Search for content in message boards

DAILY / DALY Family in Alabama and Tennessee

DAILY / DALY Family in Alabama and Tennessee

Posted: 22 Mar 2011 3:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Daily / Daly
Looking for descendants of Samuel Lafayette Daly 1834-1862 and Sallie/Sarah Daly
Children: Lucy Daly 1853-
William Lucas Daly 1855-1940
John E. Daly 1856-1913
Samuel Lafayette Daly Jr. 1857-1909
Larkin Emmet Daly 1860-1952

Re: DAILY / DALY Family in Alabama and Tennessee

Posted: 23 May 2011 1:55AM GMT
I'm the g-grandaughter of William Lucas Daly and have done extensive research on the family. I haven't had time to work on it in several years but you're welcome to what I have.

I actually found where Samuel was buried in MS (killed in the civil war) a few years back, and was asked to speak at a dedication. The Sons of the Confederacy had replaced all wooden markers with stone ones and held the dedication. I was able to bring the flag that flew on Samuel's grave back to my father.

What's your connection to Samuel?

I don't normally have time to get on here, but you can email me at southerngreeters at aol dot com

Posted: 21 Apr 2012 3:36PM GMT
I'am Samuel L. Daly's great grandaughter, I have quite a bit of information including photos. Please visit my site, I hope you will find what you need here.

Posted: 21 Apr 2012 4:31PM GMT
My Dailys were in Georgia from Ireland. I would love to see what you have. Please send me your email or email to me at g.dawson10@live.com
Thanks
Georgie

Posted: 21 Apr 2012 6:45PM GMT
Hi,

Thanks so much for responding. I love all your pictures that you’ve posted. I have so many pictures that I’m still trying to verify the people in them. It’s a slow process but fun.
I see on your tree that you have Mary Sellers listed as the wife of Samuel L. Daly Sr. I know from researching that there has been lots of discussions about whether Mary Sellers or Sallie/Sarah Ann Hargrove is the mother of the five Daly children. Some researchers suggest that Mary is the birth mother and Sallie is the step-mother while others think that Sallie/Sarah is the birth mother.
Looking through my records I do see in the Daly Marriages in Giles County the following:

Samuel Daily to Sarah A. Hargrove 22 April 1852

Samuel Daily to Mary E. Sellers 20 July 1852

I do know that Sallie is buried in the Daly Family Cemetery. I do not know where Mary is buried.

My connection to Samuel Daly is through Sallie/Sarah A. Hargrove.

Samuel died in 1862 and Sallie remarried William N. “Dock” Lewis in 1869 and had 3 children with “Dock”. My g-grandfather, James H. Lewis was one of those children. When my g-grandparents passed away my grandmother was sent to live with her cousin, Guy B. Daly. Last year I met a daughter of Guy’s and heard wonderful stories about my grandmother ,and about my grandfather and his parents(my g-grandparents) as they were neighbors of Guy Daly’s and my grandfather was life-long friends with Guy’s sons, Neal and Paul.

I would love to have a DNA comparison done to see if anyone is interested please let me know. At least then we’d all know for sure if Sallie or Mary was the birth mother.

I would also love more information on Samuel’s children: Lucy, William, John, Samuel Jr., and Larken. Did anyone keep a journal?

Posted: 15 May 2012 2:00AM GMT
Surnames: Daly
I am a great granddaughter of William Lucas Daly...my grandfather was Sidney Dayton Daly
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.