Search for content in message boards

OBIT Jim Gibson 1922-2008

OBIT Jim Gibson 1922-2008

Posted: 20 Jan 2008 12:40AM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: Gibson, Sizemore
NOTE: I DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS INDIVIDUAL. JUST POSTING THE OBITUARY ON JIM GIBSON FROM THE HAMILTON (OH) JOURNAL-NEWS 1/19/08

Jim Gibson, Age 85 of Kevington Drive London, KY (formerly of Laurel County) passed away January 17, 2008 at Marymount Medical Center. He was born May 6 1922 Leslie County, KY. He worken in Maintenance with the Pillsbury Company. He was a veteran serving in the US Army. He was a member of the First Pentecostal Church, London, KY. He is survived by his wife, Lillie (Sizemore) Gibson of London, KY; daughters, Janet Mayer of London, KY, Jessie Louise Gibson and husband Doug Jones of Ft. Meyers, FL; son, Wendell Gibson and wife Sandra of Hamilton, OH; grandchildren , Kristina Marie Stivers of Oxford, OH, Sherry Ann Hocking of Hamilton, OH, Jon Anton Mayer II of Katy, TX, Alex Douglas Jones of Tampa, FL; sisters, Bertha Begley of Hyden, KY, Laura Hamm of Norwood, OH; grandchildren: 4; great-grandchildren. He was preceded in death by his parents, sisters, Mildred Ledford of Hamilton, OH and Alli Norton of Hamilton, OH. Visitation will be conducted January 19, 2008 6:00 p.m. London Funeral Home Chapel. Funeral Services will be conducted January 20, 2008 2:00 p.m. London Funeral Home with Bro. Vernon Jarvis officiating. Burial A.R. Dyche Memorial Park, London, KY with the local D.A.V in charge of military honors.

Re: OBIT Jim Gibson 1922-2008

Posted: 3 Feb 2008 7:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
This is my Grandfather's brother (Burley Gibson). His Parents were Dave B. Gibson and Sally West of Hyden Kentucky.

Posted: 17 Feb 2008 8:02PM GMT
This is My Grandmothers brother.
Her name was sophia Gibson(peace)(Stephenson). she died in the late 80's
the obit said that his sisters mildred and allie were died.
I know for a fact that they are still alive.I sent them a christmas card.

Posted: 17 Feb 2008 8:07PM GMT
Jim Gibson was my grandmothers brother Sophia Gibson(peace)
her children, Faye, Lois, Velma , Jessie Robert.

Posted: 18 Feb 2008 12:11AM GMT
Oh my! Wonder who wrote the obituary?

Posted: 18 Feb 2008 5:24PM GMT
Surnames: Gibson, West, Sizemore
This is my Uncle Jim. The obit has several errors. Here is what should have been printed:

Preceded in death by: his parents: David and Sally West Gibson;three granddaughters: Terri Lynn Jarvis, Martha and Louise Jones; four brothers: Burley Gibson, Lawton Gibson, Ebb Gibson and Bob Gibson; four sisters: Rhoda Johnson, Hallie Sizemore, Mollie Sizemore and Sophie Stephenson.

Survived by his wife: Lille Sizemore Gibson; daughters: Janet Mayer and Jessie Louise Gibson & husband, Doug Jones; son Wendell Gibson & wife Sandra; four sisters: Bertha Begley, Laura Hamm, Mildred Ledford and Allie Norton; four grandchildren: Sherry Hocking, Tina Stivers, Jon Anton Mayer II and Alex Jones; seven great grandchildren: Joshua Stivers, Brett Perkinson, Brandon Perkinson, Jon Anton Mayer III, Sydney Stivers, Lauren Mayer and Zack Jones.

Uncle Jim was in the Army based at Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941. He was one of the fortunate ones who survived the attack.

Posted: 1 Mar 2008 5:07PM GMT
Hi Carla
Burley was my Grandpa. I remember meeting Great Uncle Jim many time. Lat time I saw him was a Grandma's (Malkie) funeral. I was in Iraq during Grandpa's (Burley) funeral.

Posted: 4 Mar 2008 5:18PM GMT
Iam trying to locate family members of my GGdad,his name was Issac Ike Gibson he lived on Bullskin in Clay cty,he is buried at Fairview cem. he was marreied to Dora Couch any Help would be appreciated. Astor Johnson

Posted: 4 Mar 2008 5:31PM GMT
My Great Grandfather's name was Issac 'Ike" Gibson, but his wives were Polly and Drew. He is buried at the Gibson Cemetery on Bullskin. I wonder if your Ike and mine were possibly related...

Posted: 4 Mar 2008 8:42PM GMT
My gfather was Holt Gibson, his brother had a store there at Onieda his name was joe. Thier sister was june, she married Roe Collins and they lived there at Brutus.any of this sound familiar? Could you gave me soom information on your Ike? thanks Astor my e-mail is : Ajohns@columbus.rr.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.