Search for content in message boards

James P. Partlow b 30 Mar 1891 Athens, , OH, m Margaret Baxter 24 Dec 1910

James P. Partlow b 30 Mar 1891 Athens, , OH, m Margaret Baxter 24 Dec 1910

Posted: 16 Apr 2004 9:18PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Edited: 26 Apr 2006 5:28PM GMT
Surnames: Partlow, VanEst, Beall, Castle, Hendricks, McCarthy, and Baxter
Names: Partlow, VanEst, Beall, Castle, Hendricks, McCarthy, and Baxter

From the book cited as: Barth, Harold, B., "History of Columbiana County, Ohio, (Topeka: Historical Publishing Company, 1926, 990 pages) [James P. Partlow sketch, pages 795 - 796.

"James P. PARTLOW is one of the progressive and highly esteemed young businessmen of Salem, where he is vice president and sales manage of the Justice Manufacturing Company. He was born at Athens, Ohio, 30 March 1891, and is a son of Elmer El. and Mary Elizabeth [VANEST] Partlow.

Elmer E. Partlow resides in Salem with his family and is employed by the Salem China Company.

James P. Partlow was reared and educated at East Liverpool and when a young man was employed by the Knowles Taylor & Knowles Pottery Company at that place. He then went to Columbus, OH, and four years later located in Salem, where he was connected with Castle & Beall, as a salesman for the Cleveland automobile. While in their employ he established an excellent selling record. On 23 November 1923, the present business was organized with the following officers: E. C. CASTLE, president; James P. Partlow, vice president; and A. T. BEALL, secretary and treasurer. The above named men, together with Hiram S. HENDRICKS and H. L. MCCARTHY, constitute the board of directors of the company.

The Justice Manufacturing Company are [sic] manufacturers and dealers of the Justice electric washing machine, which is sold throughout the nation. The business is incorporated at $90,000 and has a daily output of 20 washers. In its manufacture a 12 Anchor brand ringer is used, which is made by the Lovell Manufacturing Company of Erie, PA and a General Electric motor.

On 24 December 1910, Mr. Partlow was married to Miss Margaret BAXTER, of East Liverpool, the daughter of Samuel J. and Samantha Baxter, residents of Salem. They are the parents of five children: Esther, born 28 May, 1912, Frank, born 22 May 1915; Mary, born 16 Nov 1917; James P. Jr., born 19 Nov 1921; and Samuel, born 17 Feb 1924.

Mr. Partlow has a wide acquaintance in Columbiana County and is favorably known."
End

Question: who are the parents of Elmer E. Partlow and Mary Elizabeth VanEst?

I have additional information, and am willing to share.

Marc Partlow
mpart74960@aol.com

Re: James P. Partlow b 30 Mar 1891 Athens, , OH, m Margaret Baxter 24 Dec 1910

Tommy Woodward (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jun 2004 11:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: PARTLOW, VAN NEST, CARSEY, VINING, BAILEY
Hello there. I would be glad to help you. James Pearl Partlow (1891-1974) was my granduncle. My grandfather Curtis Partlow (1905-1973) was his younger brother. Elmer and Mary Van Nest Partlow were my great-grandparents. The parents of Elmer and Mary were Moses Ackley Partlow (1848-1926) and Sarah Emeline Carsey Partlow (1850-1892). The Partlows were originally from Meigs County, Ohio. All descendants of Elmer and Mary Partlow, by the way, are descendants of John Alden and Priscilla (Mullins) Alden, passengers on the MAYFLOWER.

You can reach me at OhioNightOwl@aol.com or ohionightowl1963@yahoo.com or by snail mail at

Tommy Woodward
6600 Alpha Dr.
Apt. #117
Kent, Ohio 44240

or Tommy Woodward
c/o Janet Woodward
247 Wells Ave.
Wellsville, Ohio 43968

Look forward to talking to you soon about the Partlow and related lines.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.