Search for content in message boards

BROCKWAY

Posted: 8 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 26 Jun 2001 12:33PM GMT
Surnames: Metzgar
OBITUARY. William Riley Brockway was born at Barker Creek, July 24, 1864, and with the exception of about ___teen years has spent his entire life in this community. While he was still very young, his parents moved to Ohio, but he never forgot Michigan, and returned as soon as he grew to manhood. On April 24, 1895, he married Sylvia Dot Metzgar. Their home was blessed with nine children, two of whom died in infancy. Mrs. Brockway died in 1914. The surviving members of the family are, Mrs. Hazel Glendenning, of Kalkaska, James Brockway of Masonville, Leon Brockway of Munising, Mrs. Vern Culliton of Ensign, Clifford Brockway of Mackinaw City, Mrs. Sarah Duel of Bakersfield, California, and Mrs. Pearl Rattray of Rapid City. Most of his life was spent on various farms near Kalkaska, but when his health began to fail about four years ago, he spent the greater portion of his time at the home of his son Clifford at Mackinaw City. Last fall he went to Ensign to visit his daughter, Mrs. Culliton, and grew rapidly worse until he passed away, January 13, 1940. He is remembered by all of the older citizens of our village with pleasure and affection. - The Leader and the Kalkaskian, 1940
Information courtesy Leader and Kalkaskian, www.upnorthpub.com

William Riley Brockway

Posted: 23 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 May 2002 8:43PM GMT
Surnames: Metzgar, Brockway
This would be my G-Grandfather. Does anyone have more info on either William or Dot Metzgar?
Posted: 24 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 17 Dec 2001 3:14AM GMT
Surnames: Metzgar
In the book ANTRIM COUNTY HEADSTONES:
There is a Don D. Metzgar b. 1885 d.1939 Buried Maple Grove Cemetery Section One Row 15

Also: Gladys A. Metzgar b. 1892 d.1963 Buried with Don D above. Possible Kalkaska connections?

Re: Metzgar

Posted: 13 Sep 2005 2:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
i do have don as a son of Charles & Sarah born 1885 but nothing on gladys but I would assume to be his wife...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.