Search for content in message boards

REVELS IN ROBESON

REVELS IN ROBESON

Posted: 14 Jun 2002 3:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Jul 2002 5:01AM GMT
Surnames: Revels
I have found several different versions of our family trees, could anyone please tell me which version is correct and where i can find the proof of this.

1st tree:
Edmund Revell born 1725
Nathanial Revell born abt. 1762
Stephen Revel born abt. 1778
Micajah Revel born abt. 1804
John Wesly Revels b.1844
Maude May Revels b. 1888

2nd tree:
Edmund Revell born 1725
Stephen Micajah Revel b. 1747
Micajah Revels b. 1804
John Wesley Revels b. 1844
Maude May Revels b. 1888

Please Help!!! Which one of these is correct????Will Gladley share any info. i have.

Re: REVELS IN ROBESON

Posted: 18 Jun 2002 6:32AM GMT
The family history i have comes straight from from the diary of effie (revels) delaney and does not include edmund. there are many descendents of macajah living in wi my wife is gggg grandaughter of macajah i have three different geneology books i used to obtain the information i have. as well as information from descendents.

Posted: 18 Jun 2002 6:32AM GMT
The family history i have comes straight from from the diary of effie (revels) delaney and does not include edmund. there are many descendents of macajah living in wi my wife is gggg grandaughter of macajah i have three different geneology books i used to obtain the information i have. as well as information from descendents.

Posted: 18 Jun 2002 8:21AM GMT
Edited: 30 Jul 2002 5:01AM GMT
Surnames: Revels
Reply is under Revels in Robeson, hit wrong button. LOL

Tanya (View posts)
Posted: 25 Oct 2002 4:08PM GMT
I believe it is the second family tree. Stephen was born around 1747. I thought his middle name was Edmond. That would make sense if his father is Edmond.

Posted: 30 Jun 2003 2:54AM GMT
Your second family tree listing is the correct information according to my research. My son's G Grandfather was John Wylie Revels, son of John Wesley & Tempee Revels, son of Mycajah & Morning Revels, son of Stephen Mycajah, son of Edmund Revels, son of Charles, Son of James the Indian from Matomkin. James was a full blood Accomac Indian and was born in 1656. Supposedly he was taken in by an Edmund Revels, either as a bond servant or free will servant. I assume this is how the Revels name came into our lineage - much the same way the slaves took the last names of their masters.

Posted: 6 Nov 2006 5:49AM GMT
how did you find information before edmond? and that bit about the indian?

Marie (View posts)
Posted: 6 Nov 2006 6:05AM GMT
Surnames: Revels, Revel, Revil
The Edmund Revels information I found via census records, and the "indian" information was passed along to me from another researcher, so I cannot absolutely attest to that info since I never saw the supporting documents.

Are you connect to the Revels family line?

Marie

Posted: 6 Nov 2006 6:16AM GMT
yes it goes micajah,aaron,mathew,effie,cecil,conrad and me

Posted: 6 Nov 2006 6:21AM GMT
would love to talk to you threw yahoo messenger
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.