Search for content in message boards

Descendants of Frederick Lachlan Kelly - born Cootamundra 1906

Descendants of Frederick Lachlan Kelly - born Cootamundra 1906

Posted: 26 Jan 2011 6:11AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kelly Kelhear Salter Hines
I an trying to trace any relatives of a Frederick Lachlan Kelly born in Cootamundra NSW Australia 14 September 1906. He was born Frederick Lachlan Kelhear but records indicate that there was a change of name to Kelly. It seems that he married a Helena Gertrude Johnson in Sydney on 16th February 1942. However his parents on this wedding certificate are different from those on the birth certificate that i have for a Frederick Lachlan Kelly born Cootamundra 1906.

Am i dealing with a different person?

On his birth cerificate his parents are Robert Forbes Kelhear and Sara Kelhear nee Hines.

On his wedding certificate he lists his parents as John Kelly and Sarah Salter.

Any help here would be appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Descendants of Frederick Lachlan Kelly - born Cootamundra 1906

Posted: 25 Apr 2011 11:52AM GMT
I am trying to find information on my maternal grandfather Forrest Stanislaus Kelly. I believe his mother could possibly be Sarah Salter and his father John Kelly but I cannot confirm these details as there is confusion relating to his birth certificate. I believe his name is as above and his date of birth to be 2.11.1900 and he was from Muttama NSW, near Cootamundra. There is a birth record for a Forest H Kelly born in 1901. Could Frederick and Forest be brothers? I have just started looking into this and will reply with further information as I find it.
Regards
Kim Tutt Brown

Posted: 26 Apr 2011 9:35PM GMT
Greetings Kim
It was good to hear from you.

The Kelly link in my tree is somewhat stange. My great grandfather seems to have left his wife (My great Grandmother) and set up a new family about 1900. His name was Robert Forbes Kelhear. It seems that he set up with a Sarah Hines and there is at least one child possibly 2 a girl and a boy.

Whilst the name of these children is registered as Kelhear there has been a registered change of name to Kelly for Frederick.

Robert seems to have left this family as well as at his death in 1936 there is no mention of either family and the informant at his death was his brother who I would have though would have known about his brothers family/ies.

I am trying to find links to the Kelly name change as they may have some further information about Robert Kelhear.

Its possible that if Robert shot through that Sarah started another relationship. Given that Cootamundra is a fairly small place i thought it might be possible to track the family there. I've not really made any attempt to do so other than the note you have responded to.

I've got the birth certificate of Frederick Lachlan Kelhear (Kelly)

You can contact me on 0412053790 or destino@miramar.com.au

Cheers

Peter

Posted: 2 Jul 2011 11:12AM GMT
Hi Peter
I have sent you an email.
Cheers
Kim
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.