Search for content in message boards

Wilkes Family (UK)

Wilkes Family (UK)

Posted: 30 Nov 2000 4:14PM GMT
Edited: 23 Dec 2001 10:18PM GMT
I'm compiling my family tree and am looking for ancestors of John Holmes and Clara Wilkes who married in Birmingham (UK) Apr 1901... they had children Geoffrey - Norman - Claude - Catherine.. John's father was Edward (or Ediraw) Clara Wilkes parents were David Wilkes and Selina (nee Warner)Info on Holmes and Wilkes families and there predecesors appreciated.. contact by e-mail in first instance. Good luck with YOUR research too...

my father

sandra lynn wilkes edwards (View posts)
Posted: 1 Dec 2000 6:57PM GMT
my name is sandra lynn wilkes my father was gail eugene wilkes who was married to dori wiley i was born nov 16 1941 my birthfather was 23 according to my birth cert my mother was 18i was born in cali it says mr wilkes was born in ohio i cant find any information please some must know somethin

Wilkes Family (Birmingham UK)

Posted: 4 Dec 2000 6:58PM GMT
Hello... don't know of any connectionnns with USA Wilkes in my family.. but if I find anything in my research that may be of use to you.. I will forward it on
Good luck in your researc too

Wilks Family History

Posted: 15 Jan 2001 9:33PM GMT
Edited: 29 Dec 2001 4:04AM GMT
Dear Chris,
I believe there may be a connection between our families. My Great Grandfather was James Wilks(birthdate around 1830 in Birmingham, England). I do not know any of his siblings but he was married to Ann Darroll and they owned one of the Swan Restaurant and Inns there. They had 14 children the youngest one being my grandfather, Henry Darroll Wilks born Aug. 31st, 1867,I do not know any of the siblings names. Henry and his wife, Catherine Airy Cook Douglas, came to Canada in 1911 with their daughter Mary (Maize) and son (my Father) Walter Charles Douglas Wilks.
They moved to Cincinnati, OH in 1923 which is where I was born and still live. I am looking for names of Henry's siblings and Jame's siblings. I also wish to go back further than James. Being both our families are from Birmingham there is a good chance we could be from the same line. Do any of these names sound familiar to you. I hope we can help each other. I would love to here from you. My e-mail address is Nakoma4058@aol.com. Contact me if you think there may be a connection. Good look on you search.

Sincerely,
Leah Hand

JAMES WILKS 1829 from England (Brewer)

Posted: 16 Jan 2001 7:25PM GMT
Hello Leah..
I think I may have your JAMES and Henry Wilks
Just checking info and I'll mail you in the nexe day or two... hope they ARE your relatives...

James and Henry Wilks

Posted: 16 Jan 2001 8:01PM GMT
Edited: 29 Dec 2001 4:04AM GMT
Chris,
Thank you so much. I have been researching on line for a few months and have not been getting any where. I am taking a trip to England in March and hope to find out more before I go. It would be so great to visit places that have a connection to my family and would be even better if I could find some of them. My father had 2 sisters, one who died as an infant and the other 2 years before his death. His sister had one son my cousin Bruce who has always kind of been a loner and we were never close to. He lives here in Cincinnati but I have not seen him for years. He is in his 60's now and I am 42. I think I may call him and see if he has any info that I do not have. Your help is greatly appreciated. I am anxious to hear back from you.

Leah Hand

Re: Wilkes Family (UK) Mary Ann Wilkes/Thomas Booth

Posted: 5 Nov 2007 8:51AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BOOTH, WILKES
I am not sure whether MARY ANN WILKES (born 1837) has anything to do with your family but I would like to find out more about her. She married THOMAS BOOTH (1837-1882) circa 1856 in BIRMINGHAM and they raised a large family, although Clara is not one of the children. Thomas Booth died at the age of 46 and I can find nothing further about Mary Ann after his death. I wondered whether she had remarried after Thomas' death. If anyone can tell me more about Mary Ann Wilkes, I would be very grateful.

Regards,

Jean

Re: Wilkes Family (UK)

Posted: 1 Jan 2009 7:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: wilkes marsh
hi,wishing you a happy new year. my grandad was thomas albert wilkes b 1875 ? dont know where he m luoisa marsh b 25/11/1889 from hollinsend sheffield. louisa d 1946.thomas albert died 1955 ages 77 they m in hunslet w yorks my mum alway said her dad thomas albert came from birmingham and was in barnados home they lived at low barugh darton barnsley s yorks. thankyou for your time take care wendy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic