Search for content in message boards

Rigby in Pennsylvania

Rigby in Pennsylvania

Posted: 1 Oct 2001 6:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Jul 2002 7:53PM GMT
Surnames: Rigby
I'm looking for any information on Joseph Rigby born 1850 and his two sons John born 1875 and Harry born 1877all in Pennsylvania. Joseph was my 3rd great grandfather. The only information I have is on 1900 - 1920 census records of Osborne County, KS. Thank you for any help!!! - Rob Ruth

Re: Rigby in Pennsylvania

Posted: 4 Nov 2001 8:58PM GMT
Is your Joseph Rigby related to Seth Rigby of western Pennsylvanis. I am a descendent of Seth Rigby III, son of Seth Rigby II, son of Seth Rigby I of New Castle (in western Pa). The Seths had brothers and cousins named Joseph. Please contact me for additional information if you think that there is a connection.

Kathy Rosenberger

Posted: 5 Nov 2001 1:02AM GMT
Edited: 13 Nov 2001 4:09AM GMT
My gr-grandfather was Joseph C. Rigby SR. Would love to know if we have a connection.. I too have lots to share.. Please e-mail me at fligirlie56@aol.com

I have been trying to put the pieces together..
Barbara

Posted: 5 Nov 2001 2:07PM GMT
Kathy,
At this point I'm not sure. All I know is that Joseph Rigby's two sons were born in Pittsburgh, PA in 1875 and 1877. I've just found where Joseph is buried in Kansas and have ordered death certificates. This should tell me who his parents are. I've also located obits for Joseph and one of his sons that I've been told are quite extensive. I should receive those this week. Hopefully in the next few weeks I will be able to give you a better answer.

Rob Ruth

Posted: 5 Nov 2001 2:12PM GMT
Surnames: rigby
Dear Barbara,

At this point I know very little about the Rigby side of my family. Last weekend I talked to Grant Rigby in Los Angeles, he is a 2nd great grandchild of my Joseph. He didn't know even what I do. I just found where Joseph and one of his son's are buried in Kansas and have gotten death dates. With this info I've order death certificates. I've also located obits for Joseph and one of his sons. I should have the obits this week but the death certificate won't be here for another 3 to 4 weeks.

Basically this is what I have and know. I have census records for Joseph starting in 1880 in Kansas and ending in 1920 at 70 years of age. These census records state that he and his two sons (John and Harry) were born in PA. My grandfather's hand written notes state that the sons were born in Pittsburgh, PA in 1875 and 1877.

I guess these obits that I'm receiving are quit extensive. I have high hopes of learning something new from them.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Rob Ruth

Posted: 5 Nov 2001 2:22PM GMT
Edited: 13 Nov 2001 4:09AM GMT
Rob, I thank you for your responce. My gr-grandfather was born in 1868 or 69.. His full name is Joseph Cartwright Rigby. He married a Tillie Mae Tutt in 1904. I do know or it has been told he had alot of brother's and sisters. One named George and the other James. George apparently had land and my grandfather went there often to help out on the land. ( farming). Don't really know if it was Ky. or what. I also know there is a Winifred ( Winnie) Rigby somewhere in this line.. If this seems to help please let me know.
Thank You Barbara

I also am Looking for a James Batsell Rigby, he had children but lost them to adoption.. If anyone asks

Posted: 24 Mar 2003 1:10AM GMT
Edited: 24 Aug 2004 11:34PM GMT
In Pine Creek Presby Cemetery (now in Fox Chapel Boro.);
Our Mother Mary Wife of Reuben M. Rigby Born Oct. 24, 1810 Died Oct. 18, 1851
4/5 unmarked spaces to stones right
This is NE of Pittsburgh, Pa.
Church's records start in 1863

Re: Rigby in Pennsylvania - Seth and Eli

Posted: 20 Jul 2009 12:42AM GMT
Does anyone know how Seth Rigby III was related to Eli Rigby, who his widowed mother-in-law had married? I'm assuming they were related, though I don't know for certain. I'm a descendant of the Carsons.

Thanks!

Cindy

Posted: 20 Jul 2009 6:45PM GMT
Do you have any dates that will help narrow the field? I have 5 Seth Rigbys and 2 Eli Rigbys in my tree.

Posted: 20 Jul 2009 10:22PM GMT
Thank you for responding! The Seth and Eli I am asking about are:

Seth b. abt 1837 in Pennsylvania m. Elizabeth Carson

Eli b. 1823 in Pennsylvania m. Susan/Susanna Fitzpatrick Carson

Cindy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic