Search for content in message boards

Greenends, Alstone, Cumberland, England - BELL Family 1790s to 1820s

Greenends, Alstone, Cumberland, England - BELL Family 1790s to 1820s

Rob Bell (View posts)
Posted: 4 Sep 2006 1:50AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: CRAIG
Urgently seeking anyone with information & history of the property titled 'Greenends' located near Alstone, Cumberland, England. My great-great-great-great-grandfather, Thomas BELL, a wood joiner (b.1768 at Alstone) married a Mary (nee CRAIG) there in 1791 and produced several children, among them Peggy, Mary & my great-great-great grandfather Thomas born in 1799. The family lived at 'Greenends' during the 1790s and at least until ~ 1820s. I believe Thomas's wife Mary died ~ 1811 and is buried at Alstone somewhere. I would love to know more about the history of both the 'Greenends' property itself and this BELL family group. For example does the house still stand?? How large was the land & how would it have been utilised? Are there any members of this family still in the area? Do Thomas & Mary's graves have any monuments on them? Can anyone please help me with some details about this property and my BELL family who lived there??? Much appreciated. Cheers, Rob Bell, Essendon, Victoria, Australia.

Re: Greenends, Alstone, Cumberland, England - BELL Family 1790s to 1820s

Posted: 9 May 2007 8:12AM GMT
Hello Rob

I too am tracing the family of Thomas Bell and Mary Craig and would welcome any information you have on their children.

I am tracing a John Bell born 1795 Alston whose parents are either Thomas Bell and Mary Craig or William Bell and Ann Hutchinson.

Hoping to hear from you.

Regards

Irene

Posted: 21 Oct 2009 12:14PM GMT
Hi Irene ..I am related to Ann Hutchinson who married John Bell in 1824 in Alston . What info do you have on this couple .I can be contacted at( carmadroy at yahoo dot co dot Uk ) Many thanks Roy

Posted: 25 Nov 2013 10:29AM GMT
we are in the process of buying greenends so was very interested to read your listing - did you get anywhere with your inquiries?
Sandra
per page

Find a board about a specific topic