Replies: 0

Samuel Slater Will Bulloch County, GA

Nancy Geiger Ford (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jun 1999 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Will
Surnames: SLATER, GEIGER, WATERS
State of Georgia
Bulloch County

In the name of God, Amen, I, Samuel Slater, a citizen of State of Georgia and a Resident of the County of Bulloch, being weak in body, but of a sound dispensing mind and memory and knowing the certainty of Death and the uncertainty of life and rushing to dispose of such worldly treasures as it has pleased God to give and bless me with
in this world, I therefore establish this ? My Last Will and Testament revoking all other ? and Establish this as My Last.

Item 1 I desire that after my death that my body be buried in a decent plain Christian Like manner at the desire of my Friends and Relative.

Item 2 I desire that all my just debts be paid out of my Wife's and my Son, Robert's, parts of my Estate by my Executors, which I will hereafter name.

Item 3 I give and bequeath unto my Dear Wife, Elizabeth, the Land and plantation on which I now live, and three hundred acres more was surveyed for Andrew Seckinger which ? was forty acres take off the North ? said survey; also all my plantation tools and Blacksmith and working tools; also all my household and kitchen furnature; also my chestnut sorrel mare and old Fan and my young ?
called Texas and my Bay Mare Called ? . My dourle barrel shot gun and my negro woman names Fanny and my negro boys ? (possible the name Smart) and one bead, beadstead and two mattresses and there furnature also my ? cattle except four cws and there calves, which I will hereafter nemtion; also all Hoggs and Sheep during her Life Time and after her death to my son, Robert B. Slater.

Item 4 I give to my Daughter, Martha Gigger and to her children, my negro woman named Rachael.

Item 5 I give to my Daughter Eliza dasher and to her children two hundred acres of land lying on Mill Creek, known as the land surveyed for David Goodman ? , and my negro girl named Rhoda.

Item 6 I give unto my son, William Slater, five dollars and one bead, which he has now in his possession. I also give to his wife, Ann Slater and her children, that she may have by my son William three hundred acres of land which I have already made her a deed to.

Item 7 I give unto my Daughter Sarah Waters, and her children five hundred and thrity-five acres of land bounded on the south by Higdons land and West by Scarboroughs land and my negro girl names Moriah and one bead which she has in her possession.

Item 8 I give unto my son ? Slater, my negro boy ? (may be the name Handy), but said boy must remain on the plantation with my wife during her life and five hundred acres of land which he has a deed to, and one bead.

Item 9 I give unto my Daughter Margaret Frances Slater and to her children, one tract of land containing one hundred and eighty-four acres, known as the land surveyed for Andrew Seckinger and one bead and my negro boy named Tom, and said boy to remain on the plan-
tation during my wife's life.

Item 10 I give unto my Daughter, Jane Elizabeth Slater, and to her children two hundred and fifty acres of land known as the John (?) Driggers Land and one bead and my negro girl Hannah.

Item 11 I give unto my Daughter Hassett E. ? Slater and her children three hundred acres of land more or less bounded by Wilston and ? Land and one bead and my negro boy named Harry, but said boy to remain on the plantation during my wife's life.

Item 12 I give unto my son John. G. Slater two hundred acres of land more or less adjoining lands of John Mikile (?) and one bed and my rifles, gou and my negro girl named ? and four cows and their calves, and of my stock of cattle mentioned in the 3rd Item.

Item 13 I constite(?) and appoint my son ? guardian of my three young children, Liz Jane, John and Robert.

Item 14 I constitute and appoint my beloved wife Elizabeth Executrix and my son ? and my ? son-in-law Thomas Dasher, executors to this my Last Will and Testament. This December fifteenth in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and forty-nine.

Signed: Samuel Slater

Signed sealed declared and published by Samuel Slater as his Last Will and Testament in the presence of us who subscribed our names hereto in the presences of Said Testator and of each other this the 15th of December, 1849.

Martin Griner
Jasper Wilson
William H. Mc ?

Find a board about a specific topic