Search for content in message boards

Looking for Locks

Looking for Locks

Kristen Lock (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lock, Wurteck
I am looking for any info what-so-ever on my family history. My family is originates from England. They migrated to Canada sometime within the last 150 years, and just came to the U.S. recently. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone has any ideas on a place where I could get information, that would also be appreciated. Thank you.
Sincerely, Kristen Lock
kekebake@juno.com

Locke's from England to Canada

Posted: 20 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jan 2002 2:06AM GMT
Surnames: Locke
Kristen,

I am descended from the Locke's in Newfoundland, Canada. I was told our family came from the Dorset, Devon, Somerset area of England. As yet, I have no connection made from Newfoundland to England. If you believe we are from the same lines, contact me.

Happy Hunting, Deb

Locke's in Newfoundland

Zabrina Squires (View posts)
Posted: 18 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
I am seeking info on William Locke b: Abt 1848, d: June 1932. He had been married to Patience. They had a few children named David Havlock Locke b: 21 Aug 1875, d: 11 Mar 1952, Charlie Locke, and Albert Locke. Unfortunately, I don't know where they were born, but it is believed that our ancestors are fom England. I do know that one ofDavid Havlock Locke's children was born in Newfoundland. If you have any info, please contact me. Thanx.

Re: Locke's in Newfoundland

Eileen (View posts)
Posted: 5 May 2002 10:12PM GMT
I do believe theDavid Locke you are looking for is my grand father, Charles and Albert were his brothers, born in Trinity Newfoundland. My father was Ambrose Locke son of David.

Merril Locke (View posts)
Posted: 14 Oct 2002 10:43PM GMT
All of these people mentioned are my ancestors. I have a wealth of information I can share with you. Please write me

Re: Locke's from England to Canada

Merril Locke (View posts)
Posted: 14 Oct 2002 11:30PM GMT
I believe my family and yours are from the same group of lockes. Please send me any information you have.

Posted: 7 Aug 2003 8:21AM GMT
Have you come across a George Lock sailed for Qubec from England in 1840 age 17, unable to trace him or his wherabouts since he left England.Andrea (Lock) Cox

Posted: 3 Oct 2011 12:26PM GMT
Do you have information on Richard Locke, father of Alfred? Please email if you do bleblanc8641@catlover.com

Thanks!

Posted: 11 Nov 2011 2:54PM GMT
Surnames: Locke's from Newfoundland
Merril, would you please email me at wmcguire1@telus.net. I believe there is information we can share.

Posted: 11 Nov 2011 3:13PM GMT
There are two families of Locke's from Trinity dating back to the early 1800s. One was from David Locke and one from Aaron Locke Sr. Somehow I think these two men were related. The family of David Locke turned Methodist at some early point. The family of Aaron were Anglican. A wonderful man by the name of Terry (I believe that's his name as I have lost his email info) provided me with the family histories of these two families.
Please email me at wmcguire1@telus.net if you would like a copy of the family history.
Also, If you are on Facebook, add me Wanda McGuire (Kelowna) as a friend as I believe we are all related.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.