Search the Boards

Search Results for "lomza" - 56 Messages

per page

Re: Pianka Family Posted on: 03 May 2014, by  tjaskolka

Localities > Central Europe > Poland > Former Provinces [1975-1998] > Lomza

Great story. Know anything more? Want to compare notes?

kisi3000 - Malz Family that came over before WW1 Posted on: 03 May 2014, by  cindy_causey1

Surnames > Malz

...daughters (listed as males) Cornela(Josephine), Antonia(Elizabeth), and Boleslawa(Bertha) came from Lomza Poland on May 15, 1907. I am looking for their sister American name Eva Malz that came to the US ...

Re: Grodzki from Lomza Poland Posted on: 06 May 2014, by  James Lill

Surnames > Grodsky

I found that the surname was Grodski and it changed to Grocki when he came through Ellis Island. His father was Tomas 1858-1918

Stanislaw Feliks (abt 1869-?) and Elzbieta Ebner? (abt 1871-?) Krajewski Posted on: 09 May 2014, by  webcavalry

Surnames > Krajewski

...Poland, and wife Elzbieta Ebner(?) Krajewska, born about 1871 in Janczewo, Poland (the Janczewo now in Lomza). Stanley/Felix came to the US between 1906 and 1909 and settled in Wilmington, DE. I believe a ...

Re: re: family name szybillo Posted on: 29 May 2014, by  Maria Czeppe

Surnames > Szydlowski

Do you have any informations about teodor Szybiłło, born 1873 near Łomża, member of Polish Parlament 1919-1921? We look for his parents, brothers and sister names, and a date of his death for his biograph...

Re: Interpretation of Town or Village Name From Handwriting SKORUPA Posted on: 31 May 2014, by  JavaJunkie10

Localities > Central Europe > Poland > Unknown

...this location seems too far west but I want to leave open the possibility. So far I have Augustow, Lomza and Kroszowka. All in the general of Sosnow. I have not yet found her first husband on the passen...

Re: Zalewski-Salewski from East Prussia ! Posted on: 02 Jun 2014, by  Outtahere53

Localities > Central Europe > Historical Regions > Prussia

...York, Brooklyn to be exact. The only info that I have are from his manifest that stated he was from Lomza, Russia and my mom was always told that they came from Poland. It was "owned" by Russia, ...

Re: Nartowicz of Holyoke, Massachusetts Posted on: 11 Jun 2014, by  tigyblue

Surnames > Abramowicz

(1) Adolf Nartowicz [Karolina Wojcik] Federal Census (1) 1900-Holyoke-Nartowicz (2) 1910-Holyoke-Nortowig (3) 1920-Holyoke-Nartowroz (4) 1930-Holyoke-Nartowicz (5) 1940-Holyoke-Norutowicz No...

Re: Grzymala Posted on: 12 Jun 2014, by  Tori1967

Surnames > Grzymala

...family relation to you? Also, an ex-boyfriend of mine had a grandmother named Rozalia Grzymala from "Lomza". This too could be a relation? She married a Mizereck and lived in Massachusetts. Well,...

Mendelsohn/Mendelson Posted on: 21 Jun 2014, by  kleingail1209

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Kings

...Mendelsohn (who died in 1918 at the age of 103!). The Mendelsohns emigrated from Vilna, Poland/Russia (Lomza region). Jennie's son, Joseph, married Gisal, then Erda. His son Harry married Mary Malina. Any ...

Re: Joseph and Genevieve Kurpiewski Posted on: 21 Jun 2014, by  Myka47

Localities > North America > United States > States > Ohio > Counties > Lucas

PS this may help explain a connection between Plock, Lomza, and Kolno http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gmina_Mały_Płock Maly means "small" or "little" Do you think this may be Ignatius?...

Re: KURPIEWSKI Posted on: 23 Jun 2014, by  tcouz

Localities > Central Europe > Poland > Former Provinces [1975-1998] > Ostroleka

Natalie, My Great Grandfather was from Lomza and I was told there were relatives in Bayonne, NJ, a sister or half-sister. I also discovered there was a sister in Poland alive in 1959 Wanda Tyzko. To my kno...

Re: ZALUSKI,MIERZEJEWSKI,DAMIECKI, ZAORSKI, KURPIEWSKI, JASTRZEBSKI, ZALOGA,MAKOWSKI,KADZIALKA,BORKOWSKI Posted on: 23 Jun 2014, by  tcouz

Localities > Central Europe > Poland > Former Provinces [1975-1998] > Lomza

I am related to Kurpiewski from New York, Joseph/Josef Kurpiewski and a half-brother last name Jablonski or similar opened a flower shop in Long Island in the early 1900's. Sometime after 1908 Joseph ...

Re: Joseph and Genevieve Kurpiewski Posted on: 23 Jun 2014, by  tcouz

There were other siblings Kasimir/Kasimer Kurpiewski est. birth 1873, he was married to ????, they had a daughter according 1915 Census has her as Gobbie Kurpiewski (I think her name was Sofie/Sadie o...

Re: Joseph and Genevieve Kurpiewski Posted on: 23 Jun 2014, by  Myka47

Draft registration for Ignatius says "Maly Plock". This is a town near Lomza and not the city of Plock in the current Mazowieckie province. The old province for Maly Plock was Lomza but the current ...

Re: Joseph and Genevieve Kurpiewski Posted on: 01 Jul 2014, by  tcouz

...that. I have a few questions after reviewing the maps you sent. Does it mean Maly Plock is a Village of Lomza? Also may have found WW1 Registration Card today for my Great Grandfather Josef/Joseph Kurpie...

DĄBROWSKI Aleksander & OSTROWSKA Salomeja Posted on: 08 Jul 2014, by  Elena1100

Surnames > Dombrowski

...Antonina BROKOWSKA and lived in Providence, RI from 1912 to around 1927, when he supposedly went back to Lomza. He listed Lomza as his place of birth. Thank you!

Re: Looking for information about a ZIELKE connected with the name Felix Posted on: 11 Jul 2014, by  1_carra

Surnames > Zielke

Hi Catherine - Your Great Grandfather (Johann Erdman Zielke born in Pultusk, Lomza, Poland on 11/2/1863) is my Great Grandmother's Father! I have a copy of Johan Erdman Zishewsky "Declaration of Inten...

Re: CHOINSKI [HOINSKI] Posted on: 01 Sep 2014, by  ocgotme

Localities > Central Europe > Poland > Podkarpackie

I'm sorry, I don't know how I missed these messages. The message before this one with the listings of Stanislaw, Amelia, Leopold, and Josef that were held for inquiry in 1911 at Ellis Island in NY,...

Re: Nartowicz of Holyoke, Massachusetts-Ship Manifests Posted on: 02 Sep 2014, by  tigyblue

Surnames > Abramowicz

(1) (a) Theofil Nartowicz left Hamburg on the Pretoria, and, arrived at NY on 5/21/1898. Age 29. Single. From Bronischowo. Going to brother, Adolf Nartowicz, at Holyoke, Mass. [b. ~ 1869]. Line...

Nartowicz of Hatfield, Massachusetts-Ship Manifests Posted on: 03 Sep 2014, by  tigyblue

Surnames > Abramowicz

...11/16/1907, on the Statendam, and, arrived at NY on 11/26/1907. Age 16. Single. From Stelmagowa [Lomza,Russian-Poland]. Going to brother, St[anislaus] Nartowicz at Hatfield, Mass. Line 5. ] (2)(a) ...

Re: Golaszewski Posted on: 06 Sep 2014, by  AlWyszynski

Surnames > Golaszewski

...Jozef-1849, Stanislaw-1851, Marianna-1853. Agnieszka married Jozef Uszynski in 1859 in Misztale Tybory, Lomza. After death of Jozef in 1876, Agnieszka married my great grandfather Jan Wyszynski in same tow...

Frank Dabrowski, b. ca. 1895--Karwowo, Lomza, Poland Posted on: 08 Sep 2014, by  hiztorybuff

Surnames > Dabrowski

I'm looking for information about my great grandfather's family. Frank Dabrowski was born about 1895 in Karwowo, near Radzilow, Poland. His parents were Adam Dabrowski & Francis Rogowski. Frank em...

Re: ALPERT, ROSENBERG families, Lomza Poland>Brooklyn NY, 1900 Posted on: 13 Sep 2014, by  Rachel Park

Surnames > Alpert

My great grandmother Reische (Rachel) Alpert married Leib (Loius) Lurie. Rachel's father (on her headstone) is Eliahu. Wonder if her sister is Ida. When was Ida born? Rachel born 1886 possibly in Glub...

Re: Krasinski Surname Posted on: 14 Sep 2014, by  jzajaczkowska

Surnames > Krasinski

Belda and Lomza are 2 separate towns in northeastern Poland,

Re: Abkeiwicz/Abkowitz Posted on: 23 Sep 2014, by  Celia Arnold

Topics > Ethnic / Race > Jewish > Jewish-American Research

...post. My husband's paternal grandfather was named Oszer Abkiewicz and the family was listed in the 1897 Lomza District Census. His father's name was Pinchus. I know your original post was a long time ago, ...

Re: Suwalki Poland Posted on: 24 Sep 2014, by  Stanislaw Sro...

There are 266 persons with family name Wysocki in Suwałki, and 38 with family name Łada. Origin place of Łada family is Łomża region.

Re: Suwalki Poland Posted on: 24 Sep 2014, by  ZlaticaBeca

Lomza is in Podlaskie wojewodztwo; Suwalki also in Podlaskie wojewodztwo http://www.geneteka.genealodzy.pl/ >< http://www.jewishgen.org/communities/loctown.asp Łomża, Lomzha populated place 53°11'...

Borys family from Czerwone, Kolno, Lomza Poland Posted on: 24 Sep 2014, by  Gregory Carri...

Surnames > Borys

I am looking for any information about my wife's GG grandfather Franciszek Borys, probably from Czerwone Poland. He married Katherine Luberska, and their children included Stanislaw Borys(1895-1937) w...

Re: Zalewski Family Posted on: 28 Sep 2014, by  Outtahere53

Surnames > Zalewski

...head home around October 15. Anyway it is her husband Stanislaw who was born a Zalewski. He was born in Lomza, Russia/ Poland (he is Polish) in the 1870's as well as his wife Jadwiga Witanowska (sp?) The o...

Re: Translation of Russian (Polish) Birth Certificate from 1886 Posted on: 05 Oct 2014, by  ZlaticaBeca

Surnames > Steward

...your query is on STEWARD surname board? You might want it on Poland and/or Russia's board. <> Łomża, Poland 63004 osoby inhabitants woj. podlaskie wojewodztwo pow. Łomża powiat gmina Łomża <> 3 locati...

Re: FEDEROVICZ, Stanislawa Posted on: 06 Oct 2014, by  ZlaticaBeca

Jan Is this Boleslaw's sister Stanislawa arriving NY Ellis Island arrival? Federovicz, Stanislawa Lomza, Russia 20 1887 1907 others arriving from Lomza: Fedorowicz, Alexander Lomza, Russia 6 1907 1913 Fed...

Re: Fedorowicz/Federovich and Zhebrovskaya/Zebroska Surnames and Translation of 1886 Birth Certificate Posted on: 06 Oct 2014, by  Stanislaw Sro...

...https://www.google.pl/maps/dir/Kuczyn/Gr%C3%B3dek/Klukowo/@52.7460207,22.4573872,12z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m20!4m19!1m5!1m1!1s0x471f9bf0235f428b:0x30cdc7c1fd0f8ac3!2m2!1d22.5334161!2d52.7155289!1m5!1m1!1s0x4...

Re: Fedorowicz/Federovich and Zhebrovskaya/Zebroska Surnames and Translation of 1886 Birth Certificate Posted on: 07 Oct 2014, by  ZlaticaBeca

...welcome Jan. By now you know that the spelling of the his birthplace on the draft registration card is Lomza. The naturalization certificate never contains a place of birth. Is that the papers that you hav...

Re: Fedorowicz and Żebrowska Surnames and Translation of 1886 Birth Certificate Posted on: 07 Oct 2014, by  zaakoon

...someone lives near Kuczyn parish... And your ancestor Bolesław for sure was born in Kuczyn parish (not Łomża) - certificate no. 81, 1886 as note in the left upper corner says.

Re: Dabrowski Posted on: 13 Oct 2014, by  mlsp427

Surnames > Dabrowski

Hi Doreen, I don't know if Lomza is near the Suwalki, Bialystok, Sejny area, but it seems that the Dabrowski line didn't move around too much so maybe I hit a good lead when I read your post. I've been res...

Re: ZAWALICH Posted on: 19 Oct 2014, by  ZlaticaBeca

Thank you Marylynn16152 Is this not the one and the same that I found and posted previously ! Zawalek, Johann Koczykowo 25 1867 1892 It is ZAWALICH Johann on the record you provided. I do not see U...

Re: ZAWALICHs najwiecej Kolno Posted on: 19 Oct 2014, by  ZlaticaBeca

...Kolno, Russia 4 1908 1912 Zawalich, Veronika Kolno, Russia 2 1910 1912 Zawalich, Alexandre Lomza, Russia 30 1882 1912 Are these ZAWALICHs related to your ancestor that you know of? <>...

Re: Lomza; Kolno Posted on: 20 Oct 2014, by  ZlaticaBeca

...http://igrek.amzp.pl/mapindex.php?cat=WIG300 http://www.mapywig.org/m/WIG_maps/series/300K/45_LOMZA_1932.jpg LOMZA in bottom right corner; North-West from Lomza is KOLNO., http://ipgs.us/mapinfo/atlas1907/inde...

Help Contacting Tykocin Archives Posted on: 01 Nov 2014, by  jagspcmagic1

Localities > Central Europe > Poland > Podlaskie

...information from them: Name: Mendel Rosenthal (Rozental) Date of Birth: December 20, 1891 Location: Tykocin, Lomza, Poland Siblings Name: Sol (Solomon) Rosenthal (Born 6 September 1903) Father's name: Las...

Research Posted on: 09 Nov 2014, by  frank jasinsk...

Surnames > Jasinski

...interesting information about my late grandfather. His name was Franciszek who was born in Ksiezepole, Lomza, Poland (Russia) on October 6, 1888 to Khalkis Jasinski and Teofite Sieczierski. He had five s...

Re: Jared Jasinski Posted on: 09 Nov 2014, by  frank jasinsk...

Surnames > Jasinski

...interesting information about my late grandfather. His name was Franciszek who was born in Ksiezepole, Lomza, Poland (Russia) on October 6, 1888 to Khalkis Jasinski and Teofite Sieczierski. He had five s...

Re: Jared Jasinski Posted on: 09 Nov 2014, by  frank jasinsk...

Surnames > Jasinski

Re: Dabrowski Posted on: 15 Nov 2014, by  raseifert

Surnames > Dabrowski

...also have been at a brick wall on finding the Dabrowski line. Maryanna Dabrowski (b.1835) was from the Lomza area married Vicenty Witkowski (1833 to 1904) they had 4 children Vicenty 1860 to 1904 Carl , M...

Re: Stanley MALUCHNIK Posted on: 19 Nov 2014, by  ZlaticaBeca

...<>addition Maluchuik, Maryanna Saraw, Russia 17 1894 1911 left father Stanislaw MALUCHNIK, Saraw, Lomza. did not look on these NY EI arrivals but I think the surname is MALUCHNIK. Moluchnick, St...

Re: Jared Jasinski Posted on: 23 Nov 2014, by  frank jasinsk...

Surnames > Jasinski

...interesting information about my late grandfather. His name was Franciszek who was born in Ksiezepole, Lomza, Poland (Russia) on October 6, 1888 to Khalkis Jasinski and Teofite Sieczierski. He had five sis...

Balbina Czarnecki, Julia Czarneck, Mary Czarnecki Posted on: 15 Dec 2014, by  j_klama

Surnames > Czarnecki

...who came over from Poland in the early 1900's. They may have come from the area that is present day Lomza. Balbina Czarnecki brought her daughter Julia who was very young. Balbina arranged a marriage for...

KLAMA Posted on: 15 Dec 2014, by  j_klama

Surnames > Klama

...Antonina (Antoinette) Ochtera. He had a brother who came over named Adam Klama. I know the family is from Lomza but my grandfather was the youngest of 11, and therefore knows VERY little about his parents....

Re: KLAMA, Wiktor Posted on: 15 Dec 2014, by  ZlaticaBeca

Surnames > Klama

Boleslaw left father Jan KLAMA in Kaweczyn, Lomza. the Lomza, Lomza gubernia is in Podlaskie wojewodztwo.

Re: Bernard and Raymond Jasinski, sons of Franciszek and Felicja Jasinski Posted on: 23 Dec 2014, by  frank jasinsk...

Surnames > Jasinski

...interesting information about my late grandfather. His name was Franciszek who was born in Ksiezepole, Lomza, Poland on October 6, 1888 to Khalkis Jasinski and Teofite Sieczierski. He had five sisters. He ...

per page