Search for content in message boards

SCARLETT, BOBIER, DOBBYN, MOORHOUSE, DOLSEN, GOSS, McINTOSH

SCARLETT, BOBIER, DOBBYN, MOORHOUSE, DOLSEN, GOSS, McINTOSH

Diane Mack (View posts)
Posted: 13 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am interested in contacting descendants of the above families who all settled around Lambton and Kent Counties.

John Alfred and Elizabeth (MEREDITH) SCARLETT had the following known children:

1) Edward Charles SCARLETT (b. 1796) married Catherine FIELD (1801-1884), daughter of Nathan FIELD and Amy SLAGHT
2) Hester SCARLETT (b. 1800) married Levi? GOSS (b. abt. 1800)
3) Maria SCARLETT (b. abt. 1802) married John Colburn DOLSEN (1804-1831), son of Daniel DOLSEN and Abigail COLBORN
4) Winnifred SCARLETT (b. abt. 1803) married George LAIRD (1799-1879)
5) Alfred SCARLETT (1805-1866) married Julia Ann MERRILL (b. 1809)
6) Esther SCARLETT (1809-1882) married Laughlin McINTOSH (b. 1808)
7) Lorenda SCARLETT (1810-1855) married John MOORHOUSE (1804-1857), son of Thomas MOORHOUSE and Jane HOPKINS
8) Matilda SCARLETT (1811-1857) married John BOBIER, son of Gregory BOBIER and Martha WILLIS
9) Hannah SCARLETT (1817-1852) married Arthur BOBIER, son of Gregory BOBIER and Martha WILLIS

MOORHOUSE

Karen Levy (View posts)
Posted: 28 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT

I have Edgerton Moorhouse, son of Emily and Thomas Moorhouse, married Theoda DeMille, 6 March 1891, in Gore, Chatham Township (Kent Co.). I am interested in the DeMille's at this time, but I have more information on Edgerton and Theoda, if you feel there is a connection. It appears that Edgerton may be a grandson of your Moorhouse. He was born est. 1866/1867, and at the time of his marriage was born in Euphemia Township, place of residence at time of marriage was Gore, Chatham Twp., Lot 29, 4th concession. E-mail for more info. if desired. If you don't see a connection, good luck anyway!

Re: SCARLETT, BOBIER, DOBBYN, MOORHOUSE, DOLSEN, GOSS, McINTOSH

Posted: 1 Jul 2001 12:14PM GMT
I have quite a bit of information on the families you have listed as I have part relatives to some. I will try to get a reply
e-mailed to you soon.

Noreen Wetmore

Re: Interested in the DOBBYN name

Richard J. Dobbyn (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jan 2002 2:50AM GMT
Hello,

As you can tell, I am of the Dobbyn clan. I think that my dad, my uncle, my brother, and I visited you or one of your family members thirty year ago when I was a young boy. At the time, we lived in Michigan.

I am new to this genalogy thing, however, I would like to find out information about the family and the interrerlationships with other related families.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,
RJD

Posted: 30 Apr 2002 3:44AM GMT
Surnames: Meredith-Scarlett-Crow-McLean
I'm trying to fill in some blanks in my family tree.

Only have the names of John Alfred Lady Elizabeth (Meredith)Scarlett as their daughter Isabella Maud Scarlett (b:1794) married to one Thomas Crow. They in turn having a daughter Sophia who married one Hector McLean. Living in the Wallaceburge area I wondered if this might be a conection.

Liza

Posted: 8 Jan 2003 12:44PM GMT
Surnames: Scarlett
Liza, hello again. Just curious where you got the middle name for Isabell Maud Scarlett? I have not heard this before. Also I did not know who her parents ware? Is that John Albert Scarlett? Do you have any more on these Scarletts?

Coleen Handlon-Shaull

Posted: 25 Jul 2003 5:15AM GMT
Edited: 12 Nov 2003 5:59PM GMT
Surnames: Gallano Gallarno Gallarneau Gallerno Slater
Hi Lisa.
I read your note about the Scarlett family, and the Field family. I have a Mary Ann Gallano(Gallarno) married to a Gilbert Field on May 31. 1832 in Howard: Witness by Edward Scarlett and David Gallano (Gallarno)(My GGGrandfather) and Wyatt Turner. Do you have any information on these names I believe that Mary Ann Gallano(Gallarno) could be my GGGrandfather's sister I would appreciate any inf that
your could share.
my email is hacademy@televar.com
Thank you
Jessica Louise Westphalen
Washington State

Posted: 15 Mar 2005 8:03PM GMT
Edited: 23 Oct 2005 12:10PM GMT
Surnames: Goss
would you have a SAMUEL GOSS m. Grace Fenton? son Thomas b. 1830 York co,. Ontario. Thomas lived in Simcoe co. 1860, 1870 Venago co. PA, USA, 1875-1880 York co, Ontario 1880 census Gratiot co., MI died 1901 Muskegon, MI

Posted: 29 Mar 2005 7:04PM GMT
Edited: 23 Oct 2005 12:10PM GMT
Surnames: GOSS , FENTON
You have all the same info I have onThomas Goss. Parents Samuel Goss and Grace Fenton I have nothing on. I found a Grace Fenotn b. Feb. 29, 1808 East Gwilliambury, York co. ONtario, Canada, parents William and Sarah Fenton( RootsWeb.com Canada Ontario-L Archives 1999 query - by SJMARSH@netcom.ca) tried to e-mail but it came back.

Posted: 6 Mar 2010 12:36AM GMT
Surnames: Scarlett Cross
I have a copy of Hannah Cross ( nee Scarlett) death certificate, Her father is listed as Edward Charles Scarlett and mather is Catherine Fields, Hannah died of heart failure on April 26 1914, She lived on lot 20 con 6 in Euphemia Township Lambton County.
My husbands ggg grandparents were thier neighbours, the Bulls/Beauls
I also have pictures of some of the grave stones in West Bothwell Cemetery
dtbeaul@netscape.ca
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.