Search for content in message boards

William Long: Bronc rider and saddle maker

William Long: Bronc rider and saddle maker

Posted: 20 Jun 2002 2:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for information about my grandfather William "Bill" Long. He married Earlyne Graves and had 7 children: Carolyn, Diane, John, Jack, Joel, Jeff, and Jubal.

He was a bronc rider out west in Colorado, Wyoming, Montana and Washington in the 50's and 60's. After retiring from that he made saddles for a living.

He died on April 13, 1991.

If anyone has any shred of information on my grandfather or his family, please contact me at wnecgrad01@aol.com

~Shelly

Re: William Long: Bronc rider and saddle maker

Posted: 23 Jul 2011 9:19PM GMT
Hi - I'm Preston Leingang currently residing in SA, TX. I was apprenticed to Bill Long in 1957-59 in Mandan,,ND. Bill was also quite a bronc rider and car nut. Could this possibly be your Grand Father? Pls feel free to contact me. Thanks. Have a pleasant day. pcl

Posted: 18 Jun 2012 9:20PM GMT
Surnames: Long
Hi, I saw this posting and I had to reply. Shelly is my cousin and Bill Long is our grandfather. I would love to talk to you or hear any stories you may have about our grandfather. Please feel free to contact me at brandyjurek@yahoo.com

Brandy Jurek

Posted: 19 Feb 2014 4:27AM GMT
In the latter 60's-early 70's I knew Bill Long from Bill Long Saddle Shop-Spokane washington...,His son John was my best friend...School, drivers ed, horseback riding, workin on and breakin cars, I lost touch when I went into the usmc in 71...After I got out I heard John had moved to Montana to work on a ranch...John and I were blood brothers-indian style...I looked tryin to find John but hell Montana is a big place and I'm just now tryin to learn the internet...I can probably share some stories...If anyone knows John please tell him I'm still alive and kickin...And pass on info...contact: theprophet92@hotmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.