Search for content in message boards

Clarendon, Jamaica Mckenzie

Clarendon, Jamaica Mckenzie

Posted: 10 May 2004 6:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
My Grandma Alice is from the McKenzie family of Clarendon, Jamaica (Kellitz).. of mixed origin from England, Scotland etc;
Her mother's name was Ethyl who died around 1958. I do not have much information on names but she had 12 siblings ? One brother named Vivian and a sister named Vivine? (this sister's last known maiden name/ address was Richardson/ Florida).
Please feel free to contact me with any leads or info. Thanks.

Re: Clarendon, Jamaica Mckenzie

Posted: 8 Aug 2004 12:07PM GMT
Surnames: Mckenzie
My cousin name was Mckenzie. I know his father lives in Jamaica, but sometimes he comes to visit us in the US. I might be able to help you find your relatives. He is also from a mix background England, Scotland and I think German. Contact me.

Posted: 25 May 2010 6:40AM GMT
Hi I started using Ancestry.com today and saw your post for the McKenzie family i wonder if their is a link with the following info:

Hi I'm trying to trace my family all I have is the names MOODY (Kingston) and McKenzie (St Catherine / Clerendon or Kingston?) and LETTMAN

I'm not sure if JAMES MOODY is the owner's name or my ancestor who was a slave in late 1700's to mid 1800's
A female ancestor was named JANE or LUCY from same time frame.

Recent relatives include ETHLINE, VERONICA, SYLVIA, JAMES MOODY (all deceased from KINGSTON) and LEE-ROY McKENZIE born 1920-30's (my father, lived Jamaica & miami now believed deceased) Mr CNO McKENZIE (deceased, lived Birmingham UK)both sons of Maude Mckenzie

The only info about the McKENZIE line is that the original owner came from Scotland or Ireland.

hope this helps you.

I believe the LETTMAN side of family is Jewish

All info / advice would be useful and appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Posted: 13 Jun 2011 8:13PM GMT
Hi i saw you post from the McKenzie Family Jamaica. My father was also from Clarendon(Kellitz) JA his younger sister was name Alice I knew as a child. The last time I saw her was in Florida, more than 15 years ago. My father was name Nicolas McKenzie and lives in England up to his death in November 1990. I don't really know very much about my family history on my father's side except he had 12 siblings and his two sons who I believe both still live in Jamaica.

Posted: 7 Aug 2011 1:14AM GMT
My great grand mother's name was Tiza Albertha Mckenzie who married to Wilmot Theodore Shelton in Portland, Jamaica or (Surrey)

Posted: 11 Aug 2011 3:38PM GMT
Hi just read your post. Was you great grandmother's name Alice Hannah B. 1925 her borther Vivan Fredick B.1921 Vinneth May B. 1930 ? Their mother's name was Etheal Sinclair who married to Frederick Mckenzie. Feel free to contact me.

Posted: 11 Aug 2011 3:50PM GMT
Hi, tried a couple of times to reply to your post but it didn't seem to work. I believe we are from the same Mckenzie family. Was your aunty called Alice Hannah B.1925 Jericho, Kellits ? had sisters called Lilly, Doris, Christianna, Gwendaline, Hersalina and Vinneth B.19xx and brothers called Vivan Frederick B.1921, Thomas Gordon B.192x. Contact me when you can

Posted: 12 Aug 2011 12:14PM GMT
Hi I got your message recently. Alice Hannah was my aunt who lived in England when I was young but went back to Jamaica, then to Florida where I last saw her more then 15 years ago when I went with my mother. We also visited I believe Vinneth at her home and later her sister in Florida. It has been a long time since I seen them and my mother too has now passed away. I do recognise some of the others names in you post like Doris, and Vivan or Viv for short but again I am not sure. It is embarrassing that I don't know everyone names as I don't know a lot about my fathers other siblings. Please do reply when you can.

Posted: 12 Aug 2011 12:34PM GMT
Surnames: McKenzie
Alice Hannah was my aunt who lived in England when I was young but went back to Jamaica, then to Florida where I last saw her more then 15 years ago when I went with my mother. We also visited I believe Vinneth at her home and later her sister. It has been a long time since I seen them and my mother too has passed away. I do recognise some of the others names in you post like Doris, and Vivan or Viv for short but again I am not sure. It is embarrassing that I don't know everyone names as I don't know a lot about my fathers other siblings.

Posted: 12 Aug 2011 8:05PM GMT
Surnames: Mckenzie
Hi there, the Mckenzie family tree is huge. If the DOB is correct for Alice then her father was Frederick Mckenzie B. 1882 and her mother was Etheal Sinclair married 1912. Before Frederick was married many years before he had my grandmother Floris, she was half sister to Alice and the other siblings. Fredeick had a younger brother called Charles who married Etheal's sister Laura in 1924. Other siblings are Martha B.1863, Paul B.1867, Titus B.1868,
John B.1870, Josiah B.1872, Johanna B.1874, Ann B.1876, Leonora B.1878, Isacc B.1880, Jemima B.1884. Frederick's father was Nicholas Mckenzie B.1830's his mother was Leonorah Robinson B.1843. Her mother was Mary a Berry B.1819 her fathers name was John Robinson it is possible to trace their family in the slave registers.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.