Ancestry

Search the Boards

Search Results for "Monaghan" - 13,631 Messages

per page

SMITH-mid-1800's, Ireland to NY?,VT, IL Posted on: 16 May 2003, by  @@jazzypudge7...

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Unknown

Seeking information of the Smith family from Monaghan, Ireland. Parents (Nicholas, Mary?) sailed to America with 2? of their children. All got cied on board ship and were buried at sea. Four of their other ch...

William J. and Marie (Monaghan) Snyder Posted on: 04 Sep 2005, by  susan_monagha...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Illinois > Counties > Madison

William J. Snyder married about 1918 to Marie Monaghan, the daughter of Thomas D. Monaghan and Mary J. Brown. William J. and Marie Snyder had at least three children: Kathlene (born about 1919) Bernard (born ab...

Re: 1885-1900 Lookup: 99 Sumpter St. Anthony & Catherine Mona(g)han Posted on: 17 Feb 2003, by Maureen E. Ritter

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Kings

Thanks Tony, I did indeed have the 1910 census image. Thanks for the detective work on the 1900 census. That is definitely them. I still think they were here for the 1880 census, they were naturalized...

Re: James Smith b. Ireland 1831 Posted on: 29 Nov 2004, by  nelsonrf

Localities > North America > Canada > Prince Edward Island > General

...be the gap I need between Patrick and a Bernard I have un connected. Did your Bernard marry a Regina Monaghan? If so, I have much more info. Oy yes, my James married a Croken..I have that tree.

Need help finding death Certificate Posted on: 14 Sep 1999, by  blychris

Localities > North America > United States > States > Nebraska > Counties > Gage

Am trying to locate a death certificate for a Mark Callely that died in 1897 in Beatrice, Gage Co., Nebraska He was born in 1850 in County Monaghan, Ireland.

BEGGS, John Waugh Posted on: 23 Jan 2000, by Roger COULTER

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Down > General

...5Dec 1925 buried Movilla Cemetery Newtownards. m Letitia FEE. Believe he came from Castleblayney, Co Monaghan. He was my ggrandfather. Any information welcome.

Re: Patrick Lane, Rutland Cty. Posted on: 13 Jun 2004, by  glaspaircs

Localities > North America > United States > States > Vermont > Counties > Rutland

...Kilkenny 6 Laois 11 Limerick 43 Limerick City 8 Longford 7 Louth 5 Mayo 1 Meath 5 Monaghan 2 Offaly 2 Roscommon 16 Sligo 1 Tipperary 19 Tyrone 1 Waterford 22 Wexfo...

1885-1900 Lookup: 99 Sumpter St. Anthony & Catherine Mona(g)han Posted on: 16 Feb 2003, by Maureen E. Ritter

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Kings

... I just received the baptism record from Holy Rosary Church for their eldest daughter, Mary Cecilia Monaghan, which is dated January 12, 1891 and lists that address. I had been unable to find them in the 188...

#37-thomas m'avin Posted on: 22 Jan 2000, by john c. mcavinn

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Monaghan > General

Please send information about Thomas M'avin. An ancestor [Francis] emigrated to P.E.I., Canada from Monaghan in the 1840's. The decendants are now living in Canada ,U.S. and Ireland. I'll be visiting Monaghan in May,...

Message for Hugh Stewart of Adelaide about Hugh Stewart Darnconner Posted on: 15 May 2003, by  agnesmonaghan

Localities > Oceania > Australia > South Australia > General

...Darnconner and my great grandfather was Archibald Kirk from Durisdeer, hope to hear from you,..regards Agnes Monaghan.

Re: Kelly family in Kent County Posted on: 26 Nov 2001, by  GloriaWallin5...

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Kent

...can't help you out there with Elizabeth Kelly or John Steen. I do know that the Steen originated from Monaghan, Ireland. My g.g. grandmother was Mary Anne Steen who was born 1838 Monaghan, Ireland. Believe they emigr...

Death info re Richard Daeley, Sr. Posted on: 24 Apr 2003, by Jan Williamson

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Perth

Family came to Wallace Twp. c 1863 from Monaghan, Ireland. Father, Richard, supposed returned to get a sister and never returned - legend is that he was lost at sea. Can anyone shed any light on this story or...

Commondyke,Darnconner,Durisdeer. Posted on: 15 May 2003, by  agnesmonaghan

Localities > Oceania > Australia > South Australia > General

...Darnconner and my great grandfather was Archibald Kirk from Durisdeer,hope to hear from you,,..regards Agnes Monaghan,Cumnock Ayrshire,Scotland.

Celeste Traverso obit - 1999 Posted on: 10 Jan 2000, by  cathygowdy

Localities > North America > United States > States > California > Counties > Marin

...survived by her sisters Ersile Mezzetta of San Rafael, Francine Valenti of Corvallis, Ore., and Josephine Monaghan of Corte Madera, as well as many cousins, nieces and nephews. In addition to her husband, her...

Re: Louis O'Carl or O'Carroll Posted on: 28 Sep 2002, by  bonnie5162

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Yorkshire > General

...of , Not for sure which one but, it was either Tipperary, or Offaly then there was OCarroll of Oriel (Monaghan&Louth). Later on the OCarroll's were mainly restricted to the district around Birr, Co., Off...

REID, James Posted on: 02 Jul 2000, by Leighton REID

...area. In 1860, James married Esther SMITHSON, daughter of Richard Smithson and Sarah Jane Carew of South Monaghan, Ontario. James was a Captain in the militia and treasurer of Mornington for many years. They ...

Dowds of Mornington--Attn. Maureen Posted on: 23 Mar 2002, by  @@jbrzozowski...

...Pioneers" requested by Maureen. "Hamilton Dowd and his family were all born in the County of Monaghan, Ireland. He and two sons and two daughters sailed for Canada in 1847. After a long voyage, a ...

William Monaghan Posted on: 19 Feb 2002, by  @@pambr@mis.n...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Fayette

...Baskin Co., Chicago, 1882. Reprinted by Southern Historical Press, Easley, SC, 1979. Page 766 WILLIAM MONAGHAN, farmer, P. O. Lexington, is of that industrious class of immigrants to which America owes so m...

John Murray (disowned by Scottish father in 1830) Posted on: 10 Sep 2000, by  big-fat

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Wigtownshire > General

...in approx. 1832 for marrying an Irish peasant girl (Jane Harvison) who I believe came from the County Monaghan. He emigrated to Canada in 1832. John's father was a Scottish aristocrat who had an estate in Ir...

Steuben County Marriage Records 5556-5560 Posted on: 03 Jun 2001, by Annette Campbell

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Steuben

...and Ellen Kennedy bp. England Married Dec. 18, 1915 in Olean by Harry Burton Boyd witnesses Margaret Monaghan and J. C. Craig ------------------------- Charley W. Vincent w. age 38 2nd marriage, a widower Tel...

John Wm. Monaghan b. Leitchfeild, 1889 Posted on: 22 Jan 2005, by  elizabethgis

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Grayson

I am looking for any information on the Monaghan family. John William Monaghan was probably born in Litchfeild in Jan 1889. Married Mary Louise Coffeyy in Indiana. Parents were John Willaim Monaghan Sr. and probably Margar...

Patrick TRAINOR b. Ireland 1819 -- d. 21 February 1904 - Kansas City, MO Posted on: 21 Jan 2006, by  JohnWOBrien

Localities > North America > United States > States > Missouri > Counties > Jackson

...night he became suddenly ill. A heavy chill was followed with a cold. Patrick TRAINOR was born in Monaghan county, Ireland, in 1819. He was about twenty years old when he came to America. Landing in Ne...

ALTA E. MAITLAND Posted on: 02 Jul 2002, by  Suzanne Howar...

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Jefferson

...Franklinville; two brothers, Lester Cooley, Henderson, and Allen Cooley, Avoca; a sister, Mrs. Charles (Ida) Monaghan, Carthage, and a half-sister, Mrs. John (Betty) Hilts, Hannibal; six grandchildren and sev...

Rev. McAuley in St. Lawrence Posted on: 05 Jan 1999, by Donna Kentch

Localities > North America > United States > States > South Dakota > Counties > Hand

Debra. There isn't much left of St. Lawrence, Hand Co., SD but a couple miles down the road is a town called Miller. You should be able to get information from there. It is an old, small, friendly pla...

Isacc Ayers - KY & Ohio Posted on: 08 Jan 2000, by  byrona19

Surnames > Ayers

...Ohio. It is belived that he is connected to the Ayres/Ayers family of Rachael Newton and David Ayres of Monaghan Twsp, York, Pennsylvania. Any informaion on the family would be appericated. Isaac's children ...

Gauley, Francis 1849-1922 Posted on: 20 Jan 2001, by  rerogers

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > Franklin

Wednesday Nov. 1, 1922 - Francis Gauley Dead Francis Gauley was born in Monaghan county, Ireland, March 21, 1849. He came to America when a boy, going to California, where he worked on a dairy farm for about ...

Re: Ryans 1870 Census Rutland, Rut Cty reel 1625, p 692 & 693 as of 8-23-1870 Posted on: 26 Sep 2005, by  Nanu_Nanu

Localities > North America > United States > States > Vermont > Counties > Rutland

...139 1865-09-12 John Dwyer Irishman Tipperary Ireland 1835 Rutland Rutland 1865-09-12 John Kelly Dennis Monaghan witnesses of Rutland 4 138 1865-09-12 William Dwyer Irishman Tipperary Ireland 1838 Rutland Rut...

Mccabes on Manning Ave Toronto Ontario. Posted on: 11 Sep 2002, by  P_DOWDALL

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Ontario

Looking for loss family of Joseph mccabe. Born 1854,or 1856 in Co Monaghan Ireland. Son of Patk Mccabe labourer and farmer of Currin,Co,Monaghan,Ireland. Roman Catholic Parish of Aghabog. Joseph immigrated at age 26 ...

William John Gray married Mary Elizabeth Monaghan Posted on: 07 Jan 2003, by Mike Gray

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Hastings

Looking for information on Grandfather: William John Gray b:1889,d:1964,m:Mary Elizabeth Monaghan, b:1896,d:1980? Also have photos of the following headstones, I think they are related, not sure how, any info...

Re: Clerkin / Clarkins of Ontario,Canada..... Posted on: 09 Jul 2004, by Jack Clerkin

My grandfather, Patrick J. CLERKIN, was born in Monaghan in September of 1860. My grandmother, Jane M. MCKENNA, was born in Monaghan in August of 1860. Her parents were James and Anna McKenna. She immigrated to the U...

Re: Bruce and Templeman marriage Posted on: 19 Nov 2003, by Donna Jenkins

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > Madison

...22, 1841 the son of Thomas Niblo and Eleanor Reed Mullen. Thomas Niblo was born in Listroar, County Monaghan, Ireland Feb. 11, 1795. He married Eleanor 'Ellen' Reed Mullen in Ireland, Aug. 8, 1825. Eleanor w...

Clerkin / Clarkins of Ontario,Canada..... Posted on: 09 Sep 2002, by  P_DOWDALL

...family history with other Clerkin / Clarkins........... Family came from around Newbliss and Cormoy,Co,Monaghan and immigrated in about 1882, e-mail patgamma@aol.com.

Change E-mail address Posted on: 13 Dec 1999, by Bridget Whitford Schwabrow

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Schenectady

Please change email from jschwabrow@prodigy.com to jshamrock1999@yahoo.com. Thanks very much, Bridget

Cemeteries near Fosterburg, IL Posted on: 31 Mar 2004, by  susan_monagha...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Illinois > Counties > Madison

...for inhabitants of Fosterburg, Madison Co., IL? We are trying to find burial sites for members of the Monaghan family that resided in Fosterburg near the Bethalto Road. To the best of our knowledge, they w...

search Posted on: 28 Nov 1999, by L Lawson

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Schenectady

looking for above name ,Known to have jumped ship in the early 1900s was in royal navy

Looking for Thomas Powers Posted on: 25 Sep 1999, by Bridget Whitford Schwabrow

...POTTLE land. He sailed on the SS Teutonic to NYC and then settled in Schenectady with his sisters, Nellie MONAGHAN, Mary and Kate POWERS. Family stories say he married a girl named Ann and had Racing Piegons ...

McEntee Family Posted on: 01 Jan 1999, by Patrick F. McHugh

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Wyoming

...and Bernard McHugh. My mother was a native of Cortannellmullanary, Cortannell Lane, Ballybay, County Monaghan, Ireland. She was the youngest daughter of John and Elizabeth Ann Markey McEntee, and grand daught...

Owen McGough and John "Jack" McGough Posted on: 19 Nov 2000, by  Michelle_McGo...

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Rensselaer

...anything about these persons? I research McGoff/McGough/McGeough families in Upstate New York and County Monaghan, Ireland. I am very interested in finding any connection with this family if possible. Since...

Re: Greenan surname, PEI Posted on: 22 Mar 2003, by linda kelley

Localities > North America > Canada > Prince Edward Island > General

...ido have some info on the greenan- i hope it helps. catherine greenan married a james murphy both from monaghan ireland. catherine was born 11-5-1822 and entered canada in 1836. according to cemetery record ...

Help finding Kanes, Learys, Gallaghers living near Monahans in Brooklyn Posted on: 14 Nov 2003, by  maureen_ritte...

I am asking for help finding Kanes, Learys and Gallaghers living near Monahans or Monaghans in Brooklyn, especially near the following streets:Bergen Street, Vanderbilt Ave., Underhill Ave., Franklin ...

Re: KELLYS from Ireland to Dubuque County IA 1840-1860 Posted on: 13 Jun 2004, by  glaspaircs

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > Dubuque

...Leitrim 238 Limerick 303 Limerick City 46 Longford 168 Louth 246 Mayo 595 Meath 266 Monaghan 315 Offaly 408 Roscommon 815 Sligo 224 Tipperary 405 Tyrone 514 Waterford 1...

bergers Posted on: 03 Jan 2000, by  Monica_Monagh...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Montana > Counties > Fergus

...who would be the brother of Jacques Berger. E-mail me at pmmonaghan@cyberus.ca for more info. Monica Monaghan

Catherine McGrath Monaghan (1830-1908) obit Posted on: 11 Apr 2000, by  Donna Kentch

Localities > North America > United States > States > Nebraska > Counties > Otoe

Old Settler Dies near Percival. Died at her home 2 1/2 miles southeast of Percival, IA, Jan 31, 1908, Mrs Edward Moneghan of a complication of stomach and heart trouble. Catherine McGrath was born nea...

Wells Again Posted on: 03 Jan 2000, by  Monica_Monagh...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Montana > Counties > Fergus

...Wells. And Grants run in my family line as well as Bergers. Would you like more information? Monica Monaghan

McEntee Family Posted on: 01 Jan 1999, by Patrick F. McHugh

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Unknown

...and Bernard McHugh. My mother was a native of Cortannellmullanary, Cortannell Lane, Ballybay, County Monaghan, Ireland. She was the youngest daughter of John and Elizabeth Ann Markey McEntee, and grand daught...

Re: William Cavanaugh Posted on: 04 Mar 2004, by Russ

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > GLShipping

...the best qualified and most prominent marine engineers sailing out of Milwaukee, was born in County Monaghan, Ireland, on August 2, 1845, son of Peter and Mary (McNeel) Cavanagh, both natives of the same coun...

Re: Volo & Fort Hill Cemetery Headstone Photos Posted on: 30 May 2002, by Mari Ann

Localities > North America > United States > States > Illinois > Counties > Lake

Thank you, Laura. I look forward to hearing from you.

Re: Bernard Ward Posted on: 13 Oct 2001, by  jeannewilliam...

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > York

This is the history I have from my husband's side. Bernard Ward was born in County Monaghan, Ireland in 1771. He married Nancy Daily and had two children, William and Ann. He went to Scotland and started a...

Re: Volo & Fort Hill Cemetery Headstone Photos Posted on: 28 May 2002, by Laura Riley

Localities > North America > United States > States > Illinois > Counties > Lake

...right on 120 with the cemetery behind the church/school. I'll look to see if I have any photos with Monaghan/Monahan. I'll get back with you once I've had a chance to look. If I don't have it I'll be in the V...

Byrne Posted on: 20 Apr 2003, by  roilafferty

Localities > North America > United States > States > Minnesota > Counties > Faribault

...He was in Faribault, Rice county in 1862, He was said to have been born in 1834 in Magheracloone co. Monaghan Ireland. 1880 census shows a Christopher Byrne farming in Pipestone in Minesota and at least 5 chi...

per page