Search for content in message boards

Katie Anne McRae and Delbert Hollingsworth were my great grandparents, can you help?

Katie Anne McRae and Delbert Hollingsworth were my great grandparents, can you help?

Posted: 20 Mar 2010 6:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hollingsworth, McRae, McPhee, Walker
My Ggrandparents were born and died in Nova Scotia but I can hardly find any links to them. My Ggrandma, Katie, (Catherine) was born August 13, 1889 to John McRae and Mary McPhee-says on her dc but on her mc it says her fathers name was Alex (black river). My Ggrandfather, Delbert was born 1869 to Alexander Hollingsworth.
My Grandma, Annie Margaret Walker was maiden name Hollingsworth and was one of their children. She married my grandfather, Gordon Walker. Both were born in Nova Scotia. My mother, Margaret Ellen Walker was one of Margaret (annie) and Gordon Walker's 10 children.
Anyone know anything about either of these people, I'd love to grow my family tree. Thank you

Re: Katie Anne McRae and Delbert Hollingsworth were my great grandparents, can you help?

Posted: 20 Nov 2010 9:34PM GMT
I can help you a little with the Hollingsworth part of the family. Check out, www.hollygardens.com

click on the link on the first page for Hollingsworth History

Re: Katie Anne McRae and Delbert Hollingsworth were my great grandparents, can you help?

Posted: 2 Jan 2011 2:14AM GMT
Cathrine Elizabeth Ann (Katie) was my grandfather, Daniel MacRae's sister. Their parents were Alexander "Sandy" and Marie (MacPhee)MacRae. The married in 1876 and settled on family property at Balmoral (Grand Anse), Cape Breton. Alexander's parents were Christy MacRae born 1831, Balmoral and Alexander "Findlay" MacRae 1824-1900 from Middle River, Cape Breton. Christy's parents were Alexander "Cromery" MacRae 1793-1868 from the Parish of Kincardine in the old sheriffdom of Cromarty, Scotland and Isabell Gibson 1788-1876 from the Paris of Nigg, Scotland. They married at Nigg in 1814 but I am not sure when the immigrated to Canada.

Hope this helps.

Posted: 29 Jun 2012 5:54PM GMT
Hi! I know a lot about the family and want to share, but first, do you know about the Hollingsworth Reunion coming up in Aug in NS ???

Linda Wittman wittmans@earthlink.net

Posted: 29 Jun 2012 8:30PM GMT
Hi! I know a lot about the family and want to share, but first, do you know about the Hollingsworth Reunion coming up in Aug in NS ???

Linda Wittman wittmans@earthlink.net

Posted: 24 Nov 2012 1:03AM GMT
hi there, I find this all quite amazing...I just finished a phone conversation with my Mom, June Hollingsworth, grand daughter of Katie McRae and Delbert Hollingsworth..can you share as to who their parents were? i live in Manitoba and often visited my Mom's family in cape breton...however lost contact over the years.

Posted: 22 Jan 2013 4:53AM GMT
I can help you a bit. I looked up my freind Carolyn's geneolgy and katie's mother was Mary MacPhee and Alexander MacRae---here is the Hollingsworth info I pulled up-you can email me at marlenemeagher@hotmail.com if you wish, as well-I live close to the area the MacRaes are from.
Carolyn's geneology from records on Hollingsworth and NS geneology on the internet
Arichat and her father was Alexander MacRae of Black River at‭ ‬-died May‭ ‬3‭ ‬1942‭ ‬of cerebral hemorrhage at Sydney Mines.‭ ‬Husband Delbert A Hollingsworth of‭ ‬Sydney mines.

1930‭ ‬bk‭ ‬60‭ ‬pg‭ ‬82
June‭ ‬17‭ ‬1930.‭ ‬Pearl Hollingsworth age‭ ‬22‭ ‬born in North Sydney,‭ ‬daughter of Delbert a Hollingsworth and Catherine MacRae of Black River married Kenneth Elliott MacRae of Balmoral‭ ‬,‭ ‬son of Alex‭ ‬MacRae and Mary MacPhee.

Henry Hollingsworth 7th great grandfather was born on 7 Sep 1598 in Ballyvickcrannell,Seagoe, Armagh, Ireland. He died before Dec 1674 in Ballyvickcrannell,Seagoe, Armagh, Ireland.

[Notes]

Henry married Katheran Wray (see HR Sept 1988) daughter of Valentyne Wraye and Jane Farndell about 1631 in Ballyvickcrannell, County Armagh, Ireland.. Katheran was born on 26 Apr 1595 in Ballyvickcrannell,Seagoe, Armagh, Ireland. She died on 17 Oct 1697 in Ballyvickcrannell, Seagoe, Armagh, Ireland.

[Notes]

Henry and Katheran had the following children:

. +3MiiHenry Hollingsworth was born about 1633. County Armagh.Henry Hollingsworth (Henry ) was born about 1633 in Ballyvickcrannell, County Armagh. . He died about 1701 in Ireland or Scotland

[Notes]

Henry married Elizabeth Newell daughter of John Newell in 1693. Elizabeth was born about 1635 in County Down.

They had the following children:

Henry and Anne had the following children:

99. Henry Hollingsworth (Henry , Henry , Henry ) was born in 1755.

Henry married Elizabeth Trail.

+262MiAlexander Valentine Hollingsworth was born in 1799.

262. Alexander Valentine Hollingsworth (Henry , Henry , Henry , Henry ) was born in 1799.

Alexander married Ruth Woodman.

+514MiAlexander Hollingsworth was born in 1843. 514. Alexander Hollingsworth (Alexander Valentine , Henry , Henry , Henry , Henry ) was born in 1843.

Alexander married Lavina Hatt.

+918MiDelbert Hollingsworth was born in 1861. 918. Delbert Hollingsworth (Alexander , Alexander Valentine , Henry , Henry , Henry , Henry ) was born in 1861.

Delbert married (1) Naomi Hancock.

Delbert married (2) Catherine MacRae. ( was Carolyn's grandfather)

Nova Scotia geneology records

Delbert A Hollingsworth widower,‭ ‬age‭ ‬42‭ ‬married Katie MacRae age‭ ‬22‭ ‬of St Peters Lavina Hollingsworth was a witness

Year‭ ‬1942‭ ‬bo203‭ ‬pg454
Catherine‭ (‬who is Katie)Hollingsworth born Aug‭ ‬13,‭ ‬1889‭ ‬Mother was Mary MacPhee from Arichat and her father was Alexander MacRae of Black River at‭ ‬-died May‭ ‬3‭ ‬1942‭ ‬of cerebral hemorrhage at Sydney Mines.‭ ‬Husband Delbert A Hollingsworth of‭ ‬Sydney mines.--I am happy to be of help to you
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.