Search for content in message boards

Bratton

Bratton

Bill Blanton (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jun 2000 3:29PM GMT
My Grandmother's name was Margaret Adelaide
Bratton, her friend's called her ( Addie )
She married Wesley Emsley Osment. She was
raised in the lower part of Cherokee County,
South Carolina. She was born March 29, 1866
and died July 28,1940. She is buried in Abington Creek Baptist Church Cemetary, in
Gaffney, South Carolina.
I would like to know who her Mother and Dad.

Brattons in the Carolinas

Herb Tennyson Jr. (View posts)
Posted: 24 Sep 2000 7:11AM GMT
Bill:
I don't know if we can be of any help to you but my family have direct ties to a Robert Bratton who seems to have come from the western part of North Carolina. I have been looking for more on his parents because there seems to be some discrepancy in my information, but it would appear that his daughter Rachel was part cherrokee indian. Her picture sure shows that she is.
Rachel is my 4th great grand mother and was born in Tennessee. If I can help you I would be glad to do so and any information you have that might help me would be greatly appreciated.
My e-mail is MedievalLady@netzero.net
yours in Christ
Herb.

Robert Bratton

Posted: 10 Oct 2000 8:49AM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 10:22PM GMT
Looking for a Robert H. Bratton. Our family changed the Bratton name to Brady around 1858. It is said that David Bratton/Brady was 1/2 American Indian. It is possible that Robert H. Brady [on a list of purchasers of a Christian book with David's wife's grandfather] in 1808, may have been David's grandfather. New Jersey Indians were said to have moved voluntarily to other states about that time. We have no records of any of David's family in New Jersey except the mention of Robert as a resident of Newark in 1808. David raised his family as Bradys in northern New Jersey and many of us are still there. MB1734@aol.com

Re: Bratton

Posted: 6 Aug 2011 10:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bratton
It looks like Addie B. Osment's parents are James and Elizabeth Bratton and Elizabeth's maiden name was Pressley. This is the source: http://genforum.genealogy.com/cgi-bin/print.cgi?ozment::133....
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.