sarah chandler c1835

sarah chandler c1835

Posted: 7 Jan 2007 10:03AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Feb 2009 7:33AM GMT
Surnames: chandler, huckett
hello all
best wishes for new year2007
just joined ancestry,co,uk located some sarah in 1851 census & possible birth from LDS

our sarah CHANDLER married in australia c1859 edward HUCKETT sadly she died young 41yr old in 1876 after following a miner husband they had 7 children

her death certifcate says father is henry CHANDLER as occupation "mason" strangley mother is stated as unknown

been in NSW for 23yr brings her possible voyage around c1853

someone else mentioned chelsea london here i am bit confused in census where does london fit in eg i know GLS for gloucestershire

thanking you in advance. if someone needs help re australia i'll try help.i do hold a NSW convict guide book

best wishes & kind regards claire

sarah chandler c1835

Posted: 10 Jan 2007 5:58AM GMT
Edited: 13 Feb 2009 7:40AM GMT
Chelsea is in London and isn't directly covered by this message board.

However you could search the 1841 census as well to look for Henry's family (Sarah aged c.6?), this should give a mother's name too. The ages in this census were often rounded up or down! The 1851 census gives occupations and the important place of birth etc.

If you search the IGI with the father's full name and the mother's first name you can often find the whole family with DOBs and the baptism churches. The location of which hopefully correlates with your census data. Bear in mind the IGI doesn't have all the parish registers the LDS have filmed.

Did Sarah arrive in NSW? Have you checked the on-line boat lists to get a definite date of arrival

Joyce,
Melbourne

sarah chandler c1835

Posted: 10 Jan 2007 9:33AM GMT
Edited: 13 Feb 2009 7:41AM GMT
thanks Joyce for your time in replying , pleasant surprise seeing Melbourne , i'm based in sydney.

sadly BDM death cert 1876/010582 it doesnt mention an australian state at all simply 23years to answer the how long in australasian colonies or state .

think did 1841 crensus , will relook

where do we find on-line boat list ?
tryed the state records online no luck yet will try again

opps sorry short talk must get back to "present family"

will take your considerations to heart

thansk agin
kind regards claire

Re: sarah chandler c1835

Posted: 11 Jan 2007 5:48AM GMT
The boats lists I've used are the State Records ones too. Have you got a marriage certificate? I have access to records for Victoria and next time I'm searching I'll check for Sarah, just in case she stepped ashore here.

For Australian info I've found www.coraweb.com.au very helpful.

Joyce

Re:sarah chandler c1835

Posted: 11 Jan 2007 11:04AM GMT
hi Joyce thanks again much appreciated

no marriage cert. have looked- mystrey not nsw done NSW BDM search.

begining to tothink maybe got married overseas ? yet he had been in NSW 50years ! he was a miner one son was born near Braidwood . Sarah also died in gold mining town Upper Bingera NSW now called Bingara

your idea sounds good Victoria was a notable mining place.

is Victoira also online serach ? for BDM ?

let me know if you need payment for your time

kind regards claire

Posted: 12 Jan 2007 3:26AM GMT
Edited: 13 Feb 2009 7:42AM GMT
You can search on line in Victoria for BMDs but unlike NSW you have to pay! www.dvc.vic.gov.au/bmd.htm

I have an LDS film to view and will go to the library early next week.

Joyce

Posted: 17 Jan 2007 2:52AM GMT
I didn't find Sarah in Digger - the Victorian BMD computer file.

I took a quick look at the '41 and '51 census and found Henry and wife Sarah in both - St Luke's parish. Neither were born in London, no children. Found a Sarah aged 6 living with Margaret Chandler 35 in the same parish registration in '41, different address. Margaret was not born in London either but Sarah was. A Sarah Chandler 18 appears in Paddington - domestic servant in '51. There seems to be other Chandlers too in the St Luke's area. Looks as if Chelsea might be the place.

Unfortunately the LDS don't seem to have filmed all the parish registers for St Luke's. The London Metropolitan Archives hold the orginal records.

Hope this is of some help.

Joyce

Posted: 18 Jan 2007 10:27AM GMT
hello Joyce
thank you so much for your time
it is of help -it help cofirm some that i had spotted thru census too .
thanks for the tip about "The London Metropolitan Archives hold the orginal records."

someone said there is a LSD in parramatta nsw i will try see where.

thanks again best wishes from claire

Posted: 18 Jan 2007 10:49AM GMT
Edited: 13 Feb 2009 7:43AM GMT
Hi

Found this on familysearch which seems to fit in with your details.
IGI Individual Record FamilySearch™ International Genealogical Index v5.0
British Isles
Search Results | Download | Pedigree

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SARAH ANN CHANDLER
Female

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Event(s):
Birth: 01 JUL 1835

Christening: 02 AUG 1835 Saint Luke, Chelsea, London, England

Death:
Burial:

Parents:
Father: HENRY CHANDLER Family
Mother: CHARLOTTE
Source Information:
Batch No.: Dates: Source Call No.: Type: Printout Call No.: Type:

C067054 1827 - 1829 0585472 Film 6903894 Film

C067054 1829 - 1841 0585473 Film NONE

Also found a sibling Catherine born 1838.

There is also another child called Henry to a father Henry but wife called Sarah. Had Charlotte died? This child was called Henry, born 31/12/1839, baptised 09/02/07 and died 20/05/1841.

There is also an entry in earlier records for Henry born aound 1812 baptised at St Luke's.

Good luck.

Jenny

Posted: 20 Jan 2007 5:13AM GMT
Edited: 13 Feb 2009 7:43AM GMT
hello Jenny

thank you for your time
i just got the notification email today 20/01/2007
,i'd just found out the same data from family search too

most appreciated your line of reasoning/thinking
re ""There is also another child called Henry to a father Henry but wife called Sarah. Had Charlotte died? This child was called Henry, born 31/12/1839, baptised 09/02/07 and died 20/05/1841.
There is also an entry in earlier records for Henry born aound 1812 baptised at St Luke's.""

i was/am abit nervous to think it may belong to my "sarah"

have yet to get to LDS in sydney

our NSW state records has 3 chandler coming to australia in 1853 if the death certificate info holds correct

opps had just gone back to the online index this time came up with several results ! i'll look at your line of thinking with these names .

oh ! will need more time to read the microfilm at the NSW state archives . this is where one wishes one had more time juggling working fulltime & home duties , all worth the juggle though

back to the drawing board or "my red herring basket" as i call it

are you based UK ? ifyou need NSW help let me know thanks again

best wishes for yor new year
kind regards claire
per page

Find a board about a specific topic