Search for content in message boards

Ship "Johan van Oldenbarnevelt" and Bata Company

Ship "Johan van Oldenbarnevelt" and Bata Company

Posted: 12 Jan 2012 9:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Jan 2012 2:52PM GMT
Surnames: van Oldenbarnevelt
In the picture (http://navraty.webgarden.cz/johan-van-oldenbarnevelt) are employees of Czech Bata Companies (from Zlin , Czech Republic ), who traveled per ship Johan van Oldenbarnevelt; departing 1939 (around April or May). I am looking for names of passengers.

Re: Ship "Johan van Oldenbarnevelt" and Bata Company

Posted: 10 Feb 2012 2:50PM GMT
This ship belonging to the Nederland Line sailed from Amsterdam to the East Indies - so where were they going from and to?

Posted: 12 Feb 2012 9:12AM GMT
It was the route - Europe (Port unknown) - NY Ellis Island.

Posted: 12 Feb 2012 12:04PM GMT

For nine years the Johan van Oldenbarnevelt sailed the companies’ route from Amsterdam to the Dutch East Indies, together with her sister ship the Marnix van St Aldegonde. In addition they also operated a number of pleasure cruises to Scandinavia and other destinations and their “Easter cruises” were especially popular! Then on August 30, 1939 Johan van Oldenbarnevelt under Captain P. J. Bakker operated a single return voyage (39) from Rotterdam to New York under charter to Holland America Line. But upon her return to Amsterdam she resumed her East Indies service voyage 40 on September 27, However due to the war and with the Netherlands having been occupied by Germany, the Johan van Oldenbarnevelt returned to Genoa Italy and operated her next two voyages (41 and 42) from Genoa to the East Indies, although voyage 42 was under Captain K. J. van der Laan. However things were about to change!

Found this by googling Johan van Oldenbarnevelt, sorry lost the link but if you do the same you should find it - although am not sure if the dates are the same as yours, but it did have passenger lists. Hope this helps

Posted: 12 Feb 2012 12:10PM GMT
Many thanks to you . Your data is important to me . Please can you help me find the passenger list ?

Posted: 12 Feb 2012 12:45PM GMT
As suggested. Google "ship Johan van Oldenbarnevelt"

Posted: 12 Feb 2012 1:32PM GMT
Thank you. On Google, I searched many times, but lists pasežerů of 1939 I not found. Maybe I'm looking wrong.

Posted: 12 Feb 2012 7:40PM GMT
You will just have to keep on searching - not all passenger lists are available. As she was chartered to the Holland America Line try that, if the list has been published it will be somewhere. If it has not there is nothing you can do.

Posted: 13 Feb 2012 5:05AM GMT
Your ship arrived in NY on September 9, 1939 with about 40 passengers whose passage was paid for by BATA and whose final destination was BATA Shoe Co., Baltimore, MD.

Is there someone specific whom you seek?

Posted: 13 Feb 2012 8:50AM GMT
Thank you for your message is important to me . I need a list of passengers Bata company . For these people live my g-g-aunt , but she not remembers the names of their passengers. These people then pomálali build a factory in Belcamp and learn to produce shoes.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.