Search for content in message boards

German Felton's

German Felton's

David Felton (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jun 2002 12:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
I found June Felton's posting and looked up some info in my records which I inherited from a family member. The German Felton's apparently came from Alsace and changed their name from Veltin to Felton when the came to America.

"Johann Heinrich Veltin, born March 4, 1725 in Hanhofen, Alsace, was married to Maria Eval Gallman of Hatten, Alsace. They had six children and all came over on the ship "Hamilton" which they probably embarked in England. They arrived in Philadelphia port on October 6, 1776. They werw apparently Lutheran, and are buried in a Lutheren ce,etery in Germantown, PA.".

I never followed up on the above, but am happy to provide the info and correspond with anyone who may have more information.

My email address is Gaijinboy1960@netscape.net

David L. Felton
in Maryland

Re: German Felton's

Posted: 16 Jun 2010 2:52AM GMT
Surnames: FELTON
These Felton's are my family. I would like to share with you if possible.

Posted: 21 Aug 2010 8:55PM GMT
Surnames: Felten, Tibbitt, Hinchman
David's post is from 8 years ago. But this is my line also. The Veltins came over on the HAMILTON in 1760.

My line is:
John Henry Felton + Maria Gallman
- Godfrey Felten + Elizabeth Page
- Anthony Felten + Catherine Sink
- Oscar Fitzallen Felten + Margaret Miller
- Winnfield Scott Felten + Marian Hinchman
- Elise Felten + William H. Tibbitt

Where does your family branch off?

Posted: 24 Aug 2010 1:35AM GMT
Surnames: FELTON
I have just replied to you on another thread of this board. You sent me a source for my family. I guess we are related from the original settler: John Henry Felton. I did not have the Hamilton information. Thanks. I have some information linked to John Henry from [BURGERT, ANNETTE K. Eighteenth Century Emigrants from the Northern Alsace to America. Camden, ME: Picton Press, 1992. 690p.] from Ancestry.com. It has a Joh. Heinrich Felton and wife Eva Gallmann and six children coming to PA in 1767. Have you seen that?

My line:

John Henry Felton + Maria Eve Gallman
Christian Felton + Margaret Hellerman
Christian Felton + Catherine Clingerman
Jacob Felton + Elizabeth Karns
Anthony Karns Felton + Amanda Derr

Posted: 11 Oct 2010 4:39AM GMT
Yes, thank you.

Here's a copy of John Henry's "signature" from the manifest. someone sent it to me awhile back; wish he'd sent the whole page, but at least we have this.
Attachments:

Posted: 6 Nov 2010 2:36AM GMT
I come from this line of Felton's as well. With your line, my information stops at Anthony and Catherine Sink. I have a 191 page pdf file of Descendants of Hans Veltin. Would like to share information.

Posted: 3 Jul 2013 10:04PM GMT
hello david..i am maryland smith butler..my grandmother was maryland mellon from her mother was catherine orba weaverly whom is from joseph garllick that married eve felton..my email is marylandbutler@gmail.com i sure would love to see what u have..if u dont mind

Posted: 30 Jul 2013 11:09PM GMT
marylandbutler

I am in the same line as David. I have a Eve Felton, but married to a Jacob Garlick, not Joseph. My Eve Felton was born 6 Dec 1789 and died 11 Jan 1873. Is this the same Eve Felton you have? Willing to share information.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.