Search for content in message boards

Facella family

Facella family

Thomas A.Facelle (View posts)
Posted: 1 Feb 2000 2:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Facella
Seeking any Facella family descendants from Lercara Friddi,Sicily. Will exchange information

Facella family.

Michael J. Belluto (View posts)
Posted: 26 Apr 2001 4:00PM GMT
Surnames: Facella, Belluto
Hi, My name is Michael Belluto. My great Grandfathers mothers maiden name was Facella.He lived in san jose with elise. My great grnadmother. Thier son was James Nicholas Belluto. There's a lot mor to story, but hopefully that will help. Please email me back if know anything or if it even sounds close.

Facella family

Thomas A. Facelle,Esq. (View posts)
Posted: 29 Apr 2001 1:06PM GMT
My Facella ancestors were from Lercara Friddi in Sicily.I can trace back to the 18th century.
Is this any help to you?

Family from Lercara?

Christine Facella (View posts)
Posted: 25 May 2001 11:20PM GMT
Surnames: Facella, Biggica, Sinatra, Capozzi, Zaniboni, Bruno
I was told by my grandfather that his parents were from Lercara (only he was pronouncing it incorrectly). I was able to determine this by checking the surname Facella and the maiden name of my great grandmother Biggica on the Ellis Island web site. Although I was not able to confirm their names on any ship manifest, many of the Facellas and Biggicas are from Lercara. I also know that my great grandparents had a brother Facella and a sister Biggica that also married. Further, my grandfather also told me that his mother's mother had the maiden name Sinatra. There are also many Sinatras from Lercara. I would also like to speak to any relatives of the following people: Rosa Capozzi of Sommerville MA, Frances Zaniboni, and Concetta Bruno. All three have the maiden name of Facella.

Facella family

Thomas A. Facelle,Esq. (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jun 2001 1:41PM GMT
Christina Facella
Yes. My grandparents & father were from Lercara Friddi.I have visited this city often to check on my lineage.Facella is not a particularly common name.My line is of Gaetano & Gaspare Facelle.If I can help I am at tfacelle@aol.com ( note my name is spelled differently)

Re: Family from Lercara?

sharon (View posts)
Posted: 5 May 2002 7:29PM GMT
Surnames: Biggica
Hello, my name is Sharon Biggica and I live in Staten Island, NY. Biggica is my maiden name, and most of my family (Biggica's) live here on Staten Island. My father told me my family is from Sciacca, Sicily. We are related to Biggica's in upstate New York and Florida. If you would e-mail me back, maybe we are somehow related. My dad is more familiar with names of other Biggica's, although it is a rare name. Look forward to hearing from you. Sharon

t.facella (View posts)
Posted: 5 May 2002 9:59PM GMT
Sorry I am not familiar with anyone from Sicily with your name

Re: Facella family

Posted: 4 Nov 2002 12:30AM GMT
I know of this family. They are related to my Salerno line form Lercara Friddi. There is a Frank Fajella (note spelling) that I know in NYC whose family is also from L.F.

Posted: 11 Feb 2004 8:57PM GMT
Surnames: Biggica, Samperi
Hello Sharon,
My name is Lisa Biggica. I live in Pennsylvania. My grandfather is Joseph Biggica. He grew up in Staten Island, New York. Is the son of Joseph Biggica and Maria (Samperi) Biggica. I have an Uncle, Robert, who lives in upstate NY near Albany. I see that you posted this message a long time ago, I am not sure if you will ever check it again, but it was very interesting to hear from another person with my last name because it is pretty rare. If you do ever check this site again, please feel free to email me. My email address is lbiggica@yahoo.com.

Posted: 19 Jul 2007 7:00PM GMT
Surnames: Facella, Biggica, Sinatra, Capozzi, Zaniboni, Bruno
Hi Christine, My grandfather was Antonio Facella, married to Josephine Biggica. They were from Sicily, but I am not sure where, except I have heard close to Palermo. I remember something about my grandmother being related to THE Sinatra. They came to New York in early 1900's and eventually ended up in South Boston. I believe my father was the youngest, he was born in N.Y. and was 2 when they moved to Boston. His name was Joseph Anthony Facella. I am the oldest daughter and the only child by him and my mother. My dad remarried and I have 2 half sisters and 1 half brother. They all live in the Boston area. I live in Florida and have for 30 years.
I am very interested in getting information about the Facella and Biggica families in Sicily. My father's siblings were Rosa, Frances, Anna, Josephine, Anthony, Concetta. I believe that was all of them. I am hoping to go to Italy and Sicily sometime in the next few years. I would love to hear any information you may have.
Rosa Capozzi, Frances Zaniboni and Concetta Bruno are my aunts. Concetta died young, perhaps before I was born. I have not kept in touch, but am assuming the others are probably deceased also or approaching 90 or 100 years.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.