Search for content in message boards

Indiana Corr's

Indiana Corr's

Posted: 7 Mar 2004 8:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Corr, Carr, Coor
I am looking for the parents of Francis Marion (b:1830), William b: abt 1829), and Charles G. (b: abt 1826). All 3 were born in Indiana. According to the 1850 IN, Monroe Co. census, their mother's name was Jane. Both she and her husband were born in Ireland, according to later census. There may have been other children. Monroe Co. records use the last names Corr, Carr, and Coor throughout so that I can't tell if this is the same family. Both William and Francis ended up in Iowa and went by Corr. I haven't tracked Charles for sure yet. Frances maried Mary C. Arnold and William married Nancy Parr. I descend from F.M. and Mary's daughter Lyda who married Newman Dwight Leavitt. If this family sounds familiar and you'd like to exchange info, please contact me. Elsie

Re: Indiana Corr's

Posted: 6 Jan 2010 3:47PM GMT
Surnames: Corr, Goodwin
The parents of Charles G., William, and Francis Marion Corr were Hugh Corr (b. 1787, d. 7/16/1830) and Jane Goodwin (b. 1790, d. 1884). Both Hugh and Jane appear to have emigrated from Ireland ca. 1818. They are buried together in the Hindustan, IN cemetery. William and Francis (Frank) moved to Iowa ca. 1855 and are listed as farmers in the

I am looking for information on Mary C. Arnold (b. 8/4/1840, d. 1/25/1886), who married Frank on 4/30/1858. Her father was from Indiana, her mother from Kentucky. That is all I know of the Arnold branch.

Posted: 31 Mar 2010 2:05AM GMT
Elsie, please contact me at my tnwhume@hotmail.com address. I've made the connection between my family and yours through William Corr and Nancy Parr Arnold. I found something in my grandfather's obit that makes it a "for sure" connection. I found something on Charles G., too.
Willie

Posted: 18 Jul 2011 11:10PM GMT
Hello,
I noticed you are working on the Corr family. I descend from Wm and Nancy Corr. I have shared info with Willie Hume. Just wondering if you have info that I don't have.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.