Search for content in message boards

Dennis McCarthy- Co. Kerry/ Lawrence,MA

Dennis McCarthy- Co. Kerry/ Lawrence,MA

Rachel (View posts)
Posted: 1 Aug 2000 11:51AM GMT
1850s: Dennis married Mary Leary of Rathmore. Children are Mary, Michael, John, Dennis,(my grandpa) Katie, Jeremiah, Andrew. Dennis had a sister Mary, and a brother Jeremiah who married Ellen. Children are Michael, John, (b.in Ireland) Jeremiah, Dennis (b.MA) ?info?

McCarthy

Sheila Christensen (View posts)
Posted: 6 Aug 2000 9:18AM GMT
I am looking for any ancestors to a Josephine or Johanna Elizabeth McCarthy, born in County Kerry, Ireland, mid to late 1800's????? Married at Daniel Keane, lived in Bridgeport, Connecticut

Reply to Sheila Christensen

Posted: 3 Sep 2000 10:27AM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 1:45AM GMT
My Grandmother was Katherine McCarthy Born in Kerry,Ire in 1879; parents were John McCarthy and Bridget Goggins. Siblings were John, Mary and Bridget. They lived in Bridgeport, Ct. Is there a connection?

Josephine or Johanna McCarthy

Posted: 3 Sep 2000 12:02PM GMT
Connie Fossa- I received your message about a Katherine McCarthy, living in Bridgeport, Ct.
My grandmother was born in County Kerry, Ireland, late 1800's, moved to Bridgport and married a Keane. Her name was Josephine or Johanna Elizabeth McCarthy - cannot imagine living in the same town - possibly sisters? I do not know of any siblings - I have nothing of my grandmother. She was buried in St. Michael's cemetary in Bridgeport. My father is still alive, but at 88, does not remember much.

Katherine McCarthy

connie fossa (View posts)
Posted: 3 Sep 2000 8:15PM GMT
Katherine was the daughter of John McCarthy and Bridget Goggins. Her sisters were Mary and Bridget and her brother was John. I think there may be a connection, possibly cousins. I have a cousin who has better research on the McCarthy line and will get in touch with her. Katherine married Thomas Gilmartin. My mother Constance; aunt, Elizabeth; and uncle, Eugene were all born in Bridgeport which is why we think our grandmother is from that area. My mothers birth cert. lists Katherine as born in Co. Kerry. Another family name from Bridgeport is my grandfathers mother's name, McCrann.

McCarthy

Posted: 4 Sep 2000 10:24AM GMT
Thanks for the reply; I just do not have much to offer. My grandmother is from County Kerry, Ireland, born in the late 1800's; it may be that she is connected to O'Connors, if I remember correctly. My grandmother married a Keane, and they had 4 children, Nicholas, Daniel, Mary (passed away early) and Jim (died in the war); only Nicholas (my Dad, 87; and Dan, 83, are alive). Dan still lives in CT (unfortunately, these two brothers do not speak - that is why I am without information). Anything you can pass along is greatly appreciated; thanks so much. Our family consists of myself, Sheila Kerry, Sean Kevin and Patrick Brian, Keane.

Re: Dennis McCarthy- Co. Kerry/ Lawrence,MA

Posted: 26 Sep 2011 1:36AM GMT
Classification: Query
If Mary Leary's father and/or brother was Daniel, there's a good chance we're related. They were from Rathmore. Would love to compare notes. private message me if ya want. ;) My great great grandfather and his father were Daniel Leary. My great great lived in Meenagishagh.

Re: Dennis McCarthy- Co. Kerry/ Lawrence,MA

Posted: 27 Sep 2011 6:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McCarthy Leary O'Leary
How interesting to receive your note. You can reach me at "rachelmitch@verizon.net"

My grandmother's name was Mary O'Leary, on my father's maternal side; my great grandmother was Mary Leary, on his paternal side, so it gets very confusing.
My grandmother had 7 brothers and 7 sisters, one was named Daniel. I have a note that says he came to the USA but then retired in Ireland. He married a Cronin and was probably born between 1864 and 1979. There is no date by his name in my mother's account. I have a lot of information, but let's see if we can narrow it down. If your kin came from Rathmore, it sounds very promising. Do you have any names of other siblings?

I have a lot about my grandmother and only census records on my great grandmother. I was looking for more McCarthys on my grandfather's side - Dennis McCarthy of Lawrence/Haverhill, but stopped a few years ago.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.