Search for content in message boards

WALSH William

WALSH William

annette sherriff (View posts)
Posted: 16 Nov 2001 6:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Nov 2001 9:52PM GMT
Surnames: LAREDO,WALSH,GALVIN,EMERSON,WILLISCROFT,SHELTON,PREWER,HAMPTON,SHERRIFF,WOODCOCK,GREGORY,STEWART
I am currently researching sll these names in Tasmania and am having problems putting some of the links together please if your linked to any of these surnames can you contact me. In the message I need your date of birth, parents full names and dates of birth and grand parents names and dates of birth /marriage if possible it is then easier to work out the link.
If you have knowledge back to your great grand parents which is where most people would link up under the age of 40 it would be easier. Also looking for Laredo links in New Zealand/South Africa and Mexico. thankyou annette.

William Walsh m Mary Ann Ball, Epaminondas Laredo m Catherine Galvin, John Shepherd m Sarah Gregory, John Barrett and Mary Barrett, along with John age 6, Arthur born on voyage came out from England on the "Southern Eagle" in 1857. Most of these people proceeded to have families in Launceston, Deloraine, Black Forest, Pt Sorell, Turners Marsh,etc
Posted: 17 Nov 2001 11:49PM GMT
Edited: 19 Apr 2005 6:01PM GMT
Surnames: SHELTON, JONES, HICKEY
Hello Annette,
I'm interested in your Shelton connection. Please refer to my family line below.
Thanks
John Hammond

Thomas Curtis Shelton, son of Thomas Curtis Shelton and Bridget Hickey, was born 1871. He married Ellen Blanche Jones 4 March 1894 in Hobart, Tasmania, daughter of James Jones and Charlotte Stacey. She was born 28 August 1873 in Lewisham, Tasmania. Registered at Sorell, Tasmania, and died 1 September 1944.

Children of Thomas Shelton and Ellen Jones are:
1. Donald Thomas3 Shelton, born 2 July 1894 in Hobart, Tasmania; died 15 September 1970.
2. Chester Leslie Shelton, born 23 July 1898 in Hobart, Tasmania; died 2 May 1943.
3. Norman James Shelton, born 1901 in Hobart, Tasmania; died 17 February 1984.
4. Vincent Shelton. He married Lillian
5. Raymond Shelton.

WILLISCROFT Alfred

Posted: 18 Nov 2001 7:24AM GMT
Edited: 18 Dec 2004 11:56PM GMT
Surnames: WILLISCROFT ELLIOT WEEKS HAWKES HAMILTON BOWER WEST LAREDO
Hello Annette

I'm researching the Williscroft's. Alfred Henry WILLISCROFT married May LAREDO 1901. Alfred was born 23 Apr 1882 the son of Alexander George WILLISCROFT and Harriet WEBBER. Alexander was born in St. Germain, Cornwall, England in 1852. Alexander was the son of William WILLISCROFT & Mary WIDDESCOMBE. William was born c.1831 Newfoundland. William was the sion of Alexander WILLISCROFT and Jane HOSKINS. Alexander was born 1794 Ireland.

Alfred's father Alexander arrived in Tasmania c. 1879. He and Harriet had seven known children, three born in Cornwall and four born in Holbart.

A John Williscroft was also in Tasmania in 1828 a convict who had a death sentence commuted to life for highway robbery but no close relationship to other Williscrofts mentioned.
Posted: 16 Mar 2003 8:17AM GMT
Edited: 29 Jun 2004 1:12PM GMT
Surnames: Sherriff,Woods
If you are looking for descendants of Benjamin, George or Humphrey Sherriff transported to Tasmania 1839-1841 you can get all the information that you need on the sherriff family dating from 1525 to 1995 in a book written by a Sherriff descendant Laurie Woods. Email me if you would like a contact number. My name is Annette Sherriff as well.l Scary hey!!

Thomas WALSH

Christine (View posts)
Posted: 20 Nov 2003 8:20AM GMT
Edited: 27 Nov 2003 8:12PM GMT
Surnames: Walsh,Cumming,Brackenridge,Ball,Shadbolt,Sherriff,Tucker,Lunson
Researching Wm. Walsh and Mary Ann Ball's son Thomas Walsh b. 1853 m. Janet Alexandra Cumming. Their daughter Ethel Jean b. 1881 m. Shadbolt our line. Ethel's sister Margaret m. Humphrey Sherriff. What is the Laredo connection, was there another marriage of Wm. ? I have an Epaminondas Walsh in another family line connected to Tuckers and Lunson so I am curious for a tie in. Any info. would be useful.

Ada Mabel Rowbottom

Posted: 13 Mar 2004 11:48PM GMT
Edited: 8 Sep 2004 1:01AM GMT
Surnames: Sherriff,Rowbottom,Yeates ,Turner
Hi from NSW
I am trying to match up Ada Mabel Rowbottom (b: 15/2/1887) granddaughter of Charles and Sarah nee Sherriff of Deloraine Tas . Ada married 1909 to Alfred Ernest Yeates .
I am doing a tree on the Yeates Turner families for a friend who has very little info .
Are you able to help out?
Thanks Peggy

Re: Sherriff

Posted: 16 Mar 2004 6:49AM GMT
Edited: 29 Jun 2004 1:12PM GMT
Peggy, Have info that may be useful to you. Please contact me direct via email aporter55@dodo.com.au
Thanks Annette

Re: Sherriff

Wayne Sherriff (View posts)
Posted: 17 Mar 2004 3:35AM GMT
Hi
Benjamin SHERRIFF is a direct relation of mine. I am interested in the book that you mentioned written by Laurie Woods and a contact number.

I look forward to your reply.

best regards
Wayne Sherriff

Re: WALSH William

Posted: 30 May 2009 6:31AM GMT
Just read your entry re:- Walsh etc of Deloraine areas, I am researching William Christopher walsh and Lilli Sherriff,also Laredo/laredo etc please contatc me

Re: WALSH William

Posted: 9 Aug 2009 6:54AM GMT
Hi Annette, We've made contact before. I have William Walsh and Mary Ann Ball in my Cumming relos
Wm & Mary's son Charles b. 1 June 1851 m 4 Oct 1876 Janet Cumming
Wm & Mary's son Thomas b. 15 Jan 1853 m 1875 Jean Alexandra Cumming

I also have Laredo connections -
Wm & Mary's son William Edward b 3 Mar 1849 m Maria Laredo 1916
Emmanual John Laredo b 22 Nov 1861 m 1889 Martha Florence Larcombe

The Larcombe connection is through my family of Leah Larcombe b. 1834 daug of Matthew Larcombe. Leah married into my grandfather Morey family of NW Coast
The Cumming connection is via Ethel Jean Walsh (b.1881) dau of Thomas Walsh and Jean Cumming who married Alfred John Shadbolt b. 1876. Alfred John's daughter is my mother in law
Find me on stineway@bigpond.com.au
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.