Search for content in message boards

Family tree

Family tree

Amy Henschel (View posts)
Posted: 7 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Privitera, Barone, Tonuzzi
Information about the descendents of Guiseppe Privitera (3-19-1862-3-29-1952) and Antonina Barone(2-14-1869-10-22-1923) from ValleDolmo area of Sicily.
Parents of Guiseppe are Frank Privitera and Teresa. Parents of Antonina were Libario Barone and Luigia Tonuzzi

Barone

Angel Rogers (View posts)
Posted: 5 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Barone
I have a great grandmother who was from the Sicily,Valledolmo area, too. Her name was Theresa Barone and I believe her sisters were named Rosaria age 18 in 1885, Francesca age 10 in 1885, Antonina age 20 in 1885 a brother Domenico age 2 in 1885 and a 7 mo. old sister named Giuseppa.I found them on a ships passenger list that arrived in New York May 1, 1885 on the ship Gottardo.Does any of this sound familiar??

New-email

Posted: 19 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 9 May 2002 6:58PM GMT
Surnames: Barone
I just wanted to correct the e-mail address in case anyone answered this query. My new address is gonewiththewind@uswest.net Thanks Angel Rogers

Giuseppe Privitera Family

Posted: 21 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 15 Sep 2013 10:31PM GMT
Surnames: Cascio, Privitera, Barone
Dear Amy,

My name is Gwen Cascio. I am researching my husband's family. His Great Grandfather is Giuseppe Privitera b: abt 1855 in Valledolmo, Palermo, Sicily, Italy. He married Crocefissa Sciarrino b: abt 1858 in Valledolmo. They had 6 children I know of. 1) Joseph b: abt 1879 in Valledolmo married a Jenny 2) Michael or Michele b:abt 1881 Valledolmo married a Mary 3) Russell b: abt 1883 Valledolmo 4) Francis b: abt 1885 Valledolmo married Sam Comella and came to the U.S. 5) Cologera b: 1887 d: in infancy 6) Cologera b: 22 Jan 1889 Valledolmo married Vincenzo Cascio. My husband comes from the 4th child of Cologera and Vincenzo. He is Samuel Cascio. My husband is Dennis, Sam's 3rd child. Yes we tie in with Barones from Valledolmo too. A Maria Barone b: abt 1855 Would love to hear from you. Thanks.

Sciarrino

Joe De La Cerda (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Sciarrino, Di Mauro, Armone, Cuomo, Roccaforte
Dear Gwen Cascio,
My great-grandfather, Giovanni Sciarrino was born in Busicquino, Palermo, Sicily, in 1853. It could be a stretch, but maybe your Crocefissa Sciarrino b.1858, is related to Giovanni, somehow?
Good Luck,
Joe De La Cerda

Your Goivanni Sciarrino

Posted: 30 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 2:27AM GMT
Surnames: Sciarrino
Dear Joe,
Great to hear from you. A pleasure to find a fellow researcher on the Sciarrino surname. I checked a map of Sicily. I was unable to find Busicquino. Could you possibly mean Bisaquino? That is 60 KL from Valledolmo and my Crocefissa Sciarrino. We are probably related closer than through Adam but I don't know how big of a stretch it is. 60 KL is quite a distance. Would love to hear if you find a origin on the surname or anything else interesting. Good luck on your research.

Sincerely, Gwen Cascio

Sciarrino

Joe De La Cerda (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Dear Gwen,
Thank-you for responding.
Sorry about mispelling Bisacquino.
I have found several sites that list surname roots. Below is one site I keep a hardcopy on the info:

homepage.interaccess.com/~arduinit/names/names12

Titled "The Arabic Roots of some Sicilian Names", says,
"Sciarrino - Arabic: sharrii which means 'impetuous,' 'bold.' "

This is all I have right now regarding the orgin of the Sciarrino name.

Good Luck on your research,
Joe De La Cerda

Re: Barone

Jim LoScalzo (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jul 2001 4:00PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Barone,Cunningham,Falcone, Redden
I am trying to find for a friend his mother Rose Barone 1210 Ogdin Ave. Bronx N.Y. Rose Mother was Loretta Falcone Father Filippe Barone Any relation??
Thanks
Jim

Re: Sciarrino

Posted: 25 Nov 2004 5:06AM GMT
Joe, are you related to the Schilleci family from Bisacquino?

Re: Barone

Posted: 16 Jun 2008 3:33PM GMT
Hi
I am currently researching my ancestry. As I was going through my notes I found a document for Francesco Scibetta death before 1821 his spouse was Antonina Leone and their child was Antonin Scibetta born: 1751 and died 1821 she was married to Domenico Barone. My family to is from Sicily near Valledermo if you think you can make a connection please contact me. Here are the surnames: Scibetta, Maita, Zaccone, Manzo. Thank you for your consideration. Joyce
per page

Find a board about a specific topic