Search for content in message boards

Elizabeth Edwards, Wife of John Cordell, Sr. of VA?

Elizabeth Edwards, Wife of John Cordell, Sr. of VA?

Posted: 18 May 2011 8:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 May 2011 8:35PM GMT
Surnames: Edwards ; Cordell ; Blackwell ; Mason ; Steptoe ; Downing ; Eustace
Looking for others who descend from Elizabeth Edwards, and her husband, John Cordell. John was buried in NW VA.

Some of their children--including their son, Rev John Cordell, Jr and his wife, Judith (Blackwell>Price) Cordell, along with their children, went on to St Louis Co., MO, ca 1789. Judith's families, the Blackwells, Steptoes, Downings, Eustaces, were all from Northumberland Co., VA. I descend from them via Rev John and Judith's son, Hiram Cordell and his wife, Sarah (Mason) Cordell, of St Louis Co., MO

Anyone here from any of these families?

Nicholas

Re: Elizabeth Edwards, Wife of John Cordell, Sr. of VA?

Posted: 17 Jul 2011 1:05AM GMT
Greetings: I am Mary Cordell and I am related to John & Elizabeth's first child George Edwards Cordell and his wife Catherine Basye. I am also researching the Cordell family and related from George Edwards, to Alexander, to George Sanford, to Wm Madison, to Wm Madison, Jr., and I am daughter to Archie Cordell.

Posted: 6 Aug 2011 11:25PM GMT
Surnames: Cordell; Edwards; Blackwell; Steptoe
Hi Mary,

Sorry for the delay in replying to your mail about John & Elizabeth (Edwards) Cordell, but I have been offline for a month, and just back last night. I have been working on these lines for a while now, and have hoped to find Cordell and Edwards researchers who are of the same line and who also bear either surname.

We share John and Elizabeth as common ancestors, but our lines diverge there. My direct line is via their son, John, the Rev. John Cordell, and his wife, Judith Blackwell, the Widow Price. (I have John's bible, which he is supposed to have carried in the Rev War, as a Chaplain in Washington's Army.)

I would like to write to you directly to share info and compare notes, if that is OK. would you contact me at:

iisentaku at yahoo.com

Thanks

Nicholas

Researching: Cordell; Edwards;

Posted: 8 Aug 2011 4:17PM GMT
Is this Edwards Black?

Posted: 9 Aug 2011 11:26AM GMT
Surnames: Edwards
No, not that I have ever heard or seen any evidence of her being so.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.