Two Mize sisters, Mary I. and Barbara A. Mize,daughters of Louis Dekalb and Katherine King Mize both married Goza brothers, James Aaron and George Lee Goza.
My Grandfather , William Webster Goza was a brother to James and Lee.
Mary Isabell Mize was born 1872. she married James A.Goza on Oct. 22 1890. Soon after they married they moved to OK. They livedto Stephens Co OK They are buried in the Bear Creek Cemetery in Stephens Co. OK. They have her birth date wrong on the computer. I don't know if the headstone is wrong or if they made a mistake when they transcribed it. I am in touch with some of the Gozas from this family.
Barbara Mize was born in 1877 and died March 18 1960 in Anson Texas, Jones Co in the Mt. Hope Cemeter.
There are still many of their grandchildren living there.
I have many old pictures of Uncle Lee and Aunt Barb, as my daddy called them.
In fact we just had a Goza family reunion in June and many of the Mize's were there. We took a lot of pictures.Two of Aunt Barb's grand children helped with the reunion.
Louis Dekalb and Katherine had 12 children.The married Oct. 28, 1869.
1. Willie Albert Mize b. Nov. 4 1870. d. aug. 1946
2. Mary Isabell Mize
3. Sarah Frances Miza b. 1875 d. 1958 married Bill Brown
4. Barbara Allen Mize m. Geroge Lee Goza July 15 1891
5. Rena Estelle Mizeb. June 15, 1879 d. July 14, 1964
m. Earnest Gustavus
6 Austin Benjamin Mize b. Feb. 18, 1881 d. Sept 23, 1935 m. Annie Coquitt Oct. 7 1899
7. Jesse Ballard Mize b. Feb. 20, 1883 d. July 8, 1967 m. Ella Gustavus
8. John Moses Mize b. May 25, 1885 d. May 8 1946 m. Lillian Curry Oct. 22, 1916
9. James Lewis Mize b. 1887 d. 1966 m. Susie Hines May 5 1907
10. Sydney Mize b. 1889 d.1969 m. Minnie Maness
11. Lillie Virgil Mize b. Apr. 14 1892 d.Dec. 25 1971 m. Lillie Sanford Maness Dec. 18, 1910
12. Martha Elizabeth Mize, b. 1894 d. 1974 m. Tom Drake
Louis Dekalb Mize b. Jan 11 1846 in Sabine Parish LA . d Nov. 15 1931 and is buried in Madison Co. in the George Cem.
Katherine d. Jan. 13, 1933 and is buried at his side.
Louis was the son of Jesse Mize Jr and Martha Jane Ford. They moved to TX in the 1860s.
Louis Dekalb served in the confederate Army in the Texas Cavalry, Kaufman County.