Ancestry

Search the Boards

Search Results for "Monaghan" - 13,644 Messages

per page

Message for Hugh Stewart of Adelaide about Hugh Stewart Darnconner Posted on: 15 May 2003, by  agnesmonaghan

Localities > Oceania > Australia > South Australia > General

...Darnconner and my great grandfather was Archibald Kirk from Durisdeer, hope to hear from you,..regards Agnes Monaghan.

Commondyke,Darnconner,Durisdeer. Posted on: 15 May 2003, by  agnesmonaghan

Localities > Oceania > Australia > South Australia > General

...Darnconner and my great grandfather was Archibald Kirk from Durisdeer,hope to hear from you,,..regards Agnes Monaghan,Cumnock Ayrshire,Scotland.

William O. Monaghan Posted on: 11 Jan 2000, by  pjbolton

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Tyrone > General

...long-forgotten page removed from a family Bible. It was filled in by my gggrandparents, William O(rr?) Monaghan and Phoebe Mills. On the top of the page is written, "Wm. Monaghan May 14, 1831 came from Co. Tyron...

Re: Louis O'Carl or O'Carroll Posted on: 28 Sep 2002, by  bonnie5162

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Yorkshire > General

...of , Not for sure which one but, it was either Tipperary, or Offaly then there was OCarroll of Oriel (Monaghan&Louth). Later on the OCarroll's were mainly restricted to the district around Birr, Co., Off...

Re: Margaret McLaughlin--age or family members? Posted on: 28 Oct 2003, by Maureen E. Ritter

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Kings

...hasn't remarried yet. I don't know if she had any children. Her sister's name was Catherine or Kate Monaghan, who was age 28 and living on Underhill Avenue in that census, if I have the right one. Her brother...

Re: KEARNEY - Tombstones of the Irish Born - Holy Cross Posted on: 06 May 2005, by  nadarocko

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Kings

Helen, There is a Kearney listing matching your names. Kearney Mary, 11/20/1887, 70, Monaghan By husband Patrick Hope this helps, ~Meg

McCARRONS - Monaghan, Ireland Posted on: 04 Jan 2000, by Kathy

Surnames > McCarron

My gr gr grandmother was Bridget McCarron born around 1823 (just a guess) in Currerraberabeg, Monaghan, Ireland. I am trying to find out her parents names. Bridget married Bernard Clerkin and lived in Monaghan, Ire...

Margaret McLaughlin--age or family members? Posted on: 27 Oct 2003, by  metaphor

Maureen wrote, "Looking for Margaret Monaghan McLaughlin, widow, living at 526 Vanderbilt Avenue, Brooklyn in 1900-1901. " Maureen, have you already looked for her using genealogy.com 1900 census i...

1900-1910 Census lookup Margaret McLaughlin Vanderbilt Ave. Posted on: 27 Oct 2003, by Maureen E. Ritter

A little help please! Looking for Margaret Monaghan McLaughlin, widow, living at 526 Vanderbilt Avenue, Brooklyn in 1900-1901. Can anyone find this listing or at least give me the ward? I am having trouble f...

MCCABE OF ST MARY'S CHURCH ON ADELAIDE STREET.YORY ( CITY OF TORONTO ) 1890..... Posted on: 24 May 2002, by  P_DOWDALL

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Dufferin

Mccabe born Carn,Co,Monaghan.... Belong to St Mary's Parish.....Toronto.. Worked as a fruit and vegetable vender...within Toronto.. Married with family.... If this mccabe ring's a bell..... Please contact pat...

Re: McEntee Family - Chili, NY Posted on: 31 Jul 2006, by  kelvinjohnson...

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Monroe

...period 1848-64. Its not that common a name with just 95 households in all of Ireland with 34 in County Monaghan and 23 in Meath. Do you have any further information on them ? I have some on descendants of O...

Hicks family from Co Monaghan, Ireland Posted on: 20 Jan 2002, by  ruth1209

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Otsego

I am trying to make contact with any of the Hicks family who emigrated from Co Monaghan, Ireland. I know Sam and Tillie Hicks lived in the Worcester area and had three children. Sam died in 1986 and Tillie in...

LEITZ; MONAGHAN; KENT Posted on: 01 Jan 1900, by Beverlee C Wightman

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Monroe

Originally posted: 31 May 1997 LEITZ; Frederick and Florentina, MONAGHAN, Hugh and Charlotte; KENT,Isabel and Robert Stewart. I am hoping to find records of marriages, confirmations, death. These people were...

Obit look-up for James Adair d.6/9/1910. He fell from a trolley car on 6/1/1910 Posted on: 04 Jan 2004, by  macavoy_1

...kind soul to perform an obit look-up for a James Adair, resident of Brooklyn, born 6/24/1832 in County Monaghan Ireland, and died 6/9/1910 in NYC (from a fall off a trolley car on 6/1/1910) and supposedly bur...

John Walters obit- 1887- Detroit Posted on: 04 Jan 2004, by  lmd420

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Counties > Wayne

...fractured his right thigh, which injury was the ultimate cause of his death. Mr. Walters was born In County Monaghan, Ireland. He took an active part in national affairs immediately preceding the Irish insur...

Re: HOPPER/ROSS Posted on: 10 Feb 2003, by Barbara Adams

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Kent

Hi, I am also related as I am a direct decendant of David Ross 1785 of Monaghan, Ireland. My g-g-grandfather was William whom my father was named after and was David's brother.I have more information if inter...

Mary Elizabeth Monaghan Gray Posted on: 17 Sep 2002, by Mike Gray

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Hastings

My Grandfather was born in Trenton 1 August 1889. Died 20 June 1964. Married to Mary Elizabeth Monaghan. I think he had 2 brothers, Alford and Henry and a sister Mabel. Any information on him or his father...

Re: HOPPER/ROSS Posted on: 08 May 2002, by  lgray8250

I found Cecil. David Ross b 1785 Monaghan Ireland, school teacher emigrated 1848 with w Margaret Canagan b 1789 Ireland, two sons, John & William(Cecil's Gf), two dau Margaret & Eliza. Wm m Sarah Me...

Re: I think I found her! Catherine Theresa Monaghan age 28 Posted on: 28 Oct 2003, by Maureen E. Ritter

...right area of Brooklyn, her sister Margaret McLaughlin was at 526 Vanderbilt and her brother Anthony Monaghan was on Franklin Ave. that year. Thanks Tony!

Watertown Native Marion Powell Dies at 72 Posted on: 10 Aug 2001, by A.Edwin Rogers

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Jefferson

...Roberts,Mrs.John(Lana)Hall,and Dawn Nasworthy all of Watertown;35 grandchildren,25grgrandchildren;a brother,Winford Monaghan,Watertown and nieces and nephews.Five brothers and three sisters died before her.Bo...

Tom POWERS Posted on: 08 Jan 2000, by  Bridget_Schwa...

Localities > North America > United States > States > New Jersey > Counties > Atlantic

...and Kathryn(Kate) O'BRIEN immigrated to Schenectady, NY in 1905, lived with his sisters(Helen m. Tom MONAGHAN; Anastasia m. James NOLAN; Catherine m. Fred GRAY and Mary who remained single, all in Schenectady...

Re: 1880-1900 State census lookup:Catherine Theresa Monaghan age 28-29 Posted on: 26 Oct 2003, by Maureen E Ritter

Thanks Tony, I did that. The first time, I did not have the certificate number and asked for Catherine Monaghan. I sent the obituary with the request but got a not found letter, even though they had the exact...

Hamil family of Kent County, Ontario, Canada Posted on: 24 Nov 2001, by  junehamil

...family from Kent County, Ontario, Canada. From research thus far, it appears that the Hamils left County Monaghan, Ireland some time from 1846-1851 and arrived at a New York port. They later settled in Ontar...

John Murray (disowned by Scottish father in 1830) Posted on: 10 Sep 2000, by  big-fat

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Wigtownshire > General

...in approx. 1832 for marrying an Irish peasant girl (Jane Harvison) who I believe came from the County Monaghan. He emigrated to Canada in 1832. John's father was a Scottish aristocrat who had an estate in Ir...

1880-1900 State census lookup:Catherine Theresa Monaghan age 28-29 Posted on: 24 Oct 2003, by  maureen_ritte...

I just obtained an obituary from the Daily Eagle for a sister of my great grandfather, Anthony Monaghan, who we never knew existed. Her name was Catherine Theresa (aka Kate Monahan) Monaghan. She died April 3, 1901 a...

Kings Co. Alms House at Kings Co. Hosp. & Nephritis Chronica Posted on: 26 Nov 2003, by  maureen_ritte...

...sideways, which gives Date of death, Full Name (although this is not her full name, it was Catherine Theresa Monaghan), age (29-no birth date information, so the age may be off a year or two), marital status ...

Re: Trumbull/McCracken/Hobden/Coulter Posted on: 19 Nov 2001, by Terry

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Haliburton

...and Eleanor--These are children of Richard and Mary McCracken Who came to Canada in 1838 From county Monaghan Ireland.

bergers Posted on: 03 Jan 2000, by  Monica_Monagh...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Montana > Counties > Fergus

...who would be the brother of Jacques Berger. E-mail me at pmmonaghan@cyberus.ca for more info. Monica Monaghan

Wells Again Posted on: 03 Jan 2000, by  Monica_Monagh...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Montana > Counties > Fergus

...Wells. And Grants run in my family line as well as Bergers. Would you like more information? Monica Monaghan

Re: Address request, 1920, Astoria or LI City- Posted on: 19 Aug 2003, by Joan Valdez

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Queens

...another search. This time for John J. O'Brien, born in Ireland around 1846 married to Anne Monahan (Monaghan), born in Long Island City in 1862. I believe they lived in the Astoria area. I really appreciate...

trace- grandmother Posted on: 12 Jan 2000, by LORRAINE CLEMENTS

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Westmeath > General

Iam searching for my grandmother,or any information concerning her . I believe she was born in Monaghan ,around 1915 her maiden name was ANNA Figarella and her married name was Finn she may have lived in Cast...

Trainor family Posted on: 12 Jan 2000, by John McCabe

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Monaghan > General

...least three chrildren, one being my gggrandfather, John McCabe born in Kilmore Parish near the town of Monaghan in 1828. I'm not sure of Bridget's birth or death but John McCabe was the youngest of the their ...

date of death Posted on: 21 Aug 2005, by  Wellintongacr...

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Oneida

How would I find the date of death of an infant in Kirkland?

GOODWIN family Posted on: 03 May 2000, by  RobertHall71

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Wales > Radnorshire > General

...Newchurch,Radnorshire.Is this Goodwin family related to them,as they have the same family names; William Goodwin from Monaghan,Ire. Anne Goodwin nee McRae,from Pettigo? Donegal,Ire. Catherine Goodwin James...

ALTA E. MAITLAND Posted on: 02 Jul 2002, by  Suzanne Howar...

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Jefferson

...Franklinville; two brothers, Lester Cooley, Henderson, and Allen Cooley, Avoca; a sister, Mrs. Charles (Ida) Monaghan, Carthage, and a half-sister, Mrs. John (Betty) Hilts, Hannibal; six grandchildren and sev...

Re: Do you need Oxford/Norwich cemetery look-ups?? Posted on: 02 Apr 2004, by  GeraldineSook...

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Oxford

...found One Isarel Talbot, in the St. Peter's Roman Catholic Cemetery, Peterborough, Township of North Monaghan. And there were 3 Catherine Talbots but not in the same cemeteries as Isarel. Then I check out the...

Re: Monahan,Healy,Erickson,Patterson Posted on: 16 May 2006, by patricia monaghan

My husband's Monaghan family lived in the Greenpoint section of Brooklyn. His grandfather Charles was born in Ireland 1869. He died in Bklyn, 1918...buried in Calvary Cemetery. More to tell but This may no...

Millers Posted on: 02 Sep 1999, by Jerry Hansen

Localities > North America > United States > States > Illinois > Counties > Jo Daviess

...Miller of Hanover Twp, JoDaviess Co. and James Miller of Derinda Twp, JoDaviess Co. were both born in Monaghan Co. Ireland. Both came to JoDaviess after a living in New York. They we both lived in the county ...

Gauley, Francis 1849-1922 Posted on: 20 Jan 2001, by  rerogers

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > Franklin

Wednesday Nov. 1, 1922 - Francis Gauley Dead Francis Gauley was born in Monaghan county, Ireland, March 21, 1849. He came to America when a boy, going to California, where he worked on a dairy farm for about ...

McQuaids Posted on: 13 Apr 2001, by  yutie56

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > New York

...around 1846-52. I have not yet been able to determine where in Ireland they came from - but I suspect Monaghan, Tyrone or Armagh. Still searching. Your Bernard name caught my eye. Shannon

McEnaney's Origin Posted on: 12 Jan 2000, by  jKessell5293

Surnames > McEnaney

the McEnaney's come from the County of Monaghan in Ireland. My Great Great grandfather was named Owen McEnaney. He lived in Boston from 1850 till his death in 1884. He had several brothers and sisters that li...

Re: 1885-1900 Lookup: 99 Sumpter St. Anthony & Catherine Mona(g)han Posted on: 17 Feb 2003, by Maureen E. Ritter

Thanks Tony, I did indeed have the 1910 census image. Thanks for the detective work on the 1900 census. That is definitely them. I still think they were here for the 1880 census, they were naturalized...

McChesney's Posted on: 07 Dec 2000, by Linda K. Tennant

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Rensselaer

I am trying to find out some information on a Sarah and William McChesney that came from Monaghan County, Ireland to the US in the 1800's. I understand that some of them settled in Rensselaer County. Sarah an...

1885-1900 Lookup: 99 Sumpter St. Anthony & Catherine Mona(g)han Posted on: 16 Feb 2003, by Maureen E. Ritter

... I just received the baptism record from Holy Rosary Church for their eldest daughter, Mary Cecilia Monaghan, which is dated January 12, 1891 and lists that address. I had been unable to find them in the 188...

Police Dept. personnel/veteran's records:Anthony Mona(g)han Posted on: 09 Sep 2003, by Maureen E. Ritter

Does anyone know how I can obtain NYCPD personnel file or record from a /fraternalveterans' group he belonged to associated with NYPD? I am searching for Anthony Mona(g)han, b. 1860 Ireland, was ret...

Need help finding death Certificate Posted on: 14 Sep 1999, by  blychris

Localities > North America > United States > States > Nebraska > Counties > Gage

Am trying to locate a death certificate for a Mark Callely that died in 1897 in Beatrice, Gage Co., Nebraska He was born in 1850 in County Monaghan, Ireland.

regarding adoption Posted on: 05 Jan 2005, by  Wellintongacr...

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Oneida

Does anyone know how to search for adoption within a family?

Dewey/O'Brien/Monaghan/Foley/Clark/Grace Astoria/LI City area Posted on: 19 Aug 2001, by  jvaldez13

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Queens

...Thanks, Joan James Daniel Dewey b.1887 Brooklyn Elizabeth Veronica O'Brien b 1891 Long Island City Anne Monaghan b. 1862 New York City Joe Foley Margaret O'Brien Monica O'Brien Mary E. Grace John J. O'Brien b...

Mccabe from City of Toronto......................... Posted on: 30 Apr 2002, by  P_DOWDALL

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Ontario

Looking for the family of Joseph Mccabe of City of Toronto. Born.......1854 or 1856...Co Monaghan Ireland. Son of Patrick Mccabe of Carn,Co,Monaghan. Brother of Jane Mccabe Clerkin /Clarkin. Uncle of Peter Joseph Cle...

Re: 1900 Census - Rose Brady Posted on: 15 Nov 2003, by Mary Ann Geraghty

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > New York

...address. I don't know the names of any of my g-grand-father's siblings. The Bradys may have been from Co. Monaghan and possibly settled in Co. Longford.Could you check the city directory of 1882 for a McCab...

per page