Search for content in message boards

New Richmond

New Richmond

Posted: 8 Feb 2011 3:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Feb 2011 1:48PM GMT
Iam looking for a cemetery in New Richmond, Ohio. I found the death certificate of a relative of mine, and burial place on the certificate is simply listed as New Richmond, Ohio. Is there only one cemetery there? And does anyone know of the name of it? Any help would be appreciated. I have attached his death certificate below.
Attachments:

Re: New Richmond

Posted: 20 Feb 2011 10:22PM GMT
www.newrichmond.org is the website for the town,it appears pretty small,just east of Cincinnati.It has a history of the town section with older pics,very interesting.I do not know much about a cemetery but I bet you could get info from the website on who to contact about it,hope this bit helps in your search! Sarah

Posted: 22 Feb 2011 2:52PM GMT
It would be my guess that your ancestor's body was transported to New Richmond in Clermont County. And he was probably interred in a cemetery near the town, though there doesn't seem to be any cemetery by that specific name. For a map showing the locations of all Clermont cemeteries go to: http://www.usgwtombstones.org/ohio/maps/clermont/countymap.h... The Clermont County GenWeb site http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~ohclermo/ contains a wonderful amount of information about the cemeteries within the county and has links to additional sites. I'd check them all out as you might even find your ancestor on one of the many sites. The two cemeteries listed closest to New Richmond are the Greenmound/Green Mound Cemetery and the Moreland/Moreland Memorial Cemetery.

Posted: 1 Jun 2011 9:36PM GMT
The death cert. lists the name of mortuary. I looked that up and got their phone #(740) 353-4146. If you haven't already, call them and give them the info. They probably have the records and where he was buried. I may be able to help you from there. I have relatives buried in New Richmond and I know of 3 different cemeteries plus a small church cemetery.

Posted: 6 Jun 2011 4:51PM GMT
I called them. The only information they still have is also listed as New Richmond. Do you have the names of the cemeteries? I could possibly call their offices to see if they have him buried there. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Katie

Posted: 7 Jun 2011 1:20PM GMT
Mt. Zion Cemetery
Greenmound Cemetery
Franklin Chapel Cemetery(methodist church)
Watkins Cemetery
Moreland Cemetery
Pierce Township Cemetery
Point Pleasant Cemetery
If you type in New Richmond Ohio Cemeteries these will come up. Hope it helps.

Posted: 22 Jun 2011 5:43PM GMT
Thanks so much!
Katie

Posted: 18 Feb 2013 2:16PM GMT
Did you find who you were looking for? I live near New Richmond, and would be willing to take a picture for you if you give the info.

I would only be able to do it on a nice day during the week. I have a 6 1/2 month old and don't want to take her out in the cold, and have a son in preschool. But I will take a photo for you. :)

Posted: 5 Apr 2013 11:42PM GMT
I know this thread is very old I saw this thread about New Richmond and wondered did you get your answer?

I can help if you still need it.
Regards,
Linda Shuck
Historic New Richmond, Inc.
New Richmond, OH

Our cemetaries are Green Mound and Watkins Hill and the catholic cemetary on 10 mile Rd

Posted: 17 Aug 2013 4:00AM GMT
Surnames: Martin
Hi,

I'm searching for a Silas Martin and his wife, Elizabeth (Payton, Peden, etc), he died between 1870-1880, Elizabeth was still living in New Richmond in 1880, haven't found her after that. One of their grandchildren, Nellie Ray (mn Martin) Welch is buried in Watkins Hill (according to her death record), and I'm hoping the rest of the family might be there also.

Do you have access to the cemetery records? Do you know where I can look for the information if you don't have it?

Thank you, Nancyanne
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.