Search for content in message boards

Jasper Jamison

Jasper Jamison

Posted: 21 Jul 2009 12:22AM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for anything on Jasper Jamison b:1837 d:24 Oct 1909 in Excelsior Springs, Missouri. He was the father of Ed Jamison 1876-1940.

Re: Jasper Jamison

Posted: 5 Oct 2009 11:26PM GMT
I have found some info. re Jasper Jamison; he had 3 children (Minnie in 1872, Celia in 1875, and Ed in 1876). He is listed in the 1900 US census in Hayes Co., NE living with Minnie and her husband, Charles Korell. Was he being reared by William Harrison and Winneford Jamison or was he their son? There is a "Jasper Newton Jamison" who is listed with them in the 1850, 1860, and 1870 US censuses. I assume he is the same person. Do you have info. concerning where he is buried and his parentage? Thank you.
Jennie

Posted: 6 Oct 2009 1:25AM GMT
That's the guy although Cora is the other sister. I believe you are thinking of Celia, Jasper's wife. As for William Harrison - that is William Harrison Jamison so they are likely father and son. I just learned of Minnie and Cora today so I have had zero info on Jasper. My grandmother believed he died in Excelsior Springs, Missouri but I have yet to find a grave but I'm in California so....
Robin

Posted: 6 Oct 2009 4:57PM GMT
My mistake - you're right - it is Cora, not Celia. In the 1900 US census, the census taker wrote that Jasper's parents were from Virginia; I don't know if this is an error or if they were from a part of Kentucky that once was VA. I'm trying to understand his connection with William Harrison Jamison and Winneford Jamison (sp). William was born ca. 1815 in KY while Winneford was born ca. 1817 in VA., according to all census records I've seen (1850-1880, MO). Did your grandmother mention these people?
Jennie

Posted: 6 Oct 2009 9:38PM GMT
A census worker of the time should be taken with a grain of salt I'm afraid. Someone employed with the mormon family history center told me three censuses give you the proof. I'm afraid my grandmother did not write down anyone past Jasper and Celia as they were my grandfather's family and she had no personal knowledge.
Robin

Posted: 12 Jan 2010 1:02AM GMT
Surnames: Jameson/Jamison
I am also working on a Jasper Newton Jameson/Jamison, except my guy b. 1843 KY lived in Pike Co., IL. However, I found there was a Jameson family in Greenup Co., KY that has both the William H. Jameson you mention, plus a Jasper N. Jamison, only son of a Cochran Jameson, who I could find no other mention of.
Now this was mentioned on the Greenup Co., KY message board on Ancestry in a discussion about David A. Jameson's will. A Bruce Logan posted the information on the will and estate settlement. I think it might be what you're looking for.
My Jasper N. Jameson was living in Scioto Co., KY in 1850 - just across the river from Greenup Co., KY.

Hope this helps.
Pam Smith
Dallas, Or

Posted: 4 Sep 2011 4:30PM GMT
Surnames: Jameson, Jamison
Anyone working on Jasper Newton Jamison/Jameson born in 1835 in Missouri and living in Fresno CA in the 1910 census?

I believe this is him at age 14 in the 1850 census in Sarcoxie, Jasper MO:
Esther Jameson 54 TN can read and write
Amanda 26 MO (so born in 1824 in Missouri)
Caroline 19
Robert 22 farmer MO
George M 20
Margaret 17
Jasper N. 14 This is Jasper Newton Jamison?
Anne E. 13

They were next door to:
Thomas Jameson 36, carpenter Mo
Eliza A. 23 KY
Cynthia A 16 MO
Eliza R. 13 Mo
Alee R. 12 MO (SEE below)
John W. 10
Nancy C. 2
Matilda M. 7/12 MO

Charlotte 10

Trying to contact Jennierybban

Posted: 30 Jun 2013 12:51AM GMT
Jennierybann is you are still monitoring message board please contact me concerning members of your family tree.

Re: Trying to contact Jennierybban

Posted: 30 Jun 2013 7:54PM GMT
Surnames: Harris
Hi, Lisa
I found a few of your posts and see that you've done an extensive amount of work on Ida. My connection to her is possibly by a niece of hers, Willie I. Harris, who married an uncle of mine, Hampton Porter Prevatt.
I believe Willie I. Harris is the daughter of Henry and Eliza (nee unknown) Harris. Henry and Ida May Belle Harris' parents were William Monroe and Amanda M. [nee Neaves (sp)] Harris. The family was originally from Early and Pike counties GA but moved to north central Florida ca. 1885.
Ida May Belle Harris married:
1. A. J. Abbott on 17 Oct 1889 in Levy County, Florida and had a least two children: Annie Mary Magdalene Abbott (b. ca. 1891) and James Fletcher Abbott (1893-1955). Annie Mary's parentage is questionable. I gained all the information about her (which is slim to none) from Alachua County Florida ancient archives.
2. Charles H. Dudley ca. 1895 and had "Lottie Madoratha Dudley (1900-1981)
3. William Major Daughtrey on 10 Nov 1904 in Alachua County, FL and had Willie May (nee Daughtrey) Nesbit.

This Ida May (nee Harris) Abbott Dudley Daughtrey had a sister by the name of Sarah Gertrude (nee Harris) Buckalew (1858-1904). She is buried in Pine Grove Cemetery near Trenton, Florida.

My tree is at best inconclusive concerning whether or not I've been able to locate Ida May beyond 1920. She is buried in Evergreen Cemetery in Gainesville, FL as listed in "Find-A-Grave," albeit the birth year listed isn't what I have in my tree; the 1870 census indicates she was born in 1869.

I don't have a "Sarah E. Harris" or "Thomas Cain Turner" in my tree. The Ida May Belle Harris in my tree didn't have any half sisters.

George State Archives may be of some help to you since you know the county the Harris' family originated. If you don't mind pouring over a few indexed county marriage records, you may find the "William M. and Roberta Harris" you are looking for. William Monroe Harris (1825-?) in my tree married Amanda M. Neaves (1828-1903) on 6 Oct 1846 in Early Co. GA; she was originally from Clay County, GA.

I wish you success in your search.
Take care,
Jennie

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.