Search for content in message boards

Melrose, Georgetown, or Weller Connections

Melrose, Georgetown, or Weller Connections

John O'Brien (View posts)
Posted: 6 Sep 2005 12:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
I would like to exchange genealogy information regarding individuals and families that have connections to the Melrose, Georgetown or Weller areas. I have a genealogy database of over 11,000 individuals, digital photos of all of the headstones in the associated cemetaries, and a large file of obituaries. I am interested in expanding the database and filling in blanks. Please contact me if you have information which you would like to share or would like to have information which I may have.

Best regards.

Re: Melrose, Georgetown, or Weller Connections

Posted: 14 Oct 2005 3:27PM GMT
Hello John O'Brien, My O'Connor and Barry families are buried in Melrose. Do you have a photo of a Mathew Mulhall stone in Gerogetown? Write to me directly at tocnroc@aol.com

jo jackson (View posts)
Posted: 16 Feb 2006 5:34PM GMT
Surnames: O'Brien, Barron, Fitzgerald
I have checked in with you prior, but just looking over Monroe Co. site again. My Patrick Fitzgerald with wife Catherine Quilan, came to Monroe Co. in mid 1800's, living near Weller.
I have not found obit for Patrick, who died in 1892. Would you please check your records to see, if you might have it? I have been to Weller several time and have pix of stone.
Another family is the Barron, who settled in the Weller area.
Hannah Barron married the above Pat and Catherine's first son, Michael.
Hannah had three brothers, James, Sylvester (both which I have info on) and Nicholas. I have never found any info about this Nicholas Barron. Do you have an info on him?
Another family is the O'Brien-Patrick and Ellen Devane who are buried in St.Pats at Georgetown. Listed on his stone is
M.Devine O'Brien, brother of Patrick
born Parish of Dingle, Kerry Co., Ireland
died Sept. 1888 age 70 yrs.
Do you have any info on this M. Devine O'Brien?
I thought it was interesting his middle name was a variation of Patrick's wife maiden name?
Thanks,

Diane Kline (View posts)
Posted: 24 Apr 2006 5:12PM GMT
Surnames: Kline, Palyo
I am interested in finding genealogy information on my husbands family. I have been unable to find out very little.
I was wondering if you would have any information on the family of Mike Paylo(Anna Argritz) or Joseph Kline(Anna Sickel) grandparents of my husband. John Kline(Veronica Paylo) husbands parents.
The information I have found is very limited.
Thank you for any information that you may have.
Sincerely

John O'Brien (View posts)
Posted: 26 Apr 2006 12:52AM GMT
Following is the obit for Veronica Joan Paylo which appeared in the Ottumwa Courier and the Albia Newspaper:

Veronica Joan Kline, 85, of rural Melrose, died Feb. 19, 2003, at the Lucas County Health Center, Chariton.

She was born April 13,1917 at Consol to Mike Vernon and Anna Hritz Paylo Sr. She married John L. Kline Aug. 9, 1950 at Adel. He preceded her in death April 8, 1963.

She farmed with her husband. She was a former member of St. Mary's Catholic Church, Weller and a member of the Altar and Rosary Society.

She is survived by two sons, John Kline, Jr. of Mount Pleasant and Paul Kline of Melrose; daughter, Margaret Beakler of Melrose; three grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.

She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband; four sisters, Anna Keith, Helen Ronchetti, Margaret DeVine, and Mary Paylo; and brother, Mike V. Paylo, Jr.

Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Peter's Catholic Church, Lovilia with Rev. Scott Lemaster officiating. Burial will be at St. Mary's Cemetery, Weller.

Visitation will begin after noon today (Friday) at Winfield Funeral Home, Albia with the family present from 6 to 8 p.m. Wake service will be at 7:45 p.m.

Memorials may be made to the family.

Source: Ottumwa Courier, Feb. 21, 2003
Veronica Joan Kline, 85, of rural Melrose, died Wednesday, Feb. 19, 2003, at the Lucas County Health Center in Chariton. Funeral services were 10:30 a.m., Saturday, Feb. 22, 2003, at St. Peter’s Catholic Church in Lovilia, Rev. Scott Lemaster officiating. Burial was in St. Mary’s Cemetery in Weller.

She was born April 13, 1917, in Consol to Mike Vernon and Anna Hritz Paylo, Sr. She married John L. Kline Aug. 9, 1950 at the Dallas County Courthouse in Adel. He died April 8, 1963. She was a homemaker and helped farm the family farm. She was a former member of St. Mary’s Catholic Church in Weller and its Altar and Rosary Society. She loved to play bingo and listen to country music. She enjoyed gardening and flowers, sitting ouside on her porch and being around people, visiting.

She is survived by two sons, John Kline, Jr. of Mt. Pleasant and Paul Kline of Melrose; one daughter, Margaret Beakler of Melrose; three grandchildren, Audrey Beakler, Gwen Sharb and Tim Kline; and four great-grandchildren.

She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband; four sisters, Anna Keith, Helen Ronchetti, Margaret DeVine, and Mary Paylo; and one brother, Mike V. Paylo, Jr.

Memorials may be made to the family.Winfield Funeral Home of Albia was in charge of arrangements.

Source: Albia Newspapers, Feb. 25, 2003

John L. Kline, 1913 - 1`963
Veronica J. Kline, 1917 -

Joseph Kline 1869 - 1934 "Father"

John Sickle March 14, 1858 - Jan. 2-, 1938

George Kline, May 6, 1911 - July 2, 1993

Annie Kline, 1885 - 1973 "Mother"

Margaret Kline, 1877 - 1932

Alonzo Kline 1880 - 1920

Best regards.

Posted: 6 Jan 2007 7:58PM GMT
Surnames: Tierney, Bingaman,Flahive and Cullinan
Hi John,
I would be most anxious to share info with you regarding my family history in Monroe Co. My grandparents ran the small country store in Weller in the early 30's (my Mother was born in the store in fact!) I think I'm related to most of Monroe Co.but don't have as much info as I would love to have..would be very happy to share whatever I have with you.You can email me direct at tierney@acegroup.cc if you'd like.
Take Care
Jo

Posted: 8 Jan 2007 4:12PM GMT
Surnames: Crall, Sickels
Hello!
I find it very interesting that you have acquired all of this information and congratulate you.
I have Georgetown roots. Crall, Healey, etc... Theodore Patrick Crall was my grandfather ... his dad Stephen Crall. Would like to know if there is a "baby" Crall in the Georgetown cemetary as none of those records are transcribed. Or even just a list or something from the cemetary. My gpas father was a coal miner.
You can also email me direct if you would like. danaut1@aol.com.
Thanks in advance

Posted: 8 May 2007 1:54AM GMT
I was doing some research on the Paylo family and came across your obit of Veronica Joan Kline. I am sure that her father Mike Vernon Paylo is the brother of my grandfather George Paylo of Benld, Illinois. I remember as a child hearing about Grandpa Paylo's brother Mike from Iowa. His daughter Helen Ronchetti is a first cousin of my father John Paylo and she lived in Wilsonville, IL for many years. She passed away several years ago. I would like to hear from you.
Sincerely, Rosemarie Paylo Rhodes
rmrhodes@frontiernet.net

Posted: 9 May 2007 1:28PM GMT
I have responded with a direct e-mail which contains the limited amount of genealogy information that I have for the Kline and Paylo surnames.

Best regards.

John O'Brien

Posted: 10 May 2007 1:50AM GMT
I have reason to believe that Mike V. Paylo is the brother of my grandfather George Paylo. After reading Veronica Joan Paylo Kline's obit and seeing her sisters names, I feel like I have found a part of my family puzzle. I lived with my grandparents for two and a half years (1944-1947) and I remember seeing my grandfather's brother Mike from Iowa. I remember his wife being called Anna and all the siblings of Helen (Paylo) Ronchetti. My father was John J. Paylo and he often talked about his cousins from Iowa. He said they lived on a farm and he always wished he was a farmer. It must have rubbed off on me because I married an Illinois farmer.

I would love to hear from you.

Rosemarie Paylo Rhodes
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.