Search for content in message boards

Payne/Paine/Payn/Pain Thomas, Ella/Etta Arkansas

Payne/Paine/Payn/Pain Thomas, Ella/Etta Arkansas

C A Moore (View posts)
Posted: 6 Oct 1999 12:28AM GMT
Thomas m. Ella/Etta Scott, probably Crawford county, AR.
Youngest of three girls. Oldest was half sister, Cyntha
Sherman. Second was Jenny. Etta died shortly after birth
of child. Sister went somewhere a good deal away to get
baby bring to OK. Cyntha m. Tom Talley. Jenny m. T.H.
Votaw. Ella's parents believed to be James Rachel Scott.
Ella was Cherokee.If any is familiar please contact.

Thomas Payne of ARK ,Little Rock area

Darline Smith (View posts)
Posted: 7 Nov 1999 5:58PM GMT
Was your Thomas Payne of Indian heritage. I don't know which tribe. He was a half brother of John Smith. His full brother was Tobe Payne. Approximate birthdate was 1865.
Had three sons; Irwin, Tommy, Andy.

THOMAS PAYNE

Posted: 25 Nov 1999 2:17PM GMT
Edited: 24 May 2002 4:20AM GMT
A Thomas Payne signed the death certificate of Andrew Jackson Payne and I can't connect this Thomas. Can you help? (Around LR, AR.)

Payne, Thomas in Arkansas

C A Moore (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jan 2000 4:23PM GMT
Yes. My Thomas Payne was Indian. I believe he was Choctaw. His wife was Cherokee.
Thanks,
mapmaker@flash.net

Posted: 3 Jan 2000 5:37PM GMT
Interesting! I had not thought of him being Choctaw. Do you have any birthdates or time frames on your Thomas Payne? We were never told the name of who he married and if she died after first child he no doubt married again, producing the children we know about. Was this Thomas Payne part of your family? Darline

Thomas Payne in Arkansas

Posted: 3 Jan 2000 5:52PM GMT
Can you tell me what year Thomas Payne signed the death certificate of Andrew Jackson Payne? My Thomas Payne definitely lived in Little Rock, AR in 1900, possibly some years before. Could Andrew Jackson Payne be his father? or brother? We only know that our grandfather, John Smith, was Thomas half-brother. Hope this helps. Darline

Thomas Payne

C A Moore (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jan 2000 5:54PM GMT
Yes he was related. I have Payne's on both sides of my family. She didn't die after the first child. There were one or two children previous.
mapmaker@flash.net

Posted: 3 Jan 2000 6:07PM GMT
Depending upon the time frame, we might have a connection. My Tom Payne evidently lived a colorful life. Darline

thomas payne/andrew J. payne

Posted: 3 Jan 2000 6:21PM GMT
Edited: 24 May 2002 4:20AM GMT
Thomas F. Payne informant on cert on Jan. 18, 1935, burial in Martindale Cemetery and A.J.'s wife listed as Adeline. Hope this helps, one way or another.

Thomas Payne

C A Moore (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jan 2000 6:25PM GMT
Can't really pinpoint a time frame. Ella was believed born after 1871. Her oldest sister who had her baby after she died lived until 1937. My grandmother remembers it but she doesn't know how old she was when it happened. She is 96. It might have been around the 1910's or 20's.
mapmaker@flash.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.