmail.com You ...

Re: Jascze, Stawiski, Lomza Posted on: 15 Oct 2015, by  IceM37

I have been trying. All I can find so far on either is Franz on the passenger list and WWI draft card for Marcel. There was a Dudzinski family that lived nearby my family in 1940, and I had found a Du...

Re: Jascze, Stawiski, Lomza Posted on: 15 Oct 2015, by  ZlaticaBeca

IceM27 I see Franz WAGNER from Jurec going to brother Marcel WAGNER. Can you follow either Franz's or Marcel's US paper trail?

Re: Jascze, Stawiski, Lomza Posted on: 15 Oct 2015, by  IceM37

Found that he traveled with a friend, Franz (I assume, Franciszek) Wagner. They were intending to see his brother Marcel Wagner in Wyandotte, Michigan (32 Miller St.) when they arrived in 1906. "...

Re: Dabrowski Family Posted on: 04 Oct 2015, by  jamibujnowski

Surnames > Dabrowski

...are from the same place. My ggf Antoni Dombrowski born 1883 came from a place listed as Dzienczel, Lomza. I have never been able to find this place on a map, but maybe it is the same as your Dzieciel, as...

Re: Lomza gub.; Village - Wisowoda? Posted on: 23 Sep 2015, by  ZlaticaBeca

Valsobo Sorry for the delay in reply but I was away for 2 weeks in South Carolina and just yesterday got back. I'm not a paying Ancestry subscriber so cannot contact you thru the board. If you are, yo...

Re: Trying to find more about Pietrzak family Posted on: 29 Oct 2015, by  ZlaticaBeca

Surnames > Pietrzak

...location "Zagaty"? What you think the word is after "Zagaty"? Does it not look like Lomza? Can you attach her church marriage record? If you don't wish to on the board, send it to ...

Re: Franciszka PIETRZAK Posted on: 30 Oct 2015, by  ZlaticaBeca

Surnames > Pietrzak

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:2CS5-3B3 She left a father in Zawady-Koscielne P. Gykocin g. Lomza; going to Baltimore, MD. No location Gykocin in Poland but Tykocin in Podlaskie wojewodztwo Tyk...

Re: Bonchek/Baczek/Bonczek from Lomza Poland Posted on: 08 Dec 2015, by  sjjrg1

Localities > Central Europe > Poland > Former Provinces [1975-1998] > Lomza

My wife's family originated in Lomza Poland. For some reason there was a name change from Baczek to Biales somewhere in the past. Her grandfather was Yankel Biales who's father was Mordachai Baczek (1851...

Re: Bonchek/Baczek/Bonczek from Lomza Poland Posted on: 22 Oct 2015, by  stukawife

None of these names are familiar. Who were your grandparents?

Re: Gosiewski family in Lomza area? Posted on: 09 Jun 2016, by  ZlaticaBeca

...Lojki. Anna left a father K...{I cannot clearly say what is his first name ] OBRYCKI Godlezie [sp?] Lomza. Godlewo woj. podlaskie pow. grajewski gmina Grajewo 59 osób kod: 19-200 http://www.moikr...

Re: Wyszyn'ski name (Wyszyn'ska - female } Posted on: 16 Jun 2016, by  ZlaticaBeca

Surnames > Wyszynski

...1891-1892 1905 Wladyslaw is a male first name so his surname ending should be SKI. Wyszynska, Wladyslawa Lomza, Russia 18 1895-1896 1914 Wladyslawa is a female first name and so her surname ending ...

Re: SCHIFF - Illinois Posted on: 14 Jun 2016, by  ZlaticaBeca

Surnames > Schiff

...manifest? On what US paper is this " Zemberof" written? Any mention of a gubernia like Warszawa, Lomza, Plock? Only suggesting. <> 7:34 p.m. Do you have any information on his wife? Did...

Re: Trying to find my last name: Jal~oza Posted on: 04 Nov 2015, by  ZlaticaBeca

http://www.moikrewni.pl/mapa/kompletny/ja%25C5%2582oza.html What is on your ancestor's arrival manifest? Your ancestor Jewish? www.jewishgen.org

Re: Trying to find more about Pietrzak family Posted on: 29 Oct 2015, by  ZlaticaBeca

Surnames > Pietrzak

...in Zazady, Lom. <> You see the location as Zagaty which is in Mazowieckie wojewodztwo. Location Lomza was and is in Podlaskie wojewodztwos and was used to identify the "Za.ady". <><...

Re: can't read handwriting - marriage cert Posted on: 05 Aug 2016, by  sbny357

Topics > Research Resources > Brick Walls

... There are two places in eastern Poland with those names, about 40 miles apart on opposite sides of Lomza. Perhaps those are the places. Steve

Sobolewski from Lomza, Podlaskie circa 1900 (Russia) Posted on: 18 Apr 2016, by  Valsobo

Surnames > Sobolewski

Trying to find more information on my husband's family. Mother (Aleksandra Gromadzki) Sobolewska left Lomza with 3 children in 1913 (Wanda, Stanislaw, Waclaw) ... one daughter Jenny (Janina) had already ...

Re: Krajewski in Janczewo Posted on: 16 May 2016, by  Przemyslaw Li...

...your ancestors village: Janczewo is a village in the administrative district of Gmina Wizna, within Łomża County, Podlaskie Voivodeship, in north-eastern Poland. In XIX century Janczewo belonged to Roman...

Re: Lojki (Lomza region): Church Records for Jan Gosiewski, b. 1874 Posted on: 13 Jun 2016, by  M. G.

Localities > Central Europe > Poland > Unknown

Hi, today Łojki is a village in the administrative district of Gmina Grajewo, within Grajewo County, Podlaskie Voivodeship, in north-eastern Poland. It lies approximately 12 kilometres (7 mi) south o...

Re: Gosiewski family in Lomza area? Posted on: 08 Jun 2016, by  ZlaticaBeca

Fred Do you have your Jan GOSIEWSKI's arrival manifest? It should have his precise place of birth or last residence. In genealogy 3 things: LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION and then religion. Is this ...

Re: Gosiewski family in Lomza area? Posted on: 09 Jun 2016, by  ZlaticaBeca

...yes, there would be an address of the archive as well as e-mail address. showing you an example: Lomza [click on More to get the address] http://baza.archiwa.gov.pl/sezam/pradziad.php?l=en&miejscowo...

Re: Grand Trunk Railroad Manifests - Schiff Posted on: 16 Jun 2016, by  highridgemini

Localities > North America > Canada > General

...England, UK Menachem Mendel Perelman *** Possibly Max Pearlman 1865–1942 BIRTH 5 MAY 1865 • Zambrow, lomza Gubernia, Poland DEATH 15 MAY 1942 • Brooklyn, New York City (All Boroughs), New York, USA Hi...

Re: Searching for Irena ZELAZNA born 1914 Posted on: 08 Jun 2016, by  ZlaticaBeca

Lisa64w Do put a query on Poland's Unknown board as well. A wider exposure can only help. Maybe a relative of Irena who came to America thru NY Ellis Island. Zelazna, Bronislawa Kopiski, Russia 19 ...

Re: SCHIFF - [ SZYFF/SZYF ] Posted on: 15 Jun 2016, by  ZlaticaBeca

Surnames > Schiff

...board, was the arrival manifest to Canada among them? You have it confirmed that the location is in Lomza gubernia. City of Lomza as well as gubernia is in Podlaskie wojewodztwo. http://www.geneteka.genealod...

Re: HOJNOWSKI vs CHOJNOWSKI Posted on: 16 Apr 2016, by  ZlaticaBeca

...married in 1902 with Stefania so he cannot be your ancestor. The above Julian left a wife in Nowawies, Lomza [gubernia] Russia. going to Mass. Chojnowski, Stanislaw Nowawies, Russia 32 1879-1880 1912 ...

Re: Bonchek/Baczek/Bonczek from Lomza Poland Posted on: 24 Oct 2015, by  ZlaticaBeca

Bryan In Poland: Baczek ; Bączek ; Beczek; Bęczek; Boczek; Bonczek; Bończek. It is important to know where the ancestor was born as well as which spelling was used in "old country", not wha...

Re: HELP Posted on: 08 Jun 2016, by  ZlaticaBeca

Lisa64w Your query ended up on Lomza ancestry board. You might want to post it on Sweden's and Colorado's board.

Re: Gosiewski family in Lomza area? Posted on: 09 Jun 2016, by  Fred Gosiewsk...

Greetings, and once again, thank you. What is your name, so that I may properly address you? At some point in time, I would like to write to the church in Lojki, and ask for copies/photographs of th...

Re: Swierczewski, Stupecka, Koloczkowski Posted on: 02 Feb 2016, by  BGornicki1961

...(Ignacy) Swierczewski age 4 1/2 years. I found Ignacy's draft card that listed his place of birth as Lomza Russia. I wonder if we have the same Swierczewski family tie. Barbara exnapan@aol.com 732.996.2...

Re: Searching for Irena Zelazna born 1914 Posted on: 08 Jun 2016, by  ZlaticaBeca

...http://www.polishroots.org/ <> Stare Kupiski woj. podlaskie [ wojewodztwo pow. łomżyński [ powiat] gmina Łomża 693 osoby [ inhabitants] kod: 18-400 [ zip code] >< Nowe Kupiski woj. podlaski...

Re: Gosiewski family in Lomza area? Posted on: 21 Jun 2016, by  ZlaticaBeca

Fred Music to my ears you making a great progress in your research. Wonderful. Zlatica

Re: SCHIFF - [ SZYFF/SZYF ] Posted on: 15 Jun 2016, by  ZlaticaBeca

Surnames > Schiff

...subscriber so will not be able to view what you urls you were given. Hopefully there is a gubernia Lomza or Pinsk or ? after the location. Knowing the "gubernia" will narrow down the location.

Re: Sulewski from Toczylowo Posted on: 04 Feb 2016, by  M. G.

...north-eastern Poland. In 19th century, Toczyłowo belonged to Rydzewo parish. Białystok State Archive Łomża Branch has the following entries from Rydzewo parish: Births: 1888-1907 Marriages: 1879-1901 Dea...

Re: Swierczewski, Stupecka, Koloczkowski Posted on: 04 Feb 2016, by  M. G.

Hello, the metrical records for Roman Catholic parish in Łomża are stored in Białystok State Archive Łomża Branch and Łomża Diocesan Archive. If you would like to research your ancestor's entries, please contact me...

Re: Gosiewski family in Lomza area? Posted on: 21 Jun 2016, by  Fred Gosiewsk...

Zlatica, I have made great progress over the past few days, mostly with the help of the website junosza.pl. This website has thousands of names. I was able to find my grandparents, plus generations o...

Re: Josefa PIASZIK Posted on: 27 Jul 2016, by  ZlaticaBeca

Surnames > Piascik

...1914 Piaszik, Alexander Morgocouck 13 1889-1890 1903 I suspect that this location should be in Lomza gubernia but to decipher what its correct spelling is. Morgowniki woj. podlaskie [ wojewodztwo] po...

Re: Julius HOJNOWSKI Posted on: 15 Apr 2016, by  ZlaticaBeca

By any chance this is your Julius HOJNOWSKI in 1940 census? He has notation Na-naturalized. Name Julius Hojnowski Event Type Census Event Date 1940 Event Place Ward...

HELP Posted on: 08 Jun 2016, by  Lisa64w

I am looking for the parents of my great, great grandmother Sarah Pitronella, Hildegard Hawkinson. She was born in 1867 in Sweden. I know that she died in Colorado Springs, Colorado in 1934. She was m...

Searching for Irena Zelazna born 1914 Posted on: 08 Jun 2016, by  Lisa64w

I am searching for any family members of Irena (Zelazna) Ochman. She was born in Kupiski, Poland & died in Bialystok Poland in Aug 1966. I know that she was married to Jozef Ochman in 1938. She d...

Lojki (Lomza region): Church Records for Jan Gosiewski, b. 1874 Posted on: 10 Jun 2016, by  Fred Gosiewsk...

I am searching for birth record for my grandfather, Jan Gosiewski, born in (or around) Lojki in either 1874 or 1875. How would I find the church in which his birth and baptism was recorded? He also m...

per page