Search for content in message boards

Joseph Louis Barrow (Joe Louis)

Joseph Louis Barrow (Joe Louis)

Jon Butterfield (View posts)
Posted: 23 Sep 2000 8:57PM GMT
I am researching my family history and have recently heard that I am supposedly related to Joseph Louis Barrow other-wise known as the great boxer Joe Louis. I would like to know if anyone has a family tree for him and if anyone knows his first wifes name. Thanks for any help you can give.

(joe)joseph lewis barrow

sandra rivers (View posts)
Posted: 19 Oct 2000 7:45AM GMT
Hello,

I read your message. My great-grand
mother was a first cousin to Joe Lewis.Not
sure whether he's on her mother or father's
side of the family. I'll try to get more
information.

Sandra

other relatives

sandra rivers (View posts)
Posted: 19 Oct 2000 11:36AM GMT
Hi Jon,
Just searching more of the surnames'Barrow listing and
saw Clyde Barrow (of BonnieClyde fame). I
know it may sound far fetched, but could there be
any connection between the two family lines?
Just wondering.

Sandra

Related to Joe Louis Barrow

Posted: 25 Nov 2000 9:03PM GMT
Edited: 18 Feb 2003 2:50PM GMT
My grandmother was Joe's First Cousin both of their dads were brothers. My grandmother's dads name was Anthony Barrow. Born and raised in Lafayette,AL. Joe's dad name was Monroe Barrow. Anthony and Monroe mom name was Rena Wright Barrow and their dad was name Napolean Barrow. If you need more information look me up my great aunt lives in Lanett AL and she knows history

Related to Joe Louis Barrow

Aqueelah Taylor (View posts)
Posted: 1 Dec 2000 12:01PM GMT
Hello Cuz
My Grandfather's name was Albert Barrow.My mom's name is Julia Barrow-Lewis. Please contact me and let me know how much information you have about the family. I wanted to start a Barrow Family web site. Where do you live, I live the Detroit area. By the I have sibling live in the Buckalu Mountain, in Lafayette on the land and there is a family cementary there that maybe we can identify family members. I can be reach by email. I can then give you my phone number
Looking forward to talking.

Related to Joe

Aqueelah Taylor (View posts)
Posted: 1 Dec 2000 12:12PM GMT
Well you have found what you're looking for my mom and Joe are first cousins and I have the family tree information. Email me and see how information we can share

related to Joe

Posted: 8 Feb 2001 7:20PM GMT
Edited: 21 Nov 2001 7:19PM GMT
My great-grandmother, Anna Lue Barrow-Heath was Joe's cousin on her father's side. His name was Irvin Barrow. He was born in Lafeyette or Lanett Alabama around 1887.
I think we are related. So let's compare info. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Dante
Reverenddme368@cs.com

Joe "Lewis" Barrow Grave location

Robert Barrow (View posts)
Posted: 21 May 2001 1:06PM GMT
FYI: Joe "Lewis" Barrow is buried in Baltimore National Cemetery in Baltimore Maryland. Joe was a boxer, if this is the same relative that you speak of. There are a number of Barrow lines in Maryland, although Joe's line may have taken the Barrow name from a slave owner from which his family was freed from. There are "White" and "Black" lines in Maryland which are very hard to trace. I just wanted to pass this information on to your family for researching your lines. My line comes from a "White" Virginia line dated 1700's. I haven't linked myself to any slave owners, but have found a few other lines that were slave owners. Best of luck in your research. Robert

Joe "Lewis" Barrow

Robert Barrow (View posts)
Posted: 21 May 2001 1:12PM GMT
FYI: Joe "Lewis" Barrow is buried in Baltimore National Cemetery in Baltimore Maryland. Joe was a "Black" boxer, if this is the same relative that you speak of. Clyde Barrow was a "White" bank robber from the Dallas Texas area. There are a number of Barrow lines in Maryland, although Joe's line may have taken the Barrow name from a slave owner from which his family was freed from. There are "White" and "Black" lines in Maryland which are very hard to trace. I just wanted to pass this information on to your family for researching your lines. My line comes from a "White" Virginia line dated 1700's. I haven't linked myself to any slave owners, or to Clyde, but have found a few other lines that were slave owners and other lines that come close to Clyde. Best of luck in your research. Robert

Re: Joseph Louis Barrow (Joe Louis)

Posted: 2 Jun 2003 8:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Do you have any info on Joseph Butterfield? Living around the 1800, m. to Adiline Henry. We need his birth date, where he was born, his death date, and where he died.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.