Search for content in message boards

Mallow family Pendleton County WV

Mallow family Pendleton County WV

Sandra Keltner (View posts)
Posted: 26 Oct 2001 12:27AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mallow, Miller, Bush, Harman, Reed
I would be interested in exchanging info with anyone researching the Mallow (Mallo) line of Rockingham County, Va - later, Pendleton County WV. The following Mallows: Johan Michael b1728, Henry b.1758, George Sr b.1786, George Jr b.1816, George Washington b.1848, and Abraham b.1869. Also, their wives families: Miller, Bush (Busch), Harman (Harmon), Reed (Read), Benson.

Re: Mallow family Pendleton County WV

Melissa Saville (View posts)
Posted: 27 Nov 2001 7:23PM GMT
Those are my ancestors. I found most of my information off of the web, but I can help you out with any missing information. My great grandmother was Gertrude Mallow.

Posted: 27 Nov 2001 7:42PM GMT
Surnames: Mallow, Harman, Bush, Stingley
Thank you for answering, Melissa. I'm looking for information on Leonard Bush, father of Catherine Bush who married George Mallow, Sr. I have conflicting info re: Catherine Stingley. I'm also in the process of trying to document with birth, marriage and death records the line back from George Washington Mallow to Johann Michael Mallo and I would like to know if anyone has photos of Rebecca Harman Mallow or George Mallow Jr or other family. Thanks, Sandy

missy saville (View posts)
Posted: 27 Nov 2001 8:53PM GMT
Nice to hear from you. I unfortunately don't have any pictures. I found all this info on the internet... but what I do know is.... George, son of Henry and Magdaline Mallow, married Catherine Bush Feb 5, 1806. Catherine was the daughter of Leonard and Catherine Stingley Bush. They had 6 children in the original settlement on Mallow's Run. Do you need to know their children?

Posted: 27 Nov 2001 9:34PM GMT
Surnames: Mallow, Bush, Stingley
Thank you, Melissa. Actually, there are two Leonard Bush families that claim Catherine Stingley as his wife. One went to Ohio about 1790 with Lewis Bush and the other stayed in Pendleton County - each with a different set of children. There is evidence that the Leonard Bush that remained in Pendleton was married to a Catherine but I'm trying to find proof that the Catherine that remained in Pendleton County was born Stingley (or something else). - Sandy

Melissa (View posts)
Posted: 28 Nov 2001 6:38PM GMT
So, how are you related to the Mallows?

Posted: 28 Nov 2001 9:00PM GMT
Surnames: Mallow, Reed
I am a greatgranddaughter of Abraham William Mallow, son of George Washington Mallow and Sarah Reed. I was born Sandra Lee Mallow.

Posted: 12 Dec 2001 5:48PM GMT
Surnames: Mallow Bush Stingley Powers
Melissa - I've found info that indicates the Catherine Bush that married George Mallow Sr was the daughter of Leonard Bush and Catherine Powers (aka Bowers). Leonard was the son of Leonard Bush Sr and Catherine Stingley. There were 2 Leonards and four Catherines (each Leonard married a Catherine and each couple named a daughter Catherine). No wonder there is confusion. If you'd like all the right birthdates etc.,let me know - Sandy

Posted: 12 Dec 2001 6:24PM GMT
Surnames: Mallow Stingley Bush Powers
Melissa - I was assembling my paperwork with the new info I was given and the dates don't add up for the Catherine Bush who married George Mallow Sr to be the daughter of Leonard Jr. She could only be the daughter of Leonard Sr and Catherine Stingley. I did find another list of their children which is attributed to the family Bible -it is as follows (and includes Catherine): Children of Leonard Bush and Catherine Stingley - Sarah b. Dec 26, 1776, Leonard b. Dec 4. 1778; Abraham b. Aug 27, 1780; Mary b. Oct 14, 1782, Elizabeth b. June 23, 1784; Catherine b. Mar 17, 1786; Jacob b. Jan 12, 1788; Susannah b. Oct 27, 1789, Rachel b. Sept 12, 1791; Daniel b. May 4, 1793; Magdaline b. May 4, 1793; Jemimah b. Feb 2, 1796; Naomi b Mar 6, 1798; and Rebecca b. Sept 16, 1800. Leonard Bush Jr and Catherine Powers dau Catherine was b. Oct 4, 1816.

Posted: 27 Sep 2002 11:08PM GMT
Edited: 1 Oct 2002 1:39AM GMT
Hi,
Saw your posting and am also interested in exchanging information. I am a direct descendant of Michael through Ruhama Jane Mallow. My family including my grandmother who was Ruhama's grand daughter still reside in West Virginia close to Pendleton County in Grant County. My information is limited as I am just start starting my research, but I would still be interested in knowing how you tie in and what you have found out. If you would be interested in talkig with me, feel free to email me anytime at noelanilyn81@hotmail.com. Thank you, Paula
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.