Ruth Emerson (View posts)
Posted: 8 Feb 2001 8:39PM GMT
I am looking for info on Emerson's who
live(d) in Irland and/or Ontario

Emerson from Ireland/Ontario

Melissa (View posts)
Posted: 18 Feb 2001 7:43PM GMT
Hi Ruth,
I'm not sure exactly who or what you are looking for but I believe my Great Great Grandfather and mother came from Ireland to Ontario. It could've even been my Great Grandparents. My Great Grandfather was Edward James Holmes Ward Emerson whom he married Abigail McQuire. His parents (my GR. GR. Grandparents were Robert & Margaret Emerson nee. Robinson). I don't know if this is any help to you or if it's even the right line of descendants. Let me know. Thanks Melissa
You may contact me at my email address sissa6@hotmail.com
Posted: 29 Mar 2001 5:23AM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 7:13PM GMT
i haven't gotten that far back.but what i know is they are from ga. & ok. from around 1850.i have a g.aunt ruth emerson & thought by chance we could be same family. any help would be great.kathy emerson thompson

re;ruth emerson

Posted: 29 Mar 2001 5:24AM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 7:13PM GMT
i haven't gotten that far back.but what i know is they are from ga. & ok. from around 1850.i have a g.aunt ruth emerson & thought by chance we could be same family. any help would be great.kathy emerson thompson

Emerson

Ruth (View posts)
Posted: 31 Mar 2001 8:19PM GMT
Does anyone know where the name EMERSON originated from....I seem to be stuck, I can only get back to my GreatGrandfathers generation....My father seems to think that he came from Ireland but I can find no info at all about Emersons in Ireland

Emersons in Ireland

Robert Emerson (View posts)
Posted: 6 Apr 2001 8:57PM GMT
I'm not sure if this helps, but we believe our branch of Emersons came over with other Scotch-Irish. My Gr,Gr, Grandfather William McCurdy Emerson's diary implies this and he his grandmother was an Armstrong who's family came from the Ulster area of Ireland after previously immigrating from Scotland.

Re: Emersons...Ontario Irland

Posted: 27 Jul 2001 3:22AM GMT
Edited: 23 Oct 2002 2:01AM GMT
Surnames: Emerson, Harrigan, Armstrong, Britton, Richards
By any chance are your Emersons the same that came over from Ireland on a sail boat with the Britton, Harrigans, Armstrongs, Emersons & Richards?

Thanks
Jeannie

Norma Watson (View posts)
Posted: 26 Sep 2001 10:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have a John Emerson(b 1814 Ireland) m Elizabeth(b1814 Ireland) who came to Hastings County,Ontario. They had 8 children one of whom, Ann Jane, married David Phillips in 1858 in Hungerford Twp.

Re: Emerson

G. Delahanty (View posts)
Posted: 6 Nov 2002 12:15AM GMT
My great grandfather William Emerson emigrated from Ireland in 1850. I found him and his brother George on a ship's passenger list. But that's as far back as I can go - don't know where he lived in Ireland.

Posted: 25 Jan 2007 7:56PM GMT
Hi Jeannie,

I am related to the Brittons and Emmersons from Ireland and immigrated to Ontario. Thomas Britton was my Gr Gr Grandfather.

April
per page

Find a board about a specific topic