Search for content in message boards

john wesley davenport /talley

john wesley davenport /talley

Posted: 5 Jan 2001 8:15AM GMT
Edited: 14 Feb 2003 5:55PM GMT
im looking for john wesley davenport he was married to mary anna talley jan 5 1898 in the state of delaware.if any one can help with any thing about john wesley davenport thank you

John Wesley Davenport

Herschell M. Davenport, Jr. (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jan 2001 8:23PM GMT
Kathy:
My Granddad, Walter R. Davenport had at least 3 brothers and one was called Uncle Wes. The others were Everett and Tom. My aunts don't remember where Wes last lived, as Walter R. died in 1937 and contact with him was lost. However, Walter R. was born in Fort Payne, Alabama. That courthouse burned some years ago so records are basically non- existant from that source, however there may be state or national records that can be persued. I'm looking for the name of Walter's Dad so I can chase that trail back, which, if there's a relation, will help you too. I'll repost here when I find it. HM

John Wesley Davenport

Posted: 27 Jan 2001 7:08AM GMT
Edited: 27 Mar 2002 11:37PM GMT
Herschell, My gg-grandfather's name was John Wesley Davenport, b.1856,d, 2/4/1920 m. Fannie Crawford from Greenville, Sc. b. 1866, d. 5/14/1926. John died in Hodges, SC, and Fannie died in Greenwood, SC..They had a grand-son name Walter B.(Ras) nick name. John's father was Rev. John B. Davenport m. Hulda Coker. They had a daughter Betty, that married a W.P. Davenport. I don't know what the W. stands for, could it be Wesley ? The P. stands for Pinkney/Pickney. These people lived at times in SC...Can you connect..I'll be glad to trade info.

Please advise..
Norma

John Wesley Davenport

Herschell Davenport (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jan 2001 11:52AM GMT
Norma, The common thread here would be if John Wesley's Dad was William Ike (perhaps Issac)Davenport. William's sons were Walter R., Everett, Wes, Tom, and Casey.
I have no information on William I. Davenport so far but am still looking. I was told by family years ago that the Carolinas were one point of origin, so maybe we're on the right track. Herschell

John W. Davenport

Posted: 27 Jan 2001 5:29PM GMT
Edited: 27 Mar 2002 11:37PM GMT
Are you searching Isaac, Frances, William,, I have info. on these..Have you ever heard the names of W.Pinkney Davenport, Birkett, Luny Davenport.??

Norma

John Wesley Davenport

Posted: 27 Jan 2001 5:40PM GMT
Norma, I'm actually looking for info on William Ike Davenport. The reason I mention Issac is that Ike is often the used in place of actually calling someone Issac. Actually my aunts have told me that William Ike Davenport was their grandfathers name. I assumed Ike was short for Issac. I don't have any info as to birth/death dates, places, parents, etc for him. I would appreciate whatever info you have so that I may try to piece together the bits and pieces. Herschell

Davenport Family

LaDonna Bates (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jan 2001 9:30PM GMT
Hi , My grandfather was Alton Davenport of Altoona Alabama.Could we be related?My email address is ladonna@hiwaay.net Please reply.

Davenport Family

Posted: 29 Jan 2001 6:31AM GMT
I'm sorry I've never seen your grandfather's name mentioned in my family records before. Probably all Davenports are related to some degree. One just has to find the right thread and follow it back. Finding out who your grandfathers Dad and Mom were is a good start.

Davenport family

Ladonna Kay Bates (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jan 2001 11:12AM GMT
May I ask where you are from?The reason why I
am asking is because there is a Herschell
Davenport in our Family,and that is an unusual name.
One you dont hear everyday.

Davenport Family

Posted: 29 Jan 2001 6:40PM GMT
I am from the Greenville, TX area. My grandparents both lived in the Hunt/Collin county area in the early 1900's. Where are you from? You're right in the oddity of the spelling of Herschell. As I'm a Jr. my father was blessed with it originally.
I've heard he was named for some famous senator or other somewhat "known" person of the early 20's. I really don't know for sure. Herschell
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.