Search for content in message boards

NORMAN, DOTSON, BOYD, HATFIELD, MCCOY, PHILLIPS

NORMAN, DOTSON, BOYD, HATFIELD, MCCOY, PHILLIPS

Amy (View posts)
Posted: 9 Apr 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:50PM GMT

I have many family members who are all intertwined with the names listed...I am trying to put together a detailed tree...I want to know who ties in where, how, how many times, etc.

My mother is a Norman, her mother was a Dotson (Opal) who married my grandfather who was a Norman (Noah John)...but our family also knows that both the Dotsons and Normans tie in with both the Hatfields and McCoys...the area that my family is from is now called McCarr which is in Pike County.

Matewan is just around the way also as is Williamson, WV they live in a smaller area within McCarr which is called Balckberry Fork...this is an area that quite a few Feud events took place...our family cememtary sits above Blackberry Fork, besides a burial place for many Normans...many Boyds, Hatfields and McCoys lie there...along with other familys also...since the state now owns the land...(i think?)

Re: NORMAN, DOTSON, BOYD, HATFIELD, MCCOY, PHILLIPS

Posted: 13 Apr 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 9 Aug 2001 2:50PM GMT

My family is also from Pike Co although i was born In Mingo Co Wv and lived in Pbackberry City Wv Who were Opals parents? Maybe we can share info

I THINK WE ARE RELATED

Aimee Tilley (View posts)
Posted: 20 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: LIZZY NORMAN, NOAH NORMAN
LIZZY NORMAN WAS MY GREAT GRAND MOTHER HER DAUGHTER WAS MY DADS MOM BUT WHO WAS HER DADAND WHO WAS LIZZY AND NOAHS PARENTS

Posted: 23 Dec 2001 11:03PM GMT
my grandparents were hatfields and my grandmother hatfields mom was a phillips.they were jesse hatfield and my granny was arlena cecil hatfield.they were killed in pineville ky in aug 1959 along with my aunt

Elizabeth Boyd (View posts)
Posted: 4 Oct 2002 1:58PM GMT
Surnames: Mccoy Hatfield Boyd
Hi , I am interested in your geneology.I am married to The boyd side.My family is Mccoys.My grandmother was Laurine <Alley>Mccoy.Her parents were Ellie and Phillip Mccoy from Blackberry creek.The Boyd side I can get answers from My mother-inlaw.Her husband is Raymond Boyd.His mother is Etta Norman.She had a sister Opal.So somehow i believe it may tie in.Send questions to my email and i will try to help you k.

Louise Kidd (View posts)
Posted: 6 Oct 2002 12:33AM GMT
I also am doing the McCoy's , Hatfields , Phillips, Thornsbury's of Blackberry Fork. The McCoy's in my family were all born there. Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated. my email: lou_kidd@hotmail.com

Pam Croley Vermillion (View posts)
Posted: 19 Mar 2003 4:26PM GMT
Hello,
My grandfather was Frank Phillips of Grapevine. My grandmother was Bertha Addams Phillips. I have been told Frank Phillips (who was involved in the Feud) is a relative. Not sure of the relation. Any info would be appreciated.
Pam Croley Vermillion

Posted: 19 Sep 2010 7:40PM GMT
Surnames: Dotsons and McCoys
I have some Dotsons and McCoys in my Pike County Family. I too am starting a tree and maybe we can help each other. How can I help?

Posted: 22 Oct 2010 6:28PM GMT
I HAVE ALL OF THOSE SURNAMES , EXCEPT PHILLIPS.
PLUS TOSS IN RUNYON AND MAYNARDS, VARNEY

Posted: 10 May 2012 7:10PM GMT
Pam
I am a relative From Pike county. I live in Virginia and have for several years. Left there in 64 when you were very young.
I have been told all my life that one of our Great Grand Fathers was named Little Black Frank Phillips. He was a Law man during the Hatfield and McCoy fude.
The fude has been on history channeel in the past and is scheduled again soon. He was in the old version not sure about the new one.
You can find pictures of him on the net covering the fude.

Ronnie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.