Search for content in message boards

Vigil Surname

Vigil Surname

Posted: 13 Oct 2000 2:27PM GMT
Edited: 19 Oct 2003 2:54AM GMT
Hi Mike
Being a member of the Club and a Descendant of Francisco Montez Vigil. My Wife's mother maiden is Vigil, I have been researching the Name VIGIL. Her ancestors with very little success, any way I did find this information on the origin of the Vigil name.
THE ORIGIN and HISTORY of
VIGIL
The "Vigil" family name originated in Piedmont, located in ITALY. Documented and authenticated by our historians using the most reliable resources, which accompany each family history scroll.

I have also researched mine and my wife,s surname origins, Valdez, Vallejos and Manzanares.
Henry

New Mexico Vigil's

Posted: 14 Oct 2000 12:27AM GMT
Edited: 17 Aug 2003 7:51PM GMT
Hi Henry, didn't know you were a member of the Vigil Genealogy Club. Read Mike Vigil's 9/16/2000 response to Javier so you can find out your roots. Apparently we were all working on a range for Francisco Montes Vigil, all us Indians, and that is how we got our name.

New Mexico Vigil's

Posted: 14 Oct 2000 12:50PM GMT
Edited: 19 Oct 2003 2:54AM GMT
Hi Maria C
I became a member of the VGC believing that when a person joins a Club as defined by the dictionary (CLUB), an association of persons for a common object, jointly supported. Any member should be available for support to another member, that is my belief.
You have supplied me with a vast amount of information for my research of both my mother and her ancestors, some happen to be Vigil, about 17 generations.
As for the VIGIL roots of my family probably being Indians, that may be true which makes me very proud. Who knows most of us are, as the saying goes (Heinz 57).
If I may add, you have been exceptionally helpfull in assisting me, by providing me with information from the vast records you have. Your unselfishness can be attested by me. I will close by saying keep up the good work! Henry Valdez

New Mexico Vigils

Posted: 20 Feb 2001 6:05AM GMT
Edited: 13 Aug 2006 1:57AM GMT
Maria,

As an authority on NM Vigils (Los Vigiles,)I am in need of your assistance. Our earliest record is Loreto Vigil (b. 1830) married to Maria Antonia Ulibarri (1832). They are the parents of my Great-Grandfather Blas. I would deeply appreciate any information you might have!

Thank You
Margaret Rodriguez Callahan

New Mexico Vigils

Posted: 20 Feb 2001 6:05AM GMT
Maria,

As an authority on NM Vigils (Los Vigiles,)I am in need of your assistance. Our earliest record is Loreto Vigil (b. 1830) married to Maria Antonia Ulibarri (1832). They are the parents of my Great-Grandfather Blas. I would deeply appreciate any information you might have!

Thank You
Margaret Rodriguez Callahan
mcall22@msn.com
Posted: 20 Feb 2001 11:39AM GMT
While I may well have the ancestors of Loreto Vigil in my database, I do not have him or wife. I have a Loreto Vigil married to Reymunda Medina, in the area of Trinidad, CO. I have not done much research in the area of Las Vegas, San Miguel del Vado, Pecos, NM area, which I am concentrating on now. Ulibarri sounds like a name from that part of NM, I may be wrong. Tell me what area in NM your Vigil was from. mariam@vanion.com

Vigil - Ulibarri Search

Posted: 21 Feb 2001 6:52AM GMT
Hello Maria,

All of my family living in New Mexico came from San Miguel County. My father's side, Rodriguez, Sanchez, Gallegos and Pacheco seemed to live in the Sapello area. The Pacheco family had a ranch where they had orchards, horse pastures, etc. and they also ran a flour mill near there. Dad said his grandmother, Prudencia (married to Jose Mariano Sanchez) looked native Indian, but had red hair.

My mother's side, Vigil and Bernal were near Las Vegas. My mother says her Grandfather, Juan Froylan Bernal had two ranches near there and was married to an Indian (unknown tribe) woman named Rosa.

I hope any of this information will be helpful. I sure appreciate your efforts!

Regards,
Margie Callahan

Re: New Mexico Vigil's

Posted: 16 Aug 2001 3:12AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Vigil, Vegil, Vijil
Maria - I had a chance to look at your book at the NHGS library in Denver. I didn't see any names in my line, but my Vigil family lived in and around Los Vigiles, San Miguel County, NM. Earliest name: Loreto, father of Blas Vigil who fathered Jose Loreto Vigil (my grandfather). They lived in this area until about 1924 when the family moved to and settled in Northern Colorado (Greeley area). Any information in the Los Vigiles region? Thanks. Margie Callahan

Posted: 16 Aug 2001 2:34PM GMT
Surnames: Vigil
Margaret, my e-mail address is mariam@vanion.com. If you will send me yours I can communicate with you directly. I will look in my dbase for your names. NHGS has the older book, Francisco Montes Vigil, I have since printed a third edition. They do not have the Domingo Montes Vigil book that I am aware of, and I have over 5000 descendants listed there. They do have Descendants of Juan Montes Vigil. Juan only had two surviving children, a son named Manuel and a daughter Manuela de la Luz, therefore his Vigil surname descendants are few, and Sanchez and other surnames many.

Posted: 28 Aug 2001 3:31AM GMT
Edited: 10 Sep 2003 1:14AM GMT
Thank you Maria for replying to my inquiry. Sorry it took a while to respond - lost my connection for a while. My email address is mcall22@msn.com and mcall22@hotmail.com. Either one will come to me. I appreciate your help in finding my Vigil family! Margie Callahan.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.