Search for content in message boards

Gard/Garde/De La Garde

Gard/Garde/De La Garde

peta (View posts)
Posted: 5 Apr 2002 11:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
There was another Gard family in Australia arrived 1836/7 John & Wife Ann they had children- Jane Gard, William De La Garde, Emma Gard, John ... Richard... Laura Gard and Constance De La Garde. Cannot find birth cert. for John or Richard, do you have these people as your forefathers ? We have family tree except for these 2 decendents.

Re: Gard/Garde/De La Garde

Clarrie (View posts)
Posted: 6 Apr 2002 9:39AM GMT
Did they come from Ireland?

Clarrie (View posts)
Posted: 6 Apr 2002 9:40AM GMT
Surnames: GARD GARDE
Did they settle in NSW and Qld?

peta (View posts)
Posted: 6 Apr 2002 10:31AM GMT
John Gard/Delagarde & wife Ann Gard (nee morton)settled in NSW first with daugter Jane Elizabeth, William then came John, Emma, Richard they then moved to Victoria and had Laura and Constance where John died 1854 and Ann 1856 my GG Grandfather William married an Elizabeth Sneedon they had a daughter Elizabeth Euphemia De La Garde the mother died during child birth then William remarried Ellen Boddington they had 10 Children

peta (View posts)
Posted: 6 Apr 2002 10:33AM GMT
No John was a Sea Captain the came from England but his background was French

Clarrie (View posts)
Posted: 23 Apr 2002 11:56AM GMT
Surnames: Gard, Garde
They are a different family from ours, it would appear.

Clarrie (View posts)
Posted: 27 Oct 2002 12:10PM GMT
Hi. would that Jane Gard be the same Jane Gard who narried William or John Maskey in NSW? She lived at Inverell.

Posted: 28 Dec 2009 3:51AM GMT
Hi,
Some 7+ years later, this is a late query. John & Ann De la Gard were my GGG Grandparents. Their son William married Ellen Boddington and had Victoria Alice De la gard who married Earnest Thomas Davis. They had my grandmother, Thelma Davis.
Would love to know more about the original couple's origins??

Cheers
Paula

Posted: 10 Jul 2011 5:14AM GMT
Hi - Victoria Alice Delagarde is my grandmother. She had a daughter Martha with Alec Laudenbach. As far as I can tell Alec took Martha , who was raised by his sister & her husband. I have often wondered what happened to Victoria and would love to know anything at all about her.

Cheers
Veronica
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.