Search for content in message boards

Seeking Photo of Benjamin Lane Posey

Seeking Photo of Benjamin Lane Posey

Posted: 11 Jun 2009 4:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am seeking a photo of my great grandfather, Benjamin Lane Posey, born in 1832 in Abbenville, SC. He also resided in Mobile, Alabama, Bay St. Louis, Ms, and Colorado until his death in 1888. He is buried in Hancock County, Ms.

Re: Seeking Photo of Benjamin Lane Posey

Posted: 3 Apr 2011 10:13PM GMT
Surnames: Posey
There is an article about his Civil War Escape on the new on line source of the Virginia Tech project. The article is in the Macon GA newspaper. I found the site via Dick Eastman's Genealogy site today.

Posted: 4 Apr 2011 1:07PM GMT
Thanks for the info, I have a short story on that and wonder if it is the same thing. Could you send me a link? He is an elusive ancestor. He met with Jeff Davis (it is in his appointment book and they fought together in the Spanish American War of 1847) in the fall of 1864. He complained of Hood's defense of Atlanta and was arrested and Courts Martialed out of the CSA Army in Feb, 1865. I cannot find the case nor a picture of him. I have been told I look like him and sure would like to find a pic.

Posted: 4 Apr 2011 3:53PM GMT
Just wondering who his father was? I had POSEY's from SC too, from Bartlett/Bartley POSEY's line.
Jerry

Posted: 4 Apr 2011 6:22PM GMT
Surnames: Posey
The link is https://dcr.emd.vt.edu.vital/access/manager/Index

The site is run by Virginia Tech. I e-mailed them yesterday because there was just one column of the story posted and there was evidently more. It was interesting. I am the admin. of the Posey DNA Project. Maybe we'll get more people to test from the line. Even if your last name isn't Posey you can get the family finder test and possibly link up to some Poseys. Libby

Posted: 4 Apr 2011 6:23PM GMT
In regards to my last post. After getting on the VA Tech site you need to enter Posey in the search box. Libby

Posted: 5 Apr 2011 1:31PM GMT
Benjamin Lane Posey and Sarah Sample were his parents. I live 40 miles from Abbeville and the whole area is rife with Poseys' as they were some of the original settlers.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.