Search for content in message boards

Ross Family in Hamilton Ontario

Ross Family in Hamilton Ontario

Posted: 9 Aug 2001 8:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Jun 2006 12:22PM GMT
Surnames: Ross, Shean
I am searching for information on John Ross and his wife Mary Shean who emigrated to Canada from Ireland prior to 1851. I believe John was from Cork and Mary - Kerry. I am trying to locate the area they were from in Ireland.

Re: Ross Family in Hamilton Ontario

Doug (View posts)
Posted: 10 Aug 2001 11:59PM GMT
Surnames: Ross
Hi Marilyn,
My daughter forwarded me an email from you inquiring about John Ross. Please contact Margaret Ross, 519-692-5193. She is expecting your call. She unfortunately does not have a computer. Margaret has more details.

There is a John Ross in our family from Ireland. His father's name was David and immigrated approximately 1848.

Doug Ross

Posted: 16 Nov 2001 5:05AM GMT
Edited: 6 Nov 2002 4:13AM GMT
Hi Marilyn!
I believe that your gmother Edith Mildred Ross and my gfather Joseph Reynolds Ross are brother and sister, children of Col. George Ross and Rebecca Chapman. I too am looking for info on John Ross & Mary Shean. Please email me at joanne.ross@shaw.ca as I would be pleased to compare notes and share research with you. Hope to hear from you soon! Joanne :)

Posted: 1 Apr 2002 7:30PM GMT
Edited: 20 May 2005 8:31PM GMT
Surnames: Ross
Doug, My gggrandfather, William Ross, came to Canada in 1846-1848 and settled in or near Hamilton until he moved to Kent County. Hid father was David and his mother was Margaret. I believe he had a brother named John and I would like to find information about John and his family. Does William and his wife Sarah Meredith fit in with your family? Thanks, Darlene
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.