Search for content in message boards

ROBINSON

ROBINSON

Posted: 30 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 7:50PM GMT
Surnames: ROBINSON
Seeking any reference or leads to the family of AMASA ROBINSON. This AMASA b. 1790's, moved to ONEIDA AND OSWEGO CO, NY from Windham Co., CT. He m. MILA GIBBONS OF HAMPDEN CO., MA in 1810's. Any clues or leads greatly appreciated!

amasa

Paul Robinson (View posts)
Posted: 6 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Robinson
T
Timothy Robinson had a son amasa b 1764 moved to Ashford Conn
married Harmoney ? your Amasa may be an offspring.Ihave more if your interested.

Amasa Robinson

Cherie Johnson (View posts)
Posted: 12 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT

You wouldn't think that Amasa is a common name. I am related to Amasa Robinson b.28Feb1772, m. to Prudence Howe. Parents were Jared Robinson and Mary Thompson. Maybe there is some family connected between the two Amasa's? I'll let you know if I find one.

ROBINSON, Amasa

Posted: 6 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 7 Jul 2001 10:30PM GMT
Surnames: ROBINSON, BOUTELLE
I have a Marsha BOUTELL(E), b. 12 Sep 1797 in Ashford, Windham, CT. At age 37, in Ashford, she married Amasa ROBINSON. Does this tie in with anybody? Thank you. Al

Re: Amasa Robinson

Jennifer Setinek (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jun 2002 2:37AM GMT
I, too, am related to Amasa Robinson, son of Jared and Mary Robinson... We've followed the Robinsons up to 1610, and then a dead end. I wonder if you have any information beyond Jacob Robinson of New Haven, CT born 1672? Perhaps I can fill in some information for you, thanks, Jennifer

Tanya Spaulding (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jun 2002 9:16AM GMT
Surnames: robinson
Hi and thank you for your reply to queries regarding Amasa Robinson. I descend from Amasa Robinson, born 1814, (married Amelia Leach), Oneida Cty NY. His father was Amasa Robinson, (married Mila Gibbons), born 1786, died 1833 in Vienna, Oneida Cty, NY. We are stumped as to this elder Amasa's parentage. He doesn't seem to fit into the Jacob/Jared Robinson line, (although Jacob is a frequent name in his family) nor does he seem to fit any PA Robinsons. Do you have a link that would highlight this 1786 Amasa and his connection to Jared Robinson line?
I have bundles of research into Jared Robinson and would be willing to interact to campare holdings and share research . I have a fascinating account of a court case in which a son of Jared fraudulently claims his father's military pension and gets caught legally but disappears from the record! Tanya

Jennifer (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jun 2002 9:36AM GMT
Hi and thank you for your reply to queries regarding Amasa Robinson. I descend from Amasa Robinson, born 1814, (married Amelia Leach), Oneida Cty NY. His father was Amasa Robinson, (married Mila Gibbons), born 1786, died 1833 in Vienna, Oneida Cty, NY. We are stumped as to this elder Amasa's parentage. He doesn't seem to fit into the Jacob/Jared Robinson line, (although Jacob is a frequent name in his family) nor does he seem to fit any PA Robinsons. Do you have a link that would highlight this 1786 Amasa and his connection to Jared Robinson line?
I have bundles of research into Jared Robinson and would be willing to interact to campare holdings and share research . I have a fascinating account of a court case in which a son of Jared fraudulently claims his father's military pension and gets caught legally but disappears from the record! Tanya

Jennifer Setinek (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jun 2002 11:11AM GMT
Surnames: Robinson, Moulthrop, Thompson, Howe
Tanya, I'm sorry, but I think your Amasa Sr. Robinson is not the same ancestor as our Amasa Robinson. Our Amasa Sr. was born to Eliakim and Lydia Moulthrop in 1747 in Woodbridge, CT, I don't know who he was married to. Jared Robinson and Mary Thompson had an "Amasa Jr. " in Feb. 1772 in Forkston PA. He married Prudence Norton Howe in 1849. They had my direct ancestor, William Riley. I have, of course, found some discrepancies with what I've just written, seems I have at EVERY juncture in this family! It may be possible that our "Amasa Jr" had an Amasa of his own, or that one of his siblings had an Amasa. I'll keep an eye out for you...
And, the son who fraudulently lied of the year of Jared's death (in order to receive a thousand dollars from the government) was Amasa himself. See the Wyoming County site. (Sorry don't the hotlink in front of me). good luck, Jennifer

Posted: 11 Feb 2009 4:54PM GMT
Classification: Pension
Edited: 12 Feb 2009 12:25PM GMT
Hi Jennifer

I am also a descendant of Jacob Robinson -> Eliakim -> Jared -> Amasa -> William Riley -> Hiram -> Marvin -> Herbert -> Robert -> myself. I just want to correct you on your post from a few years back and for anyone else who sees this. Amasa was not the one who committed fraud. He was involved in the investigation into who was doing it. In a letter to the Pension department, Amasa signed an affidavit showing that his father, Jared, died in 1810 and not in 1826 as the defrauder claimed. From all evidence, it appears that Jared's son, Ziba, was the one who tried and successfully claimed his father's pension.
Scott Robinson - Evansville, WI

Posted: 4 Jan 2011 11:44PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jan 2011 2:26PM GMT
The ROBINSON who liedto gain his Father Jared's pension was Ziba ROBINSON who resided in Otsego co., NY. The affidavit Amasa gave for the Warrantee Grant was the correct date of their father Jared's death. Ziba was married in Otsego, the first wife died there, he then came to Luzerne Co, windham Twp and married his second wife Clarissa (SEWARD) SWETLAND, a widow. when he was exposed he left and went back to Otsego Co. When Clarissa died he married a third wife Clarinda. I have 40 plus years of research on this family. Can I help. Jean BREWER
per page

Find a board about a specific topic