Trying to find more info (esp parentage) of Robert Mellish.
Robert Mellish- born abt 1810 or 1811 in England, died after 1860 by 1870, prob in Vernon Twp, Trumbull County, Ohio
his wife Mary Mellish- born abt 1821 in New York, was widow in 1870 census in Vernon Twp, Trumbull County, OH, so may have died after 1870 (by 1880 (could not find her in the 1880 census) or guess also possible she could have re-married after 1870 aince she would have been in her 50's- early 60s)
TRobert & mary Mellish lived in Brantford, and Onondaga, Brant County, Ontario, Canada, and had several children- born there-
1. Sarah Adeline Mellish- Oct. 4, 1843, married 1880 in Indiana to Amos Carlton Bugbee (this is line I am tracing)
2. Alfred or Fred- born abt 1845, he may have died in Trumbull County, cound not find him in 1880 census
3. Mary Ann born abt 1847, unknown if she married
4, Sylvester- born Dec 1851, in 1900, he was living in Great Falls, Montana, Cascade County, was married to Mina (b. Nov 1864, Nebraska), married 19 yrs (mar abt 1881 (prob NOT marry in Trumbull County), had 3 children- dau Hattie- b. Feb 1882 in Colarado, so Arthur- b. Sept 1884, Nebraska, and dau Laura- born Nov 1891 in South Dakota, Sylvester became naturalized citizen in 1880 (prob upon mar to Mina); in 1920 Sylvester and wife Mina and dau Hattie were lviing in Clackamas County, Oregon, son Arthur in 1920 was living in Spokane County, Washington with wife Anna (b. abt 1892 in Washington), and dau Dorothy A (b 1911 in Oregon)
5. Naomi- born abt 1853, unknown if she married or died,
6. Eliza- born abt 1856 (she married to Edward Henry and may have married in Trumbull Cty after 1880- he was born Vernon Twp on Oct 3, 1847, his pts- David Henry & Matilda Daniels, Edward died Feb 17, 1928 in Farmdale, and is buried in Kinsman Cem) could not find a date of death for his wife Eliza Mellish Henry but she survived him so died after 1928 so would to find a death date or cemetery record as she is one whom I am sure stayed around Trumbull County. In 1900 Edward & Eliza had been married 3 yrs, and were lviing in San Miguel County, Colorado, no children in 1900, in 1920, they were back living in Trumbull County, Ohio, again no children living with them
7. George- born 1858 in Wisconsin- only child born in US, George ends up in Oklahoma, died in 1936 Comanche, OK,, Stephens County with wife Ella J (b, 1856, in IL, d. 1925, OK). George & Ella Mellish married abt 1881 (prob did NOT marry in Trumbull County), had no children in 1900 when they were living in Florida.
The family supposedly moved from Canada to Wisconsin about 1857 and then to Ohio about 1859 or 1860, were living in Vernon Twp, Trumbull County in 1860 & 1870 censuses.
Appreciate any contact with anyone with info about this Mellish family. Karen Everdon --- firstname.lastname@example.org