Ancestry

Search the Boards

Search Results for "lomza" - 44 Messages

per page

Re: Lapowski Dillon Lomza Posted on: 30 May 2015, by  tjmoorejr

Localities > Central Europe > Poland > Podlaskie

Hi Bob and Phylis, My great grandparents were Jacob and Henrietta, they had a shop , still standing at 26 E Concho St, San Angelo.Texas. My Grandad Leonard Burton Lapowski and most of his 5 brothers ...

Re: Need help with Mieczyslaw Budziszewski Posted on: 30 May 2015, by  jhzs

Localities > Central Europe > Poland > Unknown

Hi, This village belonged to a parish in Nur. Records for Nur since 1877 are available in Lomza state archives (and on-line), earlier records are in Pultusk archives. From death record of Mieczyslaw you c...

Re: ZELAZNY, JANISKI Posted on: 11 Jun 2015, by  eoriordan55

Localities > Central Europe > Poland > Former Provinces [1975-1998] > Lomza

Kornela is buried here: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=144399509 which has a link to husband Joseph.

TRZCINSKI, Josef and Anna Posted on: 20 Jun 2015, by  jntrzcin

Localities > Central Europe > Poland > Kujawsko-Pomorskie

...Amitole Sazcenski and lived in Conshohocken, PA until her death (date unknown). Alexander was born in Lomza, Poland, per Alexander's draft registration card). His parents were born approximately 1863-65, a...

Re: Catholic Records in Zambrow area destroyed?? Posted on: 21 Jun 2015, by  Agnes Tyszka

Localities > Central Europe > Poland > Mazowieckie

...Unfortunately that was the case with a lot of places in Poland. It may be worth contactin Diocese in Lomza to see if they have a copy. I am not sure what else i could recommend...

Re: Han Surname - Poland - 1890s Posted on: 06 Aug 2015, by  ZlaticaBeca

Localities > Central Europe > Poland > Unknown

...children church baptismal record? Stanislaw has that he was born in Ostrow Ziemia, Poland / Ostrow Ziemia Lomza, Poland. Wonder if Ziemia just mean land in English. Lomza was a city as well as a name of a gub...

Re: NIEDZWECKA; Bognoza, Russia [Roguszin, Lomza] Posted on: 06 Aug 2015, by  ZlaticaBeca

Topics > Immigration and Emigration > United States > Russian Immigrants

...it? Have you requested her Intent & Petition? Felixa left a mother Anna N..DZEWCKA in Roguszin, Lomza. In Poland Boguszyn and Roguszyn. City of Lomza is in Podlaskie wojewodztwo City of Grajewo is in...

Re: Jazwinski/Jazwinska from Nur and Lomza (Bialystok/Podlasie) Posted on: 07 Aug 2015, by  monikatk

Dear Celina, My great great grandmother was Jazwinska Benigna, she married Luniewski Bronislaw (Luniewo Male). If you are interested in this information please contact me on tkaczyk.monika(at)gmail.c...

Re: Jazwinski/Jazwinska from Nur and Lomza (Bialystok/Podlasie) Posted on: 07 Aug 2015, by  ZlaticaBeca

Monika http://www.moikrewni.pl/mapa/kompletny/jazwinski.html http://www.moikrewni.pl/mapa/kompletny/ja%25C5%25BCwi%25C5%2584ski.html http://www.moikrewni.pl/mapa/kompletny/ja%25C5%25BAwi%25C5%2584ski....

Re: Jazwinski/Jazwinska from Nur and Lomza (Bialystok/Podlasie) Posted on: 10 Aug 2015, by  monikatk

Hello, Benigna is polish name: https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benigna. It's my great great grandmother. I checked it and I'm sure. I have documents. I wanted only to find connection with other people ...

Re: Jazwinski/Jazwinska from Nur and Lomza (Bialystok/Podlasie) Posted on: 10 Aug 2015, by  ZlaticaBeca

You're welcome Monika No disrespect. It must not be used as much anymore that it did not show up in the 2 first name sites I provided. You might want to post on Poland's Unknown board, even if you kn...

Re: BORAWSKI and GORSKA, Olsevo, Lomza Posted on: 11 Aug 2015, by  kamila felici...

My maiden name is Borawska from Lomza. Tadeusz Borawski is my grandfather son of Kamila and Stanislaw Borawski who was the son of Frank and Stella Borawski.

Lomza Village - Wisowoda? Posted on: 23 Aug 2015, by  Valsobo

...rather "Woźnawieś" be considered by this pronunciation OR ever have been considered in the Lomza territory? My husband's family fled what was then Russia (Now Poland) in 1912-1913 by two ships t...

Re: Lomza Village - Wisowoda? Posted on: 23 Aug 2015, by  ZlaticaBeca

The manifests were written at the port of departure from a document presented to the shipping clerk by our ancestors. Yes, there were transcribing errors made by a shipping clerk but much more at the...

Re: Lomza gub.; Village - Wisowoda? Posted on: 23 Aug 2015, by  ZlaticaBeca

http://www.szczuczyn.com/maplomzagub.htm http://www.ipgs.us/mapinfo/atlas1907/indexes/mapindex41.html http://www.ipgs.us/mapinfo/atlas1907/maps/map41.jpg I really need to see the first page of Wand...

Re: Lomza gub.; Village - Wisowoda? Posted on: 24 Aug 2015, by  Valsobo

...based on other handwriting on the register is that Wanda and Stanley were recorded as "Issawadna, Lomza" with an "I" When Alexandra followed the "W" fronted it. It is believ...

Re: Lomza gub.; Village - Wisowoda? Posted on: 24 Aug 2015, by  ZlaticaBeca

...someone from same village, family or vicinity. Wonder if the person above or below, since they have Lomza after the location could help us narrow down your ancestors location. Were any of the children na...

Thank you again for your link references. They're very helpful, too. The only naturalization reference I have is for Stanley - who received his naturalization as a result of registering for the USA W...

You're welcome. Are you sure that is how Stanley received his naturalization? When did Stanley die? No SS# to request SS-5Form? How about his church marriage record? There is no location Issawodn...

Could "Woznawies" or, rather "Woźnawieś" be considered by this pronunciation OR ever have been considered in the Lomza territory?

How you know that CHRZANOWSKA [SKA is female ending] was Alexandra's maiden name? Frank must have been coming to America to a place where people from his location were already establish. Common lang...

A far stretch but entirely possible that the clerk wrote it back words Wodna/Woda for Wozna and had problem with Wies so only Wis. Possible. Woźnawieś 514 osoby woj. podlaskie pow. grajewski gmina ...

Re: Lomza, Poland Posted on: 05 Sep 2015, by  Valsobo

Do you by any chance know the name of the village that was overrun by Cossacks in Lomza, Podlaskie RUSSIA (at that time - it is now, of course, Poland) Very important to me. My husband's family SOBOLEWSKI...

Re: Lomza gub.; Village - Wisowoda? Posted on: 05 Sep 2015, by  ZlaticaBeca

Just inquiring if you went thru this post being that you did not acknowledge. http://boards.ancestry.com/localities.ceeurope.poland.podlaskie/1785.1.1.1.1.2.2/mb.ashx Zlatica

Re: Lomza, Poland Posted on: 05 Sep 2015, by  ZlaticaBeca

2 historical maps to expolore where the village would be with its old name except that on the arrival manifest the shipping clerk did not transcribed it correctly. http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/digkonyv...

Re: Lomza, Poland Posted on: 05 Sep 2015, by  kleingail1209

My Mendelsohn/Mendelson and Malina ancestors came from Lomza. Unfortunately, that site mentioned earlier in this thread doesn't work. Does anyone know of other searchable resources (besides Jewishgen)?

Re: Lomza gub.; Village - Wisowoda? Posted on: 05 Sep 2015, by  Valsobo

ZlaticaBeca, I actually DID acknowledge that link and yes, the information is pertinent but it is NOT the information that I'm seeking at this point. I have examined all of the links that you've sent...

Re: Lomza, Poland Posted on: 05 Sep 2015, by  Valsobo

Yes, Zlatica, we have discussed this on a different thread and No, neither the family nor the governments/officials involved in their emi/immigration have any better spelling than the interpretive scr...

Re: Lomza Village - Wisowoda? Posted on: 05 Sep 2015, by  Valsobo

I think I MIGHT be looking at the answer with this location... Wizna, Lomza, Podlaskie. Is there any chance (I know very little Polish) that "wodna" may represent a Polish word for village or tow...

Re: Lomza Village - Wisowoda? Posted on: 06 Sep 2015, by  mjasion

...Zawodno/Zawodne". But a village called Zawodno/Zawodne also does not occur in the former Governorate of Łomża [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%81om%C5%BCa_Governorate] . There are however at least ...

Re: Lomza Village - Wisowoda? Posted on: 06 Sep 2015, by  Stanislaw Sro...

Wizna https://www.google.pl/maps/dir/%C5%81om%C5%BCa/Wizna/@53.1873706,22.0730355,11z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x471e3390b30041f9:0xd031ee40027c535a!2m2!1d22.0590321!2d53.1781197!1m5!1m1!1s0...

Re: Orloski Lomza Posted on: 11 Sep 2015, by  momof2inaz

Localities > Central Europe > Poland > Swietokrzyskie

I am looking for info on a Michael Orluski, likely born in Austria/Poland between 1896 and 1898. In 1926 - 27 he would have been in Trenton NJ, working as a Machinist. From all the research I have don...

Re: Lomza gub.; Village - Wisowoda? Posted on: 23 Sep 2015, by  ZlaticaBeca

Valsobo Sorry for the delay in reply but I was away for 2 weeks in South Carolina and just yesterday got back. I'm not a paying Ancestry subscriber so cannot contact you thru the board. If you are, yo...

Re: Lomza, Poland Posted on: 23 Sep 2015, by  ZlaticaBeca

You're welcome Valsobo Not an Ancestry subscriber so cannot e-mail you thru the "envelope" symbol. If you are not an Ancestry subscriber here is my e-mail zlatalzbetka2 at Hotmail.com You ...

Re: Dabrowski Family Posted on: 04 Oct 2015, by  jamibujnowski

Surnames > Dabrowski

...are from the same place. My ggf Antoni Dombrowski born 1883 came from a place listed as Dzienczel, Lomza. I have never been able to find this place on a map, but maybe it is the same as your Dzieciel, as...

Re: Jascze, Stawiski, Lomza Posted on: 15 Oct 2015, by  IceM37

Found that he traveled with a friend, Franz (I assume, Franciszek) Wagner. They were intending to see his brother Marcel Wagner in Wyandotte, Michigan (32 Miller St.) when they arrived in 1906. "...

Re: Jascze, Stawiski, Lomza Posted on: 15 Oct 2015, by  ZlaticaBeca

IceM27 I see Franz WAGNER from Jurec going to brother Marcel WAGNER. Can you follow either Franz's or Marcel's US paper trail?

Re: Jascze, Stawiski, Lomza Posted on: 15 Oct 2015, by  IceM37

I have been trying. All I can find so far on either is Franz on the passenger list and WWI draft card for Marcel. There was a Dudzinski family that lived nearby my family in 1940, and I had found a Du...

Re: Bonchek/Baczek/Bonczek from Lomza Poland Posted on: 22 Oct 2015, by  Bryan Carrier

Hi! Sister Irenia was my aunt. I worked with her at Marymount Hospital. Janet was my mother. My childhood was Fantastic! Ain't Dot was the best! If you want, or, need any info feel free to contact me....

Re: Bonchek/Baczek/Bonczek from Lomza Poland Posted on: 22 Oct 2015, by  stukawife

None of these names are familiar. Who were your grandparents?

Re: Bonchek/Baczek/Bonczek from Lomza Poland Posted on: 24 Oct 2015, by  ZlaticaBeca

Bryan In Poland: Baczek ; Bączek ; Beczek; Bęczek; Boczek; Bonczek; Bończek. It is important to know where the ancestor was born as well as which spelling was used in "old country", not wha...

Re: Trying to find more about Pietrzak family Posted on: 29 Oct 2015, by  ZlaticaBeca

Surnames > Pietrzak

...in Zazady, Lom. <> You see the location as Zagaty which is in Mazowieckie wojewodztwo. Location Lomza was and is in Podlaskie wojewodztwos and was used to identify the "Za.ady". <><...

Re: Trying to find more about Pietrzak family Posted on: 29 Oct 2015, by  ZlaticaBeca

Surnames > Pietrzak

...location "Zagaty"? What you think the word is after "Zagaty"? Does it not look like Lomza? Can you attach her church marriage record? If you don't wish to on the board, send it to ...

Re: Zawady [Bialystok] Podlaskie woj. Posted on: 29 Oct 2015, by  ZlaticaBeca

Surnames > Pietrzak

...<><><><><><> Zawady 142 osoby woj. podlaskie pow. łomżyński gmina Łomża >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>&...

per page